Orange Illusions goes faster - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Orange Illusions goes faster
Monday, May 22, 2006 4:41 PM
Official Press Release from Team Vision Racing
Immediate posting as of 5/21/2006

Team Vision Racing is proud to announce that Project Orange Illusions has gone faster again. Ryne Hoover, driving TVR's daily driven 2004 Cavalier project car, dropped his best time by .270 on May 21, 2006. During the second round of eliminations in the Holley Carburetor Bracket ET Series at Route 66 Raceway he ran 12.536 seconds @ 104.43 MPH while using the brakes during a bracket race. According to the split times the run would have been an estimated 12.45 seconds at over 110 MPH without use of the brakes. This was accomplished while still on the factory clutch and flywheel, stock internals, stock head, and BF Goodrich Drag Radial tires and only 13 pounds of boost.
This represents a great start for Project Orange Illusions in 2006. Next up will be a goal of 12.35 seconds and Ryne is excited and eager to try for it his next time out, Sunday, June 4, 2006 in Gainesville, FL on the Hot Rod Power Tour. He will also be running on June 5 at the South Georgia Motorsports Park and again on June 9 or 10 in Englishtown, NJ, all on the Hot Rod Power Tour. Come out and watch him and see if he can go faster again.

Time Slip
Dial-in: 12.82
R/T: .267
60FT: 1.867
330FT: 5.285
660FT: 8.072
660 MPH: 87.00
1000FT: 10.481
1320FT: 12.536
1320 MPH: 104.43

Let me know what you think guys and gals. This is the first press release I've ever written and its going to be sent out to lots of companies. Tell me how it sounds.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26

Re: Orange Illusions goes faster
Monday, May 22, 2006 4:43 PM
Sounds good to me. Congrats!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676422/1
Monday, May 22, 2006 5:45 PM
Congrats i guess.. who hasnt ran at 12.35 yet? geesh

Monday, May 22, 2006 5:55 PM
good times

Monday, May 22, 2006 6:31 PM
Nice time.......keep it up.

Monday, May 22, 2006 7:01 PM
congrats

Monday, May 22, 2006 7:33 PM
Quote:

This was accomplished while still on the factory clutch and flywheel, stock internals, stock head, and BF Goodrich Drag Radial tires and only 13 pounds of boost

thatss what i like to hear. your my boy blue!! congrats

Monday, May 22, 2006 8:46 PM
awesome times!.

Monday, May 22, 2006 9:31 PM
Nice I might meet up with you in G town we'll see, do I little grudge. lol

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 5:32 AM
nice times.
but if you have to use brakes in order to prevent a break out during a bracket race, then you can't drive worth a damn
i can run a 15 flat all day on a 35 shot of nitrous.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 8:40 AM
cool times man.... i will probably be going to the g-ville hot tour stop so hopefully see you there

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 8:44 AM
congrats

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 2:20 PM
99redz24 wrote:nice times.
but if you have to use brakes in order to prevent a break out during a bracket race, then you can't drive worth a damn
i can run a 15 flat all day on a 35 shot of nitrous.

Or maybe it's the fact that a car running 12s is a LOT less consistent when built to run a big number every time and not run a 15 all day. I can set it up to run 13.00s all day long, and do at some events, but at this event I like to go faster because I prefer to chase instead of be chased. Using the brakes is very common in bracket racing. I guess that means that everyone who does it though can't drive worth a damn too? It's just another tool in the bracket racers arsenal of tricks.

But you go run your 15s and think that I can't drive. Oh and have fun in your happy place.

Everyone else: Thanks for the support. The car can, and will go faster this year...hopefully very soon.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 3:09 PM
Using the "brakes" while "racing" seems kinda silly in the first place, the whole point is to go fast. As for driving skill beyond the starting line theres not a whole of of that in drag racing anyway, the car is the one doing the work, you just have your foot buried after the tree goes off. If you have an Automatic its even easier, personally I dont even think automatics should be allowed in bracket racing, your matching up human vs. mechanical perfection, its not an even playing field, which isnt that what bracket racing always promotes about itself? So unless your comparing reaction times theres not much to criticize there. But thats why I hate bracket racing in general I dont think it embraces whats great about racing which is going as fast as you can and the idea of head starts is just silly.

Last time I was at MIR I raced an 8 second pro stock car, I was practically done with the race before they ever left the starting line and passed me at 200mph and scared the @!#$ out of me. It was totally absurd and cars that different in speed have no business racing each other, and if I would have won, would it have felt like a victory? Hardly.

The whole idea of racing and modifying is to go faster than you ever have before, to see what your actually able to do. Given the choice between winning a bracket "race" (and I use that term loosely) and running a personal best, Id take the personal best. The curiosity has to get to you, sitting there wondering how fast the car can REALLY go, let it all hang out, isnt that the point in going to the track in the first place?

Hypsy you been doing this long enough now that you should be able to run in some real straight up racing divisions or local events with cash prizes I know the, I'm sure you can do better things with that awesome machine you have created than bracket "racing".

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 3:20 PM
I could easily run in heads up classes...if there were any local ones that were able to provide me with a fair playing field. The problem with the one local series is that most of the cars are 11 seconds or better. It would be very hard to compete with a 12 second car. If I could have made the funding to run the NDRA I could have competed in a few different classes there. I totally prefer running "indexed brackets" as opposed to traditional brackets. In an index bracket the time splits between cars are a LOT smaller. For instance this Sunday I will be running and indexed bracket race in a 13 second class. All cars have to run 13.00-13.99 to be in the class. I will more than likely be on the brakes a lot in those races to make sure I'm in the 13s but that's how it goes sometimes. Of course like I said before I can make the car run 13.00s all day by short shifting a few gears Made it really easy to compete in the class last year.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 6:53 PM
Hmm those numbers are purdy cant wait for the sunflower to at least get in the 13's

good luck dere bud

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 7:51 PM
I thought you were using the Partiot Stage 2 Head... Nice runs though, very impressive.

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 9:06 PM
The head isn't on yet. I wish it was though. It's not helping me sitting in the garage.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 5:32 AM
at the track i go to i seen people run consistan 10's in the 1/4. both auto and manual

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 5:48 AM
Quote:

If you have an Automatic its even easier, personally I dont even think automatics should be allowed in bracket racing, your matching up human vs. mechanical perfection,

well then if you think that then auto's shouldn't be allowed to autoX then

Quote:

The curiosity has to get to you, sitting there wondering how fast the car can REALLY go, let it all hang out, isnt that the point in going to the track in the first place?

most bracket events have a timetrail for a few hours. thats what that is for. there you can let it all hang out try and get your personal best. id rather win a bracket event running my personal as my dial then just going to a track and getting time.

and Rodimus has no bussiness talking crap about something he has never won before.

but seruoisly Hyspy
Congrats on the time. and good luck in upcoming events

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 10:57 AM
Nice job on the press release Ryne.

See you this weekend at IW #2.

Project S-Bird

Friday, May 26, 2006 12:41 PM
99redz24 wrote:
Quote:

If you have an Automatic its even easier, personally I dont even think automatics should be allowed in bracket racing, your matching up human vs. mechanical perfection,

well then if you think that then auto's shouldn't be allowed to autoX then

Quote:

The curiosity has to get to you, sitting there wondering how fast the car can REALLY go, let it all hang out, isnt that the point in going to the track in the first place?

most bracket events have a timetrail for a few hours. thats what that is for. there you can let it all hang out try and get your personal best. id rather win a bracket event running my personal as my dial then just going to a track and getting time.

and Rodimus has no bussiness talking crap about something he has never won before.

but seruoisly Hyspy
Congrats on the time. and good luck in upcoming events

stir up the pot much?

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Friday, May 26, 2006 7:39 PM
Nice.

What did u change to from low 13s to high-mid 12s? just more boost?

Nate

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft
Saturday, May 27, 2006 12:14 AM
Went from 32# injectors which are standard in the St 2 kit to 40# and from the 8:1 FMU calibration to a 6:1. To go from 12.80 to 12.53 I dropped 2 PSI actually Car never ran totally right at 14+ PSI do to some head issues, that have been discuss on end before, so cranking it back to 12-13PSI lets it pull all the way through the lights. Now I just have this little problem of limiting out 4th gear....Guess I have to get Ron to make me a nice HPT file

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 7:47 PM
nice run Ryne.......

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search