2006 Solo2 Rules are out! - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2006 Solo2 Rules are out!
Friday, January 20, 2006 7:37 AM
http://scca.com/_filelibrary/File/2006_solo_rules.pdf[/URL]

Good news for STS:
transmission mounts
steering rack bushings
Interal baffling of oil pans may be added or modified.

Unfortunately the 2.2 ecotec is still in GS, suprising as the Acura RSX (non-s) was moved to HS.[URL=http://scca.com/_filelibrary/File/2006_solo_rules.pdf]

-Chris

Re: 2006 Solo2 Rules are out!
Friday, January 27, 2006 10:55 PM
RSX iin HS...NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm in HS with the 2200
i have enuff problems with those damn minis as is, i dont need RSX's now too
guess its time to move to FSP

Thursday, February 02, 2006 7:36 AM
I've always wondered, how can they tell if you have oil pan baffling or not? Or roller rockers or flywheels, or whatever? I don't condone cheating but how do they know? I'm just curious because the rules sometimes ban things that would require major engine disassembly to find. Like cylinder bore and piston material or cam lift or duration and things like that.

Opfer benotigt. Keine Erfahrung notwendig.

Victims needed. No experience necessary.
Thursday, February 02, 2006 8:42 AM
I don't know about the SCCA, but most local circle tracks would make the top X finshers pull their valve covers, drop there oil pansand/or remove the dust shield from their trans/bellhousing. Many tracks have guages for measuring cylinder displacement, (effective) compression ratio, and carbs. For bigger races, you have tear down the motors.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 10:25 AM
Johnathan (Der Schlafwanderer) wrote:I've always wondered, how can they tell if you have oil pan baffling or not? Or roller rockers or flywheels, or whatever? I don't condone cheating but how do they know? I'm just curious because the rules sometimes ban things that would require major engine disassembly to find. Like cylinder bore and piston material or cam lift or duration and things like that.

Regionally it's not a problem. But nationally after your runs you have to line up your car, open the hood and trunk , and allow inspection. If theres a protest filed against your car they can go as far as making you open up the engine.

Regionally there not going to worry. Most regions are a little less tight with rules for newcomers, but hold the rules strict for regulars, or mods that make a significant difference. In corvettes roller rockers between different years (can't remember the 2) can account for pretty decent gains in the neighborhood of 20hp.

-Chris

Thursday, February 02, 2006 11:33 AM
Interesting. I've never seen that kind of thing before, so I've always wondered. When I've been at the drag strip, all I've ever had to pass was tech, and for different classes where nitrous or turbos or awd or whatever is allowed or not, it was pretty easy to see who had what. I used to do dB Drags all the time, and I remember a few times where someone maybe said their stereo had X watts of power, and it was contested so they tore the entire system apart and tested every single component. It used to be pretty easy to modify an amp to make it produce more power. Some guys would take the guts from say a 500 watt amp and put it in a 250 watt amp that had the same physical size or something of that nature, I guess it's kind of the same thing with engines.

Ok, so let's say I did the roller rockers and flywheel and stuff like I was talking about in that post I had before, and I go to an event to just see what I am capable of, they're not going to make a big deal? I mean if I'm not trying to be competitive in the class it doesn't really matter what class I'm in, I just want to try something new. Drag racing, even bracket racing, gets old after a while especially when you know full well you're slower than the ten second Mustang next to you. I want a different challenge.

Opfer benotigt. Keine Erfahrung notwendig.

Victims needed. No experience necessary.
Thursday, February 02, 2006 5:28 PM
LiquidFireCavy (mdk) wrote:RSX iin HS...NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm in HS with the 2200
i have enuff problems with those damn minis as is, i dont need RSX's now too
guess its time to move to FSP

FSP has fewer competitors though. Consider that and your budget before you make the switch. You will absolutely need R compounds if you want to have any chance of doing well.

Saturday, February 04, 2006 3:04 PM
in my region i have about 10-12 ppl in HS each event, including the National Champ in HS with his Mini, in STS there are norm around 10-20 and in FSP we have maybe 4
so i think i'll take my chances, plus im out mostly for fun since i cant afford to make my car any faster right now, maybe a cat-back with my refund check, maybe

Saturday, February 04, 2006 6:59 PM
The national champ with the mini seems like a pretty cool guy, I've talked with him on northamaricanmotoring.com. That's also his daily driver if I recall.

-Chris

Sunday, February 05, 2006 1:14 AM
i think it is, most fo the minis are DDs, esp if they are in the stock class

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 9:17 PM
wait, so any and all ECOtecs are in the GS class?
i mean i just got to the STS class, and i have an 02 2.2 ECO, header, suspension and brakes. What class would that put me in? I'm confused !!!!!
At the last event, they told me that it's the STS, and looking at the rulebook, there was no mention of a cavalier..........

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav

Thursday, February 09, 2006 11:27 AM
You are in STS. If you were stock with just some shocks a cat-back and nothing else you would run in GS.

STS is any 4seat 4 seat belt vehicle not based on a sportscar platform and less than 3.1 litres naturally aspirated.

this allows for your coilovers, header, and "swiss cheese" intake(modified intake), and M3 mirrors(exterior appearence mod)

-Chris

Saturday, February 18, 2006 1:26 PM
I have no clue what to run in this year........ last time I went in SM because of the turbo.... but found out I could have been in another class....... I was horrible w/o race tires...... no clue what I'll be in this year........ built motor, lsd, flywheel....... no turbo this time..... modified suspension, bigger brakes...... maybe some tires even.....
'

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Sunday, February 19, 2006 12:52 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:I have no clue what to run in this year........ last time I went in SM because of the turbo.... but found out I could have been in another class....... I was horrible w/o race tires...... no clue what I'll be in this year........ built motor, lsd, flywheel....... no turbo this time..... modified suspension, bigger brakes...... maybe some tires even.....
'

Sounds like you'll still be in SM. As soon as you touch the heads or internals of the engine, off to SM you go. The bigger brakes would put you there too...

CACC BC Region - DSP
http:www.victoriamotorsports.ca
Sunday, February 19, 2006 6:21 PM
from what i understand, you can get better brakes, as long as they are the same size.
like i have my Brembos, that are the same size and ceramic pads, and they told, me i'm fine...........

wait for it... wait for it... NOW GO!! ---> '02 LS Sport <---
Yahoo IM : buzz122 AIM : buzz122cav
Monday, February 20, 2006 11:10 AM
damn...... back into SM it is then..... lol...... oh well, it wasnt like they were THAT much faster then me...... I just didnt look as controled as they did...... (which is true, cause I was ALL OVER the place)

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, February 23, 2006 11:10 AM
You know, I hate to say the obvious...however if you are going to compete in a sport, maybe you should take the time to read the rules.......

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search