crappy day = crappy times - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
crappy day = crappy times
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 3:51 PM
Hi guys

So I was out to the local 1/4 mile track for the first time with the charger and boy did I leave there disappointed...

Best time was:

60' - 2.321
1/8 - 9.635
1/4 - 14.734
MPH - 98.672

Now for the lame excuses: it was about 5 to 10 degrees C outside, humidity of about 90 %, and there were times when it was kinda "spitting" rain, very small droplets for periods of about 30 seconds, but annoying nonetheless, which certainly didn't help my 215/45/17 (26 psi) summer tires with traction. I think I don't remember one run where I wasn't spinning all of first, and probably half of second. I was shifting just before the rev limiter (about 6450 rpm). I just read today a post in which airtonics said that the GM reflash was probably pulling timing above 6k, because he was running faster times when shifting at 6k. That is probably one of the reasons for such slow times. I'll shift at 6k next time.

Anyway, I'm thinking of buying 2 rims and used all-season tires since it seems everyone here who runs good 60' times runs them with "crappy bald tires" at something like 15 psi of pressure.

What do you guys think ?

15.574 @ 89 mph stock without charger. new times with charger coming soon.

Re: crappy day = crappy times
Tuesday, May 23, 2006 5:06 PM
Salut Dante,

j'ai manqué la journée à Napierville mais j'étais certain que les temps seraient à chier! c'était bien trop humide. La première mod que j'ai fait sur mon char à été la suspension et les roues. Au début j'ai acheté du gros 17 pouces 215/45/17 pis mon char avançait juste pu!! quelle erreur! je l'ai ait vendu 2 semaines après pis je me suis procuré des roues 15 pouces de 12 livres pis des bon pneu. Quelle différence, c'est fou comment j'ai amélioré mes départs. Moi si j'étais toi je ferais ça mème avant l'exhaust. La prochaine fois, soit à St-eustache ou Napi je suis là c'est sur!

à plus

Bleco04

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 10:54 PM
invest in drag radials

ive ran a 2.0 60 in my cav on falken azenis sports , but i gotta get them HOT

i need drag radials badly , and ill prob be able to drop into the 13's , in good weather

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:22 AM
I don't think lack of power was your problem really, the mph is there for a very low 14-to-high-13. Overall I've been pretty impressed with the eco s/c kit so far.... original pulley right?

Quote:

Anyway, I'm thinking of buying 2 rims and used all-season tires since it seems everyone here who runs good 60' times runs them with "crappy bald tires" at something like 15 psi of pressure.

lol... 2.0 60' on RSA's with 40K on em.... 15 psi and a small burnout in 2nd gear. I actually haven't been able to get lower than a 2.1 on the new "performance" street tires yet, or on the DR's... but thats cuz the DR's are too short and i already have too much gear and torque for the stock size tires.

You'll get there man, just practice practice practice... I guess try shifting lower but it really sucks if the s/c reflash really does that, because if you could get to redline timing-pull free you'd be a lot quicker than shifting at 6k. I see HPTuners in your future

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:33 AM
airtonics said he picked up 1.5 mph from shifting at 6k.... I would trap 100 mph with such an increase...

HPTuners MIGHT be in my future... it depends on how I decide to value the warranty that I still have for another 28k miles... Over at the cobalt ss forums they seem to be having great results with the software...

I will try to go back on a sunny and dry day, I'm sure this will help me greatly for traction...

BTW, my 17" tires were at 26 psi.... I was kind of scared to go lower....

15.574 @ 89 mph stock without charger. new times with charger coming soon.
Thursday, May 25, 2006 1:22 PM
hp doesnt support the eco s/c reflash at this time

GM coded very weird

but like ive told alot of people , you gotta relearn how to race the car , each is different , and you just added alot more power , now you gotta get it to the ground properly

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search