Light-weight flywheel and drag strip..... - Page 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Light-weight flywheel and drag strip.....
Thursday, March 09, 2006 1:05 PM
how is it for daily driving ? Have you been in traffic with your car yet ?

15.574 @ 89 mph stock

Thursday, March 09, 2006 1:56 PM
I have the SPEC aluminum flywheel and SPEC stage 2 clutch and i love it. Definately better response but the revs dont drop noticably faster then stock. My local track doesnt open until April so i havent been able to see the track improvements. Street launching is difficult but it was on the stock clutch too. I would call launching with a new flywheel/clutch different, not really harder just different from stock. This is my first manual car and i have had the new clutch/flywheel longer then the stock one so that could be part of it. That i have just gotten used to this type/feel. Hope that helped, my 2 cents.

Shawn M.

PSN ID: Phatchance249

Thursday, March 09, 2006 6:10 PM
DanteMustDie wrote:how is it for daily driving ? Have you been in traffic with your car yet ?

I have

the flywheel doesn't really matter, but the clutch does get grabby when it heats up

which translates into the annoying bucking

there's two ways to combat this:

1) don't slip the clutch too long. Even if you're good at stick, this gets tricky.

2) rev higher. As annoying as it may come to other people, higher rpms won't let the clutch bite as hard even if it gets grabby

you have to relearn to drive an upgraded clutch. The SPEC feels just like my pedal did stock, but the engagement point is a bit higher, and from initial bite to all the way out is much shorter than before.

I love it frankly. It owns at the strip, and with some careful re-learning (and a little practice) its compeltely streetable.

After this I'm going to try an un-sprung hub and see how those things are.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search