Ecotec VS MY 2nd gen - Racing Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Ecotec VS MY 2nd gen
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 1:32 PM
A friend of a friend has a 03 5 speed ecotec, stock. My 3.1L 5 speed is pretty much stock also. Near by are the fair grounds, there is a straight over a half mile that everybody uses to play around on. This is not street racing, and cops know 100% of it. Its to keep the street racing from happening and has worked very well. At any rate 3 launches and I got em everytime, all the way to 90mph. I had one bad launch out of it and he was even with me. I just thought it was pretty good for a pretty tired 3.1L car. I just assumed with close to the same HP, and my slightly better torque he'd still get me.

P0234- Only Code worth ever coming up on ur Scanner

www.sounddomain.com/id/935speedrs

Re: Ecotec VS MY 2nd gen
Wednesday, March 22, 2006 3:04 PM
Umm... so?

I understand that it's not street racing but it still doesn't belong here. WIthout the numbers to back up the runs, there's no way of knowing whether your car is nice and fast or the other guy just couldn't drive or what.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 8:30 PM
Ummmm i was just stating that a the ecotec does really good and its a small 4 cylinder engine. This wasn't about numbers it was about a stock for stock pull. Both launches are both our parts were excellent.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 9:21 PM

15.149 @ 91.26mph 3-18-2006
Thursday, March 23, 2006 5:47 AM
switch cars... then see if its the same

-Chris

Thursday, March 23, 2006 6:36 AM
see weasel, you're gonna regret not having locked this one from the start its only gonna go downhill from here............

to the original poster, how do you KNOW both launches were "excellent"? Because without any quantitative evidence in the form of a 60' time on a timeslip, i fail to see how you could know that.... And yeah, i can guarantee you that your buddy can't drive because a stock ecotec should be able to hand a stock 3.1 its ass. Check out the N/A ecotecs in the honor roll, all of them are in the 14's and most of them, with the exception of Ben wenzel, have nothing more than simple bolt ons. I've been watching V6Z24 and the second gen forum a long time, i've yet to see a 3.1 come anywhere close to 14's...

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Thursday, March 23, 2006 6:49 AM
^ ^ ^ Yup bobsled to hell !

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 9:20 AM
Thursday, March 23, 2006 9:56 AM
Yup! Jamacain bobsled straight to hell.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, March 23, 2006 10:40 AM
As in "excellent" i mean minimal tire spin, and not allot of slipping of the clutch. I stated the post all together just because of the reason I KNOW an ecotec can beat on a pretty much stock 3.1L. We will have to try the reverse thing some time, i too would be interested to see. For mods, all I have is a WAI, Chip and Dynomax muffler, orginally a 2.2L car. This post surely isn't about slamming the ecotec. Def a killer motor.

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search