Test and tune day...times later tonight - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Test and tune day...times later tonight
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:02 AM
Im going to the track tonight here in pittsburgh for test and tune night. This will be the first time since i got my turbo eco all fixed up. Im going to run 8 psi for the first and second run to see what I can do and then im going to pump it up to 10 psi for the 3rd run. Im hoping to achive atleast a 13.5-13.8 with my trunk completely gutted and and back seats. Ill post some slips and time later tonight when i get back. Are these times reasonable for 8-10 psi with regular tires and a well prepped track.

Re: Test and tune day...times later tonight
Wednesday, May 24, 2006 10:41 AM
I am giving it a 14.10 to 14.50's.
If it is the 1st time you might even hit some high 14's. You could get better than that with time tho.

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 10:54 AM
I was running a 14.9 with a leaky wastegate at like 4 psi. This will be my second time at the track and Ive been having pretty good reaction times. Ill post some slips later tonight.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 11:15 AM
its best not to go with any real goal or expectations.... you end up pressuring yourself and it makes you lose focus on the task at hand. The day I finally broke 13's in the bug was the day I just went to race against some friends for fun without worrying about times. Before that i think I spent a month or two going "i'm gonna run my 13 tonight" and it just didn't happen lol.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Thursday, May 25, 2006 4:19 AM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:its best not to go with any real goal or expectations.... you end up pressuring yourself and it makes you lose focus on the task at hand. The day I finally broke 13's in the bug was the day I just went to race against some friends for fun without worrying about times. Before that i think I spent a month or two going "i'm gonna run my 13 tonight" and it just didn't happen lol.

that's some good advice, thanks

Of course its probably not always as easy as it sounds to not have 'expectations'.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 5:30 AM
so where are the results ?

15.574 @ 89 mph stock without charger. new times with charger coming soon.
Thursday, May 25, 2006 5:45 AM
Waiting for results....

2004 Turbo cavalier 11PSI and blown!
Thursday, May 25, 2006 7:48 AM
End result is14.11!!

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Thursday, May 25, 2006 8:06 AM
full time slip ?

15.574 @ 89 mph stock without charger. new times with charger coming soon.
Thursday, May 25, 2006 8:27 AM
yea i am curious about this one too^^^^^^

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:44 AM
Well heres the result.......14.24 at 101.10. My 60' time was a 2.326 and my r/t was a .103. I hopped the wheels the whole ways through 1st and into second because i chose not to take my low profiles off. Noone could get any traction all night. Plus right before this run i found out my dad and stepmom got hit by a car on his harley and got banged up pretty bad so i just pretty much wanted to get it this run out of the way so i could get out of there and get to the hospital. Temp was 71 F ad humidity was at 53. Im putting the boost up to 10 psi next time and running my larger tires for some better traction. As long as i break into a 13.8 next time ill be satisfied. Here is a video of the last run.
LAST RUN

Thursday, May 25, 2006 12:18 PM
wow sorry to hear about your folks man, heres to them getting well soon!

14.2 aint that shabby at all, nice run except for the hop

Thursday, May 25, 2006 3:16 PM
stevefire wrote:
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:its best not to go with any real goal or expectations.... you end up pressuring yourself and it makes you lose focus on the task at hand. The day I finally broke 13's in the bug was the day I just went to race against some friends for fun without worrying about times. Before that i think I spent a month or two going "i'm gonna run my 13 tonight" and it just didn't happen lol.

that's some good advice, thanks

Of course its probably not always as easy as it sounds to not have 'expectations'.

No, its never easy, at all lol.. The mental aspect of drag racing is a lot more intense that most admit.

Splash, sorry to hear about your folks man, hope everythings ok. The trap speed is DEFINITELY there for a 13.. just need the seat time.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Thursday, May 25, 2006 3:22 PM
Yea i know i just need to get the power to stick to the ground and not spin. Figureatively speaking

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search