predictions for my 1/4 mile after my parts. - Page 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: predictions for my 1/4 mile after my parts.
Sunday, January 08, 2006 2:55 PM
jsunfireGT2000 wrote:i disagree with the gm charger being a baby blower. whats a "big boy" blower then? i hope to god its not one of the rsm kits. what you think im expecting JUST the charger to bring me into 12 range? no way man. i see that the fastest boosted 2.4 auto known on here is like a 13.64, im basically trying to beat that which hopefully i will. hell, ill be happy with a very low 13. If my tranny goes its no prob because i have another 40t40e sitting in my shop so the tranny isnt concerning me at all right now til it goes. im also waiting for hp tuners to finally release their 4 cylinder software so i can get my localshop to do a good tune on my car and help me out even more. im not expecting this low 13 or whatever til summer because after the rebuild i wont have much cash to upgrade the boost to 10psi with all the other goodies. we'll see what happens.

No matter what you do to you motor, what headwork, what cams, what exhaust you have, that M45 is only going to be able to flow enough air to make about 220whp max. Then you can add nitrous on top of it for more power, but with only a 55 shot you're not goin to be any faster than mid 13's, even on a good day.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 3:41 PM
i dont beleive im gonna only hit mid 13's after my rebuild and by 10psi boost upgrade with the nitrous. 55 shot is where im starting and im getting msd dis II ignition as well to run up to a possible 75 shot.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 4:45 PM
Also, with good headwork and the correct cams there is no way that M45 will be able to produce 10 psi.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile

Sunday, January 08, 2006 4:58 PM
so your saying with the 2.5" pulley, injectors, alky injection and 255 fuel pump it cant hit 10 psi? bullsh!t cause people on here have done it.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 5:03 PM
Boost pressure is only a measure of resistance of air being pushed into the motor over how much air the motor can normally take in. If you have good head work and the right cams, the motor will be able to take in a lot more air than it could before, and with the supercharger flowing the same cfm, there will be less boost pressure.

Know what you are talking about before you call bull@!#$ on me.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile

Sunday, January 08, 2006 7:42 PM
your just offended cause in another post i predicted i was gonna beat your 13.64 time with my 2.4 boosted auto. we will see what happens.

and for your information, here is a guy that has basically the same boost setup and head work done i plan to get and hes running 10.5 psi on his gm supercharger with the 2.6" pulley.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 7:51 PM
my bad, heres the link http://www.cardomain.com/ride/700791

Sunday, January 08, 2006 9:12 PM
BOOSTED wrote:your just offended cause in another post i predicted i was gonna beat your 13.64 time with my 2.4 boosted auto. we will see what happens.

and for your information, here is a guy that has basically the same boost setup and head work done i plan to get and hes running 10.5 psi on his gm supercharger with the 2.6" pulley.

Actually, Skilz is 100% right.

It's a really simple concept... sit down and think about it and it will make complete sense.

I don't think He is jealous in any way shape or form. His car is setup to completely outperform yours.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Sunday, January 08, 2006 9:35 PM
SunfighterGT wrote:
BOOSTED wrote:your just offended cause in another post i predicted i was gonna beat your 13.64 time with my 2.4 boosted auto. we will see what happens.

It's a really simple concept... sit down and think about it and it will make complete sense.

I don't think He is jealous in any way shape or form. His car is setup to completely outperform yours.

-Chris-

the only advantage he may have over me is the turbo, im talking about my car being a gm boosted 2.4 automatic. ill basically have the same sh!t done to my car as him, pistons, rods, head and block work and all except he has a turbo which can produce alot more power than my gm charger. thats the only differance i see.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 10:00 PM
BOOSTED wrote:
SunfighterGT wrote:

-Chris-

the only advantage he may have over me is the turbo, im talking about my car being a gm boosted 2.4 automatic. ill basically have the same sh!t done to my car as him, pistons, rods, head and block work and all except he has a turbo which can produce alot more power than my gm charger. thats the only differance i see.

Exactly my point.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Monday, January 09, 2006 1:51 AM
back to why im argue'n with him.....the gm charger can hit 10 psi as seen from people on JBO and the car domain link i posted in a few posts up and what if i run my car and hit a 13.50 for example. you gonna wine and complain cause you were wrong? i dont even care anymore, no offense to you turbo guys but some of you need to not act like you own all the gm chargers, i personally have the gm supercharger because of my automatic. personal preferance is all it is, i could care less what you ladies say because i will be in the 13's and thats still pretty damn good to me.

Monday, January 09, 2006 1:04 PM

LOL! I could care less if you beat my 13.6, i ran that on 5.5 psi on 18" wheels and completely untuned. My turbo isn't even into its efficiency range until i get above 10 psi. I was stuck at low boost due to tuning issues (E Manage will not work with a 98 PCM) that i could not figure out at the time. That was the absolute lowest boost i could run, i only ran it at the track cuz my car club was holding our monthly meeting there that day and i was curious to see what it was capable of on low boost. Beat my 13.6 all you want, i plan to kill it.

As for the 10.5 psi, you seem to be missing my point! Yes, with the M45 you can hit 10-11 psi on a 2.4, but not on one with good head work and the right cams. I personally know two people (yes personally, not random guys off the internet making claims) with the GM s/c kit using a 2.5 pulley. One guy has headwork and Miller Performance cams, the other guy has a stock head and stock cams. The motor with the stock head and cams can produce about 10 psi but the motor with head work and cams can only produce about 5 psi. Running the same cfm at a lower boost pressure will actually make the blower more efficient and free up some hp from there being less drag on the blower because it doesn't have to compress the air as much.

Here is some addition information about your supercharger.

A 2.5 pulley is spinning the rotors @ 16,000 rpm @ 6200 rpm on the motor. That is MAX. according to Eaton. This also takes it well out of its efficiency range and is near the point of damaging it. Eaton's maps only go up to 14,000 rpm....

Some maps for you to look at...

Flow Map - How much cfm the blower puts out at a specific rpm at a specific psi.

Power consupmtion Map - How much hp it takes to spin the blower a specific rpm at a specific psi.

Enjoy!

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile

Monday, January 09, 2006 1:07 PM
BOOSTED wrote:
SunfighterGT wrote:

-Chris-

Just the fact that i have a turbo is hardly the only advantage my motor has over yours but you can thing that if you want.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile

Monday, January 09, 2006 1:13 PM
BOOSTED wrote:back to why im argue'n with him.....the gm charger can hit 10 psi as seen from people on JBO and the car domain link i posted in a few posts up and what if i run my car and hit a 13.50 for example. you gonna wine and complain cause you were wrong? i dont even care anymore, no offense to you turbo guys but some of you need to not act like you own all the gm chargers, i personally have the gm supercharger because of my automatic. personal preferance is all it is, i could care less what you ladies say because i will be in the 13's and thats still pretty damn good to me.

Why would i wine and complain if you hit 13.5??? I said in my first post in this thread that you'd most likely hit mid 13's so how would that make me wrong??? You act like i'm out to get you and i'm not. You made a post asking what people thought you car would do after the mods you listed, i answered it, deal with it.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile

Monday, January 09, 2006 4:49 PM
damn school is in session.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Monday, January 09, 2006 5:46 PM
back in session.

A guy i talk to with the gm s/c , 2.5 pulley( seeing 10+psi), ported s/c, ported the head, seceret cams, water injection, 62mm t/b, full exhuast ,320cc injectors, FMU, walbro pump.

he went 13.2 in the 1/4 mile on the stock clutch.

that was on a 5 spd.
automatic gm s/c- that is going to take nitrous to get well into the 13s sadly .

jake sits back in his desk.

as a avid GM s/c guy, i agree with jeremey 100% though. You have to realize what the blower is able to produce and how hard of work you have to do to get power outta it. Alot of people with it dont realize that .
Turbo is faster, but everyone has their different routes they choose and goals. ME- 5 psi and reliable and no tinkering around. I am thrilled with my car and the bolt on's to tell you the truth for being a cav and doing all/most the work myself and that it still runs great and fairly quick for what it is.

(Just ride around in a turbo car pushing some high Hp #"S and you will realize how weaksause the gm s/c is. Like how i did riding around in my bro's heavly modded 91 dsm trying to hold his labtop while watching the Screen with DSM link on it and his PTE6031(rated up to 580hp) turbo pushing 20+psi.. weeee )

Saturday, February 04, 2006 3:30 PM
wow, saying bull@!#$ to skillz takes balls. the guy knows what hes talkin about. i think with the 55 shot and ur head and crap u would pull a mid 13. thats awesome for an auto sunfire on the gm charger!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/StylezTA
Saturday, February 04, 2006 4:12 PM
i think mid 12's, just from my calculations, but when you are done, please post a vid of it running the quarter, i think we all are curious what it will do, and good job on your car, its very nice.

Saturday, February 04, 2006 5:54 PM
back reading this post again.

not being a dick, but guys like you BOOSTED give the gm s/c a bad name. jeremey knows what is up, he has close ties with todd miller who knows it all and built up jemereys motor. i have seen todds oil pans at my buddys house( 2 of them) and for what he done to them and the price, man that is a good deal.

basically i get outta this that you are gunning for a 13.5 to beat jeremey's ride un tuned on 5 psi. doesnt running 13' un tuned on 5 psi mean anything? my lord that engine isnt even working hard yet. that goes to show the quality and knowledge that is under that hood and you should realize that.

your gm s/c;d car and nitrous will be maxed out. sucks ya, but you have to realize what this s/c can do and its limatations, and i am afraid you dont.

Monday, February 06, 2006 11:45 AM
how is my gm charged car gonna be maxed out with the nitrous and charger? my engines in the machine shop as we speak getting a full rebuild as well as a built head and the 2.3 oil pump swap. ill have bascially everything (internalwise) Skilz has done except a few things which is the turbo obviously. he CAN make more power than me but in a couple posts up saying my car will only be good for mid 13's is totally false. i condone him on doing mid 13's (good job) untuned on such low boost but remember, i havent tuned a lick of my engine since the gm charger reflash, no apexi SAFC, no wideband, nothing.

littlejohn1
Monday, February 06, 2006 11:48 AM
^^^^ BOOSTED posting under my fathers SN on accident, sorry guys

littlejohn1

Monday, February 06, 2006 12:40 PM
john miller wrote:how is my gm charged car gonna be maxed out with the nitrous and charger? my engines in the machine shop as we speak getting a full rebuild as well as a built head and the 2.3 oil pump swap. ill have bascially everything (internalwise) Skilz has done except a few things which is the turbo obviously. he CAN make more power than me but in a couple posts up saying my car will only be good for mid 13's is totally false. i condone him on doing mid 13's (good job) untuned on such low boost but remember, i havent tuned a lick of my engine since the gm charger reflash, no apexi SAFC, no wideband, nothing.

Like i already said, build the motor, tune it all you want, use whatever pulley you want but that blower is only able to flow enough air to make about 220hp max. Then add your 50 shot and you'll be right around 260whp. With those facts in mind, being that you'll be making roughly the same hp as i was when i ran a mid 13 means you'll most likely pull a mid 13 as well, give or take a couple tenths. It is as simple as that.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile

Monday, February 06, 2006 12:45 PM
yes i know the blow is only able to produce 220 max and thats on 10psi or about w/e alky injection BUT im saying the 50 shot at least plus the 2.3 oil pump conversion and the cams and the port and polished head has to give some power as well. the cams i got specifically for the gm charger from JBO which ground them from blanks.

Monday, February 06, 2006 12:58 PM
not sure, fastest gm s/c time i know of is 13.1 with a 70shot of nitrous @270some whp. that was andy's car. lots of stock parts. havent heard from him in a while.
2nd fastest that i know of is a 13.2 with cams and head work done. that is the guys cardomain site that is listed.

maybe with the motor built up it could handle more, but if i were going to that much work on the engine i wouldnt be supercharged.

i dunno, prove us wrong then i guess Boosted.

Monday, February 06, 2006 1:12 PM
i could also see what the gm charger gets me 1/4 mile wise and then swap it off and put a turbo on it, no big deal really. wont hurt to try.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search