stock eco - Page 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: stock eco
Sunday, March 26, 2006 7:18 AM
^ True!!! I had a R/T of 0.918 when I did my 15.1

Sunday, March 26, 2006 7:19 AM
for those who don't know it's 0.500 for a perfect reaction time!!!

Sunday, March 26, 2006 8:39 AM
Da Ghost (Qc) wrote:for those who don't know it's 0.500 for a perfect reaction time!!!

yeah. if you are at a track that does a .50 tree

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, March 26, 2006 6:17 PM
I ran a 15.9 in my 2003 sunfire when i had it. It was auto.

Monday, March 27, 2006 7:50 AM
15.3 isn't exactly aiming high for 1/8 mile times. In fact I'm pretty sure I can do that on foot.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, March 27, 2006 2:55 PM
i must be doing something wrong as well cause with all the mods in my reg. and with the balance shafts still in i only ran a 15.8 at best but my 60' times suck

The one, the only, ME.
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:30 PM
Hey 04eco,

did you notice a better gain when you added the pace setter 4-1 header, cat, and the engine mounts? I think I will get those first before I get the gm s/c.

I am not sure what to do about launching either since I have an auto. I though about holding the brake and gas at the same time to try to get a launch but I havent tried that yet. I notice the I have no acc in the higher gears. that is why I think a new header and cat would be a good thing to do.

Did you have to do a lot of cutting, adjusting and welding to install the pacesetter header and the catco cat?

thanks

"Smoked"
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:53 PM
it should help a little on top cause yes 3rd gear is a dog in the autos and about installing the header i redid my entire exhaust all at the same time with 2.25 piping all the way and it was easy

The one, the only, ME.
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 8:44 AM
bdubs wrote:Hey 04eco,
I am not sure what to do about launching either since I have an auto. I though about holding the brake and gas at the same time to try to get a launch but I havent tried that yet.
thanks

thats what i do hold it at a steady 2500 rpm and youll get a good launch

Monday, April 03, 2006 5:35 PM
i do that to except mine will go to 2900 rpms and just cant get past 2.3 60' doesnt matter the tire pressure either

The one, the only, ME.
Monday, April 03, 2006 10:01 PM
hey dario how aer those stage 3 cams treatin ya....any difference in performance or a big drop in gas mileage?

Saturday, April 08, 2006 1:01 PM
my stock with an aem cai ran a 15.6 with the inercepter on it you can loose up to .3 seconds so im saying a 15.3 with 2 12's in the back.... oh and my fat ass...
Saturday, April 08, 2006 7:17 PM
^^^^^^ and where are you located? what are your 60' times like?

The one, the only, ME. ,

F$%K ILLSTREET.COM
Sunday, April 09, 2006 4:02 PM
that was in jersey i moved down to GA now.. but i dunno about the 60' it was late 2005 so i lost my slip.
Thursday, April 13, 2006 6:08 PM
When I didn't launch I was getting 60' times around 2.3 so I wonder how much more that will actually get, I never peeled when i just gunned it. I know that I will get some wheel peel if I hold brake and gas at 2500.

"Smoked"
Tuesday, April 18, 2006 9:40 PM
i have a stock 03 cavalier ls with just an aem cai. my best time tonight was a 16.4. (timeslip in profile + other 3 from tonight)

not impressed at all, but thats with 2 12s, spare/jack, crappy pep boys tires and a 200 pound driver.

the best part though was beating my best friend in his 92 integra. he has intake, header, exhaust, msd ignition, skunk2 intake manifold, aem fuel rail and regulator, 5 speed with a b&m short throw, coilovers, and better tires....needless to say he was a little pissed when he lost to a "fat chick car"
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 5:58 AM
no need to be pissed off just means there is room for improvement

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search