QUARTER MILE TIMES Z24 - Racing Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
QUARTER MILE TIMES Z24
Sunday, March 12, 2006 11:20 PM
Hey so I have read a lot of these postings but I am wondering what peoples Z24's stock run for quarter mile? I have a 2001 and am want to know what I should be expecting, also I still havent figured out what is the best way to work the clutch and everything when taking off. Sometimes just dumping the clutch works better then feathering it a bit.
Im new sooo dont make fun of me to much and I hope this hasnt been posted somewhere already if so IM SORRY just give me a link or something

Re: QUARTER MILE TIMES Z24
Monday, March 13, 2006 4:41 AM
Mid to low 15's and feathering the clutch has always worked better for me, but if your new to racing I wouldnt go in expecting times like that. I would expect about a low 16 high 15 for a racing newbie.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Monday, March 13, 2006 5:03 AM
practice makes perfect

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, March 13, 2006 7:55 PM
cone filter and solid mounts mine ran a 15.4....so figure for maybe a 15.6 stock

thats for an automatic though

2007 GM Tuner Bash...HELL YEA
PA,MD,NJ,DE,NY and all states north caravan
Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:38 AM
So there you have it. Now get out to a track... run some mid-16's... and come back with the slip asking us how you can improve it.

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search