Times From Firebird Tonight - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Times From Firebird Tonight
Saturday, June 03, 2006 12:54 AM
Technically it was yesterday, but its almost an hour into today. Well first part of the sucked, real bad. The idiots always roll through the water. Oh well, traction sucked all night. First half of the night was between 105 and 100 degrees out with humidity of 30%. Oh and dont forget about the 12mph headwind gusting up to 35mph. The first part i only managed a best of a 16.5 at 84 mph. I took an hour break at 945 to let the car cool down and i doused the radiator and intake with water. An hour later the temperature is at 95* and 20% humidity, and yay no wind. The car is finally cooled down, i swear it got heat soaked pretty bad. Well back to the action I managed a 16.3 at 85mph. Next run I ran my fastest time of the night.

I know I could have done better. Tire pressures were at 27 front and 40 rear. More practice and I will get better. O btw this is the fastest I have ran with this car because its the first drag ive done with it.

Comments plz.

--------------------------------------
04 Cavalier LS Sport- Red with factory silver stripes.

Re: Times From Firebird Tonight
Saturday, June 03, 2006 7:19 AM
Keep woking on it, you'll get the times down.

I know Firebird has some altitude, but I don't recall just how high it is. I've been by there, didn't stop though. From what i've read about it and seen going by there, looked really nice.

Stay out of the water box, just drive around it. Tracks know people w/ street tires don't want their tires wet and don't, normally, have a problem with you driving around it.

97cavi24ls ran his g/f's 02 to a 15.4 w/ just an intake, just so you know the potential is there.

Saturday, June 03, 2006 8:54 AM
Thanks,

I belive firebird is at an altitude of 1243'. It is a good track when prepped and the conditions are right. I got a best of 15.9 in my 03 that had just an intake, actually I belive it was the same intake as 97cavi24ls (Eric's) g/fs car before going to the aem cai. By all means this new car is much faster, with good conditions I belive I could get a 15.7 or better.

Of course im staying out of the box, went though it once a long time ago and had no traction. So never again. By all means traction sure is limited by our one wheel drive cars. But I cant say the same about the other drivers that insist on goin though the water box with street tires.

Look out for new times, I will be heading to the track again soon, hopefully ever other week. Mods also to come.

Sunday, June 04, 2006 4:34 AM
Firebird RAIRLY preps the track for friday night drags... However if you don't mind dealing with the cluster$!*$ that is SCO night (when they are ACTUALLY RUN) the track is preped VERY well.

Best time I've gotten there is a 15.776, and that was back in Feb. In december Brandon ran a 15.1 in my car after his was DQ'd due to speed.

I'm thinking I may make it out there on saturday and try my hand at the brackets... otherwise, due to me working 6 days a week now, I won't be there untill July 8 when they have their next "Saturday night drag."

Sunday, June 04, 2006 12:48 PM
15.4 was the best ive gotten , with just a intake

brandon got into the 15.0's with header and muffler

the eco seams to really suffer when its hot out , my 2.4 doesnt drop off as bad when its hot

but you got in a hell of alot of passes , did you have any wheels hop problems ?

Sunday, June 04, 2006 3:47 PM
Not at all, actually i lie, only when cleaning off the tires. Not once at launch .

16.186 @ 86.98mph
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search