Can a cavalier beat a camaro? - Page 3 - Racing Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: Can a cavalier beat a camaro?
Monday, January 02, 2006 11:57 PM
well i'm lazy and i didnt read every post but......
i noticed you are all talking about on the drag strip, but......
the answer is YES!!
in auto-x
my friend has a 01 z28 with the ls1 and i have my 00 2200 cav, both stock and i beat him on almost every run, i was also beating vettes, it all depends on the driver
then again, i got my arse handed to me by a mini cooper, so it goes to show, bigger engine doesnt always mean better or faster

Thursday, January 05, 2006 4:56 PM
Thomas Martinez wrote:Today at the drag stip my cavalier got smoked by a camaro, but I sure did beat the heck out of a honda! Does anyone think NOS would make a difference?

What would it take to beat a camaro V8?

I heard stickers add 50 horsepower
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 12:43 PM
As a owner of the lame duck 190hp IROCZ, i can tell you that my 00z24 is hella faster. No numbers, but I will say the camaro does a much better burnout!

Thursday, January 12, 2006 9:53 AM
ok i love camaros i want one so bad. but a cavy can beat one. gm has got the ecotec to 1400 hp + i heard, running 9s or 8s. so it could happen. and N20, (i am lazy) alone could beat a camaro. a 300 shot. the camaro wouldn't stand a chance................... for about 5 sec. but it would be fun to do to a rental car. wouldn't it. and the blow the welds off the intake,gezz. if you qutoe a movie make sure it makes sense. the stock ecotec manifold are platic on the j's. duh lol. somebody should try that. rent a car get the extra $15 insursence install a 300 shot system found a ricer then push the button untill the pistons melt, the sparks dent the hood or the crank looks like a crewed up straw

Sunday, January 15, 2006 12:30 PM
Lee wrote:
SpeedRacerZ wrote:I can beat camaros........

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, January 21, 2006 4:08 PM
RAKSJ04 wrote:gm has got the ecotec to 1400 hp + i heard, running 9s or 8s. .

I am pretty sure I read an article about an all motor LS1 in the 7's. There are many boosted LS1's in the 6's. Have to get rid of that damn 6 speed for an automatic, though.

--------------
Yea, ummmm. I used to have a J-body...
Sunday, January 22, 2006 7:19 PM
i can beat a camaro....i just run into them then go!
Sunday, January 22, 2006 7:21 PM
ok here, lets get serious, YOU CAN beat camaro's however anyone thats sinking the kind of cash into their engines that we the jbody folk are will win hands down, however there are a few cavaliers on here that will give a 383 LS1 a run for its money and a few that could actually win, so no its not all that unrealistic for a jbody to out run a stock to lightly modded camaro PROVIDING you have the correct mods done.

i have beat a few foxbody mustangs with my stock 00 Cavalier, and personally its mainly all in the driving, not saying i'm some superstar but it helps LOTS to have "track time" and lots of it....

as for camaro's i've gone up against the odd one or two, have beat one and have lost to many but thats not bad for a STOCK Z24... cant wait till i get it all back together this year will some more "jam"

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 1:39 AM
Bluecavi wrote:
deltron3030 wrote:
Quote:

my sunbird beat a 86 z28 pretty nice when it was stock with an intake
congratulations those are high 15 sec cars with a 305 tpi or 16 sec cars with a 305 4 barrel

and low 15sec cars with the fuel injected 350. Moron.....

Lets not catch feelings over it.

It was a 305 but fuel injected with a 400R auto, my car was an auto when it was stock as well and that tranny I don't think was good for anything but a very high 15 is 15s at all.

As of right now I can beat SS's and all that jazz easy but I have thousands dumped into the little turbo motor and I wouldn't expect a stock car to beat me unless it was very expensive.

Cardomain|Myspace

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 1:17 AM
I have a 2000Z28 with a 6 speed. It runs 13.50's in the 1/4 and that is considered slow by most that have LS1's because they are running low 13's. My clutch is bad and is hurting my times somewhat I'm sure.

2004 Pontiac Sunfire, stock for now
2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
2000 Z28 Camaro, fully loaded, Ran 13.58@105 with bad clutch
1998 Ford F150
1957 Chevy 2dr.post, 350 4speed, ran a 15.52@90
Wednesday, February 08, 2006 6:21 PM
experience has a HELL of a lot do with it... i know this is ridiculous but i beat a tourist with a '00ish z28 in my town... wasn't exactly legal... but i did... i hate tourists...

Sunday, February 26, 2006 5:52 PM
anyone can beat a camaro in a cav ..it just depends on what stock motor the camaro has there was the inline 4 cyl, The 2.8l 6 cyl, 305 8cyl and the 350 these came with carb fuel enject, auto with overdrive 5-speed 6-speed trans -am had ram air in 89' there was a package that included a 3.8l turbo grand nas motor from the factory I was a f-body fan for years and owned 2 camaros one with a stock 305 and was took by a cav 2.8l with a charger and was smoked ! the next cam was a 350 bored out and upgraded i never had a prob with cav's after that 84 gm had the fuel injected "crossfire" motor which was crap any cav running on three cyl could blow by it in reverse......stock to stock in 5-speed i think the cam 86' and up 305 would win 85' to 82' would lose or tie

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/4235/jim25ek.jpg
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 5:45 PM
keep dreaming man my 89 firebird same thing as a camero same drivetrain and suspension packages and for a fact it will smoke and little four banger off the road,and it u do its cause its still at the line ripping the tires to shreads,its has mild engine work and its a 305 i ripped a 78 stingray down the track,not braggin but if u want to beat one get something with some nuts man,
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 9:09 PM
Camaros suck. I'll prove it. Bring me a camaro this summer - race Sweetness... and if you beat me to the end of the track AND BEAT ME THROUGH THE TURN back up the return road to the ticket booth... you win.

Oh - and we're talking stock motor - no swaps. I don't care if you modded the piss out of it but it has to be a numbers matching motor.

I'll be staging again while they dig that 3500 lb boat out of the bushes on its roof.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 11:58 AM
Quinton Sherritt wrote:keep dreaming man my 89 firebird same thing as a camero same drivetrain and suspension packages and for a fact it will smoke and little four banger off the road,and it u do its cause its still at the line ripping the tires to shreads,its has mild engine work and its a 305 i ripped a 78 stingray down the track,not braggin but if u want to beat one get something with some nuts man,

See everybody? Thats proof, a cavalier can never beat a camaro!

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:50 PM
SunfighterGT wrote:Camaros suck. I'll prove it. Bring me a camaro this summer - race Sweetness... and if you beat me to the end of the track AND BEAT ME THROUGH THE TURN back up the return road to the ticket booth... you win.

Oh - and we're talking stock motor - no swaps. I don't care if you modded the piss out of it but it has to be a numbers matching motor.

I'll be staging again while they dig that 3500 lb boat out of the bushes on its roof.

-Chris-

Not to be an ass but I think later Gen Camaros handle better than J's. The later gen also weights in at about 4200 stock if we are looking at a loaded model.

Early gen camaros we are looking at about 3200 lbs.

Just out of interest what have you got for a diff? Does it hold that kind of power?

--------------
Yea, ummmm. I used to have a J-body...
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 11:08 PM
Quote:

Not to be an ass but I think later Gen Camaros handle better than J's. The later gen also weights in at about 4200 stock if we are looking at a loaded model.

My camaro handles way better then my cavalier. I drove both and it very noticable. My camaro weighs in around 3500lbs. Its fully loaded except for leather and ground effects.

2003 Sunfire
2000 Z-24 K&N Filtercharger
2001 Z28 Camaro: Kooks Longtube headers,
Magnoflow Catted Y pipe,
Loudmouth Exaust,Ultra Z Hood with Ram air kit,
SLP Air Lid with K&N filter,
SLP MAF & Bellows,17"Firehawk Wheels
Sunday, March 05, 2006 10:25 PM
First concentrate on the V6 camaros, and then you can go after the V8's.

1995 Chevy camaro

www.cardomain.com/id/93camaro_zzz
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search