what do you think happen - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what do you think happen
Saturday, April 01, 2006 10:24 AM
last night i raced a supposely stock non vtec ls in a hatch. Well i have a 2003 cavalier and a few mods like motor mounts, short throw, and alot of weight reduction. Well everybody picked me to win because of the power and torque difference and since i was a better driver. To start off i did not even spin off the line and trough second i had a car and half on him good start the next thing i know he put like 4 cars on me like i ws sitting still. So we thought he had vtec or spray but could not find the nozzle or anything but he would not let us look in his car. So do yall think he was hiding spray and sprayed on me or what because never lost that bad to a supposely stock hatch.

Re: what do you think happen
Saturday, April 01, 2006 10:46 AM
are you sure it was the stock motor??? honda motor swaps are so simple to do, and can be done with all factory parts. if you get a dohc motor into a hatch, even if its non vtech, depending on the year, those cars can wieght less than 2000lbs.

Saturday, April 01, 2006 11:53 AM
What were the times? Post up the slip.

Saturday, April 01, 2006 12:26 PM
it seems obvious that the guy had spray. and how gay is not letting anyone see his car...

I hate when people try to "hide" their mods... posers

15.574 @ 89 mph stock
Saturday, April 01, 2006 1:14 PM
I'm gonna say he sprayed and had it hidden VERY well. I can't think of any other reason why he would not let someone poke their head in his car

Saturday, April 01, 2006 8:18 PM
DanteMustDie wrote:it seems obvious that the guy had spray. and how gay is not letting anyone see his car...

I hate when people try to "hide" their mods... posers

x2

Sunday, April 02, 2006 6:55 AM
i hate when people talk about street racing in a legitimate racing forum... because its pretty obvious this probably wasn't a track situation.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Sunday, April 02, 2006 8:04 PM
was at the track he had nt and i ran a 15.31
Monday, April 03, 2006 3:07 PM
probably sprayed

if he did a motor swap he has nothing to hide... altho stock honda motors in the lighter cars do make very fast n/a 4 banger competition... saw a guy with a DX cav with some other honda motor pull a 13.9 n/a with no tach.. he shifted just kind of.. on a whim

but since he was keeping the hood shut, i bet he had spray

Monday, April 03, 2006 3:19 PM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:i hate when people talk about street racing in a legitimate racing forum... because its pretty obvious this probably wasn't a track situation.

I hate when people jump the gun on things, and do not even post about what was being asked.

FU Tuning

Monday, April 03, 2006 10:43 PM
Bottom line is an ls motor(b18 non vtech) in a hatch would walk you. An ls motor in a hatch is good for a 15 flat or maybe a bit lower, especially if he has any sort of boltons.

But judging by your post it sounds like a d series with spray

2007 GM Tuner Bash...HELL YEA
PA,MD,NJ,DE,NY and all states north caravan

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 9:08 AM
I once had a 92 hatch with b18b non vtech

mods were straight pipe 2¼
custom CAI

first time ever at the track I ran 14.7

they are pretty quick on the lauch, on the highway you probably be very close

Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:26 AM
John Higgins wrote:
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:i hate when people talk about street racing in a legitimate racing forum... because its pretty obvious this probably wasn't a track situation.

I hate when people jump the gun on things, and do not even post about what was being asked.

Yep, you're absolutely right... i was a little testy the day I posted that, I apologize

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Thursday, April 06, 2006 6:28 AM
oh yeah, and beyond that, my bet is that he was hiding spray... if he wasn't, i can't think of any legitimate reason he'd have not to let you look in the car. Granted, it should have been a close race to begin with because of the power/weight ratios, but if he put that much distance on you that quickly, it had to be spray or maybe vtec (although i feel really lame saying that lol). He didn't even let you look at the engine?

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Thursday, April 06, 2006 7:46 AM
it was either a b18 swap (stupid simple and easy 180HP) or he was spraying.

If you were looking at the engine and couldn't find a nozzle he may have had it tapped directly into the fuel line using a wet system.

-Chris

Thursday, April 06, 2006 7:51 AM
IamRascal wrote:it was either a b18 swap (stupid simple and easy 180HP) or he was spraying.

If you were looking at the engine and couldn't find a nozzle he may have had it tapped directly into the fuel line using a wet system.

he said it was an ls non vtec.. which means it IS a b18 swap but it's a b18b with 142 hp.

15.574 @ 89 mph stock
Thursday, April 06, 2006 12:05 PM
some ppl keep their hood closed so others dont steal their shi#. hit some of the big scenes with somethin built and you might have somebody following you home.
Thursday, April 06, 2006 12:26 PM
You don't pull someone by almost 2 cars to have them walk by you to the tune of 4 more.
Thats almost 6 cars in a 1/4 !!!! He was spraying no doubt about it! The Honda may be quick but the race shouldn't have been the cake walk you describe it as.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 2:45 PM
Boardorgohome wrote:Bottom line is an ls motor(b18 non vtech) in a hatch would walk you. An ls motor in a hatch is good for a 15 flat or maybe a bit lower, especially if he has any sort of boltons.

15s easy on a bad day. That's one of the first imports I worked on and it's such an easy way to dip into the upper 14s and never really do anything drastic to the motor. And if it's a B18/B16 Frankenstein, all motor with everything bolt-on can go low to low 14s and probably lower with a good driver no problem, VTEC or not. The hatch models fully gutted can get down around 2000 pounds with factory glass and body parts, and if it's all lexan and fiberglass, quite a bit less. But I'm with everyone else. I'd say he either had more than an LS, or he was gassed. To pull that hard, even for what he said he had, there's more to the story than he's tellin.

Thursday, April 06, 2006 10:27 PM
wow you guys over estimte the b18's way to much my buddy has a b18 swap in his and has dc sport header and exhaust and aem cai and on a good day runs 15.0 and its vtec..with a vtec controller they can control when it kicks in but if not it dont kick in till about 5k rpm and if they have the rediculous comp that dont rev till about 7900 rpm then it dont kick in until about 6k rpm me and my buddy's cav's beat all the civics in the city all day long if you can drive an eco and have a few bolt ons you can take them. and the honda's 180 hp is nothing..cause there tourqe is in the 120's..like the new civic si is 205 hp but 138 tourqe and it ran a 14.9 with car and driver come on now if our cavs had that much hp we would run in the 13's easy..just an input from expeirience..no bashing on ne one

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/maxxracer23/ModdinArtSignature.gif[/IMG]

Saturday, April 08, 2006 6:16 AM
matt boyd wrote:wow you guys over estimte the b18's way to much my buddy has a b18 swap in his and has dc sport header and exhaust and aem cai and on a good day runs 15.0 and its vtec..

certainly not a hatchback... or your friend needs to practice, sorry

A B18C3 GSR(170hp 127ft/lb torque) swap in a civic hatchback can make easily 14.3 on the ¼ mile simply with an exhaust an CAI.

I destroyed so many Z24 with my civic hatch B18B at the time that I am very not suprise that this guy had you by 6 cars.

I love my 2004 cavy but with a stock engine it is nothing against those swaped hatchback civic

bleco04

Saturday, April 08, 2006 9:26 AM
well wiht a gsr yes they are quick but the dohc or soch 1.8's are not that fast...and it wont run a 14.3. it will run arround a 14.8..there is plenty of those ricers arround here where i live at

Saturday, April 08, 2006 11:54 AM
matt boyd wrote:well wiht a gsr yes they are quick but the dohc or soch 1.8's are not that fast...and it wont run a 14.3. it will run arround a 14.8..there is plenty of those ricers arround here where i live at

Don't you guys read the posts?

I had a 92 hatch with a 97 B18B (142hp 121ft/lb torque) and ran 14.7 first time ever at the track. Believe me 170hp in a 2000 pounds car is VERY FAST.

Saturday, April 08, 2006 2:25 PM
ok w/e ill let you have your little HONDA RICER moment of fame...

Saturday, April 08, 2006 3:35 PM
matt boyd wrote:ok w/e ill let you have your little HONDA RICER moment of fame...

With a LIMITED point of vue, I won't discuss it anymore.

Bleco04

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search