First slips this weekend - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
First slips this weekend
Friday, February 10, 2006 12:09 PM
Well it will be my very first time running my car this weekend. Any tips? I would love any help from some of you veteran draggers..

Re: First slips this weekend
Friday, February 10, 2006 1:40 PM
weight reduction. take out your seats, spare tire and jack and whatever else.
play with your tire pressure some. also work on your launch.
practice makes perfect

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, February 10, 2006 1:55 PM
Don't worry about the R/T, it won't hurt your 1/4 time. You may lose the race if its bracket racing but you will have a little more time to settle down and nail your launch. Just don't drop the clutch either, find an rpm that works for you without spinning much or bogging. If it wheel hop's, let off. Goodluck and have fun!

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Friday, February 10, 2006 4:20 PM
As stated practice, adjust tire pressure. Also you need to find what works better for you (dumping the clutch, or slipping the clutch). Personally dumping works best for me, and is less wear on the clutch.
Friday, February 10, 2006 7:33 PM
i also dump the clutch around 2500RPM i get 2.1 - 2.2 60's consistantly

i shift red line first and 2nd then to go to 4th i shift at 6000 i find i go faster

Thursday, February 16, 2006 4:14 PM
is it best to reduce the pressure in the fronts, and inflate the rears more?
Thursday, February 16, 2006 4:21 PM
yup

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, February 17, 2006 1:57 PM
Don't drop the fronts to much if they are normal street tires, stay above 25psi atleast.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier
Monday, February 20, 2006 7:08 PM
Help me out here do you think that because one of my tire pressures of some 14" drags was 12psi that would hurt my time for some reason one tire had 12psi and the other 18psi. You can see what i did this weekend. My highest MPH was not on my best run

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 6:25 AM
Typically the lower tire pressure will be better for launching, while a higher pressure will help the top speed. With a lower pressure you get more traction at the expece of more rolling resistance, resulting in a quiker launch. With higher pressures, you get less traction and less rolling resistance so you end up with higher trap speeds. Its a matter of finding the balance in pressure that will result in the fastest ET. This all depends on the engine, transmission, gearing, weight, chasis and driving techique.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006 4:04 PM
So what did you run? lol

RE Audio

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search