wtf track times! - Page 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: wtf track times!
Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:06 AM
those are average times for a AUTOMATIC lol most of the cars your prolly searching are 5 speed

my old auto Coupe went 15.82 at best my 5 speed with the SAME mods went 15.38

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 2:20 PM
VIPERREDZED wrote:those are average times for a AUTOMATIC lol most of the cars your prolly searching are 5 speed

wel from what ive heard. the shiftplus or the autotrans is supposed to make an auto better than a manuel so i dont think that is an issue since i have the shiftplus. could be though but im gonna say its because the track is slighty uphill and my engine is dawged.
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 3:17 PM
no shift plus car around here can still beat my manual...........for bracket racing sure shift plus/automatic is better..........

straight out speed with a next to stock car 5 speed is always going to pull ahead

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 4:19 PM
blink 777069 wrote:
VIPERREDZED wrote:those are average times for a AUTOMATIC lol most of the cars your prolly searching are 5 speed

wel from what ive heard. the shiftplus or the autotrans is supposed to make an auto better than a manuel so i dont think that is an issue since i have the shiftplus. could be though but im gonna say its because the track is slighty uphill and my engine is dawged.

and tell me what delusional moron told you that? Autos can be built to where they have advantages over manuals in very high power situations, but will still always have more drivetrain loss than a manual, and need more power to be faster than a car of the same weight..

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Friday, March 31, 2006 5:05 AM
Well here are the things working against you....

1. Its a vert
2. Its an auto(which i never had an issue with getting close to some of the 5spds times with the same mods
3.17s...especially if they are quite heavy
4. Could also be track elevation

I dont know where you are in MD but try cecil county dragway....its super low elavation, that makes for better times. Also drop the 17s for track days, and for some added weight reduction take out the spare tire, back seats(5 mins) and passenger seat. I cant say much about the shift plus because i dont have one, but make sure you pull up your ebrake 1 CLICK, you will see a light in your dash that will say e-brake and ets off, that will keep the car from bogging off the line.

With intake and solid motor mounts on crappy tires i pulled a 15.4 @ 88 and with my highflow cat and some better tires i ran a 15.3@ 88. Both runs i pulled the spare tire, pass. seat, rear seats, ran on 1/4 tank, and on my stock 15s.

Good luck next time at the track and pull some better times, dont get discouraged.

2007 GM Tuner Bash...HELL YEA
PA,MD,NJ,DE,NY and all states north caravan
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search