cracked windshield fail tech? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cracked windshield fail tech?
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:07 AM
I'm just curious, because I've never tried, but I was wondering if a cracked windshield would keep a car from passing tech inspections if the crack wasn't in the line of sight., like across the top of the window. I've been thinking about taking my Cavy to the track just for giggles and I have a cracked windshield. They're sort of expensive to replace.

Opfer benotigt. Keine Erfahrung notwendig.

Victims needed. No experience necessary.

Re: cracked windshield fail tech?
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:09 AM
YUP that won't pass tech.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:16 AM
Figures. I've never even tried and dind't know anyone that has but some of the tracks I've been to in the past, it's amazing what they'd let people get away with.

Opfer benotigt. Keine Erfahrung notwendig.

Victims needed. No experience necessary.
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:26 AM
Well some things you can this is one of those that the only way your getting in is if they miss it or you get a new windshield. Sorry.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:46 AM
I've failed tech for rock chips in my windshield that had not cracked or spoder-web'd yet, so yeah a crack will also fail

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 12:03 PM
Depending on the track, you can prolly get through with out any issues.

My sunfire had a cracked windshield do to the hood flying open and cracking it in several different places.... none of the tracks cared much about it....

Now, I am sure if its a major event... then yes, they will care and not let you race....

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:02 PM
Yes definatly wont get away with it at a larger event but if its just like a test and tune you might be able to slide by good luck though

Saturday, March 11, 2006 9:18 AM
i've been to cecil a few times and never even recieved a tech inspection, but that was on friday nights

2007 GM Tuner Bash...HELL YEA
PA,MD,NJ,DE,NY and all states north caravan
Saturday, March 11, 2006 1:23 PM
Johnathan (Der Schlafwanderer) wrote:I'm just curious, because I've never tried, but I was wondering if a cracked windshield would keep a car from passing tech inspections if the crack wasn't in the line of sight., like across the top of the window. I've been thinking about taking my Cavy to the track just for giggles and I have a cracked windshield. They're sort of expensive to replace.

the crack cant be in the critical part of the windsheild (the entire area of a windsheild wiper stroke.) and can definitely be in the acute area of the windshield(5.5'' by 8.5'' area on drivers side of the critical part of the windsheild)...if it does either of that it wont pass an inspect technically.

MY 2003 SUNFIRE 15.63@87.86mph

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
money unless their blown or bottle fed.GM is still smokin crack!"
~1QWKZ24
www.streetracing.org, 08/2001
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search