cam 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cam 2
Monday, February 27, 2006 9:52 AM
Is it ok for the fuel system to use cam 2. i have it around my area and i wanted to put some in my car for a little more power on them sat nights.

DRIVE HARD OR DONT DRIVE AT ALL!!!

Re: cam 2
Monday, February 27, 2006 10:18 AM
Cam 2 is only needed if you have lots of compression. Otherwise your just throwing your money away cause the car can't burn it anyway. And running an octaine that high
and being half the fuel wont be burned means you could hurt your cat.

Bottom line is you just don't need it.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, February 27, 2006 11:09 AM
well actually it would help cause if u had looked im turbocharged. 14psi. so yes i have alot of cylinder pressure. and have no cat.

Monday, February 27, 2006 11:19 AM
since you are tubocharged. i dont see why not

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, February 27, 2006 11:23 AM
Its just it seams a little ify to me cause arent cars now a days made for unleaded only? just want to make sure i wont mess ne thing up.

Monday, February 27, 2006 11:26 AM
Sorry I didn't look didn't know you were boosted either. Yes it will help thats for sure
BUT be careful ! I meled the heads on my turbo Trans-Am running Cam 2 and 20 psi of boost years ago. It won't knock it won't ping and it will haul ass! But at the same time
you will make tons of heat !

Just be careful and have fun.

Monday, February 27, 2006 11:31 AM
thanx. srry jackalope for soundin like an a__. Im off to work now. peace

Monday, February 27, 2006 11:36 AM
No big. I TRY not to take things the "wrong way" around here till I'm sure the person is an ass. With you I still wasn't sure

JK ! Like I said just be careful.

Monday, February 27, 2006 12:55 PM
Do guys have a picture or can you explain to me what Cam 2 is? Just trying to learn something new for the day.

~Boost. Its what's for dinner!~

Monday, February 27, 2006 1:05 PM
Race fuel.

Monday, February 27, 2006 1:47 PM
I think cam 2 is about 110 octane, Be careful tho some peoples o2 sensors don't last very long with it.

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier

Monday, February 27, 2006 2:04 PM
Clarification time. Cam 2 comes in many different wonderful colors and octaine rateings as well. The colors go according to the octaine rateing ( been too long I don't remember what they = anymore ) Anyway Cam 2 ( again from what I can remember ) starts at 100 octaine unleaded and goes up to 115 or 120 octaine unleaded before it switches to leaded only. BUT you can get the leaded versoin all the way down to the 100

Monday, February 27, 2006 7:29 PM
yea the station around here is 110 leaded. 1 q though which would give better hp 110 leaded or 110 unleaded. im leaning towards leaded cause if i can remember right doesnt leaded fuel rais the compression a little. correct me if im wrong.

Monday, February 27, 2006 7:33 PM
Just make sure you run the unleaded, or you'll need an O2 sensor.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 10:55 AM
Leaded will KILL your O2 sensor and act like cement in your cat and clog it shut ! Stick to unleaded.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search