first time at the track - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
first time at the track
Thursday, March 30, 2006 1:47 AM
i will be going to the drag strip when it opens this spring, just wondering what i will need, and what u guys think 1/4 times should be.. auto 2.4 with intake..

i might have a header and 2.5" header back exhaust by the time i go though.

Re: first time at the track
Thursday, March 30, 2006 2:21 AM
you'll need to relax. People tend to get nervous at the tree. just relax....

and don't worry if you lose. If anyone wants to talk @!#$ let them because you're the one out there, they don't have the balls/car to bring their own game to the track so they have to make fun of you because you drive a cavalier.

Don't be intimidated by other cars also, I've beaten a GTO on pure driving skill alone, just because the other guy seemed pretty young and I've never seen him at the track before which led me to believe he scared himself into driving poorly. drive, drive hard, drive your best.

first time? 16's - 17's are my guess.

I'm still learning to launch myself, but it's not much help when the track you run on is a piece of @!#$...

Qualcomm = the ice rink

at least down here in california.

don't worry about your reaction time. That doesn't bring down your overall time. Your 1/4 time is measured in how long it takes to get from point A to point B.

Just have fun. do your best.

make sure you pass tech, make sure you know the rules. like having a helmet if you need to... good luck.

Thursday, March 30, 2006 5:58 AM
i guess you'll be doing mid-low 16's thats typical for a auto

Thursday, March 30, 2006 7:43 AM
thanks guys i'll post times when i go
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search