goin tot he track tonight - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
goin tot he track tonight
Saturday, February 04, 2006 3:01 PM
whats up everyone .. tonight me and a bunch of friends r goin to the track .. last time i went i pulled a 16.4 .. i have a 01 sunfire with the 2200 4 speed auto .. header full catback exhaust.. motor mounts, weapon r intake , and B&M shift plus . this time i di some weight reduction .. not much but o well .. i took the passenger seat out and the carpet and spare tire and jack in the trunk .. so i'm alittle lighter i guess hopefull yi can pull another 16.4 ... we will see i will post times tommorow .. any quick tips on to go alittle faster?? my dad races also and he said a cup or ziplock bag of ic under the intake filter... any comments or help is appreciated..

Re: goin tot he track tonight
Sunday, February 05, 2006 8:42 AM
ok this sucks best run was 17.089 at 78 mph .... i need a new car .
Sunday, February 05, 2006 9:56 AM
^ ^ ^ ^ thats the funniest thing i herd in a while

Sunday, February 05, 2006 11:07 AM
lol ... its bad man i just have no more hopes for this car no more ... the only way to get more power nd better times is turbo or nitrous .. i'm considering each option ... we will see.. NO MORE BOLT ON'S!!!!!!!!!! i just might have the wrong engine and tranny combo all together to go performance any way..... i duno .. i'm bummed out .
Sunday, February 05, 2006 7:39 PM
yea i would go turbo thats what im doing u will love it just pretty costly though and next time u go to the track go when its like 40 outside

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 8:26 PM
16.4 was a respectable time for the mods you have.....

it takes more than bolt on's with a 2200 to get some go, as you have found out.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 9:59 PM
yeah, 16.4 isn't bad at all for a 2200 Automatic trans with bolt-ons... In fact, 17.0 is about normal for that setup... 16.4 is quite quick for your car... 2200's with automatic trans are pretty difficult to get anywhere without some serious power adders (turbo, super, nitrous).

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 6:56 AM
blade0604 wrote:ok this sucks best run was 17.089 at 78 mph .... i need a new car .

owned by the 2200.

and btw i think your trans is a 3 speed auto, i have the 4 speed in my 2.4

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 7:11 AM
Sunfires always had the 4 speed auto with the 2.2 and the 2.4 my sis has a 96 2.2 auto fire with a 4 speed

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 7:35 AM
they make the 2200's with 4 speeds? i didnt know that or have never seen one, all ones ive seen was 3 speeds

Wednesday, February 08, 2006 6:00 PM
Sunfires and LSs had the 4 sp.

Blade 0604, Your best bet, is boost or nitrous. They are best way to make any significant power.
As far as the tranny is concerned, try a torque converter, about a 2800 rpm stall. After that would be a LSD.
On the track those 18"s are killing you. Try a pair of 15" X 7" steelies and a pair of 225/50R-15 for the front. They are about 1" smaller diameter, giving you effectivly a little more gear and will weigh less. Steelies for the cheap way out, or a set of 15"X7" light weight aluminum rims if you want to spend a little more. As for the tire, the stickier the better,BF Goodrich makes the Drag T/A in that size.

Just a few tips, I think will help.

Sunday, February 12, 2006 2:25 PM
i'm bout to buy a j tuners turbo kit .. we will see what happens
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search