I finally won something - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I finally won something
Monday, December 26, 2005 2:03 PM
I can't believe it, after a year of taking my basically stock cavi to the drag strip i finally won $150 bucks for second place, finally had a decent light but my leg came loose and i missed second gear and got my butt handed to me by a 69' Camaro SS. Boy did he blow by me after i missed second. i ran my slowest time of the night of 11.32 to his 7.65. but at least i finally treed someone, i had a .515 light to his .576. Lol one of these days i hope to cut the infamous .500 light, but the closest i have gotten so far is a red-light of .4989.

"Drive it like you stole it"

Re: I finally won something
Monday, December 26, 2005 2:46 PM
ill find my slip that has MY .000 light on it. ive been searching my stacks of slips and its the one single pass i cant find for the year. i musta taken it to shown someone and forgetten to file it back away.

its a great feeling...and a lot of tracks offer prizes for it. if mine had been on a competition pass, not fun runs, i woulda earned $100 for it. Thems the breaks though.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Monday, December 26, 2005 2:47 PM
my buddys wife has a .000 R/T the one night we went to the track. It was pretty cool

Monday, December 26, 2005 3:14 PM
lol, sounds about like my little sister. i had a s-10 4 banger that she took out to the track one night to race in the ladies only class, first night she went out and one 1st place and second night she won 2nd place, man was my mom ticked off when she beat her. and my mom now has a 69 Chevelle SS396 that me and my father built for here and she can cut some wicked ass lights in it, scared the crap out of me the first time i drove it, because it pulled the front end and i could see nothing but sky, of coarse being the crazy one legged cripple i am, i kept it to the floor and hit high gear, fastest i have been so far in her car is an 8.24 at a ittle over 85 mph. i just wish i could fit in my fathers roaster, would love to take that thing down the track.

Monday, December 26, 2005 6:10 PM
Don't worry about the .500 light. You will get one some time when the car hooks better or you leave a little early by accident. That how I have gotten mine and I have had a few. Stay in the .510-.530 range and you will do well.
Monday, December 26, 2005 6:45 PM
I didn't know anyone still used the .500 tree.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Monday, December 26, 2005 7:51 PM
There are a few tracks the still don't use Auto-Start Systems, most have changed over to them though.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 5:46 PM
closet i got to a perfect light is .002 a few times too

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 3:26 PM
.500 tree is used for bracket racing which is what i do. they have the settings with the auto start to set it to a pro tree at the track though. in my opinion it takes more skill to do bracket racing than it does to do heads-up, plus for people like me that have little money it makes it a more fair racing. plus running 1/8 th mile you have less room for screw ups than you do in 1/4 mile racing.

Friday, December 30, 2005 6:17 PM
I've seen a lot more .500 trees than .400. Course I race bracket alot more than test & tune.
Sunday, January 01, 2006 11:03 AM
jbody78 wrote:I can't believe it, after a year of taking my basically stock cavi to the drag strip i finally won $150 bucks for second place, finally had a decent light but my leg came loose and i missed second gear and got my butt handed to me by a 69' Camaro SS. Boy did he blow by me after i missed second. i ran my slowest time of the night of 11.32 to his 7.65. but at least i finally treed someone, i had a .515 light to his .576. Lol one of these days i hope to cut the infamous .500 light, but the closest i have gotten so far is a red-light of .4989.
Uhh! excuse me for being senile but..... your not talking about about a 1/4 mile right? I'm sorry I'm from California and I've only been to tracks that time @ 1/4 mile runs.

OBJECTS ON MIRROR ARE FORDS AND HONDAS

Sunday, January 01, 2006 11:20 AM
^ if you have to ask.........

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search