Automatic S/C Eco, new times - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Automatic S/C Eco, new times
Wednesday, July 05, 2006 7:56 PM
I got back a lil bit ago, heres my best slip
R/T... .154
60... 2.066
330... 5.936
1/8... 9.096
MPH... 79.40
1000... 11.904
1/4... 14.261
MPH... 95.45

Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire

Re: Automatic S/C Eco, new times
Wednesday, July 05, 2006 8:15 PM
damn not bad with an auto. wish i had enough for the S/C
Wednesday, July 05, 2006 8:25 PM
not sure if your happy with that or not but to put that in perspective one of the guys I work with (we work for VW) has an 06 GTI, 2.0 Liter direct injection variable valve timing turbo intercooled 6 speed manual. Mods are catback exhaust, GIAC chip, and H&R full coilover setup, he is a good driver and pulled a 14.2 with it.

thats a good time for an auto eco

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 9:01 PM
thats a nice time man... how much psi were you running??

i have an auto eco too i surprised a lot of people at the track, espailly when they walked up and saw an automatic tranny

im turbo though, not SC....

how'd you pull that 60 foot?? I cant beat 2.2 prolly the difference between you spooling instantly, and me having to build it up... any other tranny work?? TC or something??

good luck man!! nice times!!

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Thursday, July 06, 2006 5:51 AM
good job, I'm surprised the trap is so low though, with basically same mods didn't airtonics trap over 101 mph ? the manual doesn't make THAT much difference. myself on a cool day I trapped 98.5 with JUST the charger.

BTW were you on your 18s ? If so I can't believe I can't get better than a high 2.2s 60' with my 17s ...

15.574 @ 89 mph stock without charger. new times with charger coming soon.
Thursday, July 06, 2006 8:00 AM
my 18"s were not installed... i had my friends 17"s installed... they are wider... next time i am going to run my stock tires again, cause using his wider tires gave me identical 60"'s as when i had my stock tires on there...

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Thursday, July 06, 2006 8:01 AM
Acer wrote:my 18"s were not installed... i had my friends 17"s installed... they are wider... next time i am going to run my stock tires again, cause using his wider tires gave me identical 60"'s as when i had my stock tires on there...

actually I was asking 04blackfire lol

Thursday, July 06, 2006 10:01 AM
Yup 18s were on with a full interior, I dont strip stuff because I wanna know how fast the car actually is on the street. Im sure I could knock another tenth off the time with practice since it was my second time at the track. I think the highest psi I was seeing was about 14.2, with the intercooling system completely heatsoaked from waiting in line to take a run.

Check out my car....
Thursday, July 06, 2006 10:08 AM
14.2 psi with the 3" belt ? that's crazy ! and yet you still only trapped 95 mph... I don't get it...

did you deflate your tires any ? either way I'm so envious of those 60', if only I went to the track more often I might be able to get them down a bit.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 2:28 PM
Very nice times! There's a local guy here that just got the Eco SC on his auto sedan, and it flies as well.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?
Thursday, July 06, 2006 2:58 PM
thats really fast for those mods. alot of the auto s/c ecos arent even breaking into the 14's

whats the deal with SC, its like hit or miss.

"boobs now with Riboflabin"

Thursday, July 06, 2006 4:23 PM
I think it's probably more of a driver, tire, weather thing.

First time I went was a very cool day, yet humid and a very small amount of rain, and I ran 3 14.7 at 98.5 mph with 2.3 or 2.4 60' on 17 inch tires. It was my first time with the s/c. Second time was a super hot and humid day and my best was 14.9 at 95 mph with the same @!#$ty launches... so that's 3 mph less just because of the weather.

I'm disappointed with my performance but it doesn't matter to me too much since I know the power is there (98.5 mph with just the charger unintercooled on a good day), it's just the ideal conditions haven't been there all at the same time yet and I don't really practice at all except when I go to the track which is not often at all (2 times only this year).

Thursday, July 06, 2006 4:48 PM
Dante, check this thread page 2 link Thats what a cooler day and a npt heat soaked I/C system was doing for me. Tires are at 35psi.

Check out my car....
Thursday, July 06, 2006 4:48 PM
Nice run... reminds me of my turbo sunfire. I used to run that at the same track (mid-mich) when I went to Ferris. Typically ran 14.4's @95 or so mph with very simliar 1/8 mie and 60 ft times.

I need to make a trip out there, I always seem to run my best at mid michigan... great track!

Anyways we'll have to run sometime. My car finally running again but I have the bypass valve disconnected while I break in the clutch.

12.770 @ 111.99 Intercooled Eaton M62

Thursday, July 06, 2006 4:59 PM
o4Black Fire wrote:Dante, check this thread page 2 link Thats what a cooler day and a npt heat soaked I/C system was doing for me. Tires are at 35psi.

35 psi and hitting 2.0s ? well I'll be damned. next time I go to the track I'll make sure to try such a high pressure. The 2 times I went I was around 25-28 psi.

Thursday, July 06, 2006 5:01 PM
Airtonics wrote:
Anyways we'll have to run sometime. My car finally running again but I have the bypass valve disconnected while I break in the clutch.

have you posted somewhere about your new setup ? I believe you were swapping in a 2.0 eco ?

The demands an update !!!

Friday, July 07, 2006 2:49 AM
Darkstars wrote:not sure if your happy with that or not but to put that in perspective one of the guys I work with (we work for VW) has an 06 GTI, 2.0 Liter direct injection variable valve timing turbo intercooled 6 speed manual. Mods are catback exhaust, GIAC chip, and H&R full coilover setup, he is a good driver and pulled a 14.2 with it.

thats a good time for an auto eco

Not exactly a fair comparison, but you're right, and the time is damn impressive. Good 60' too, glad to see someone around here knows how to launch! Of course, the auto helps with that...

Quote:

thats really fast for those mods. alot of the auto s/c ecos arent even breaking into the 14's

whats the deal with SC, its like hit or miss.

I think a lot of it comes down to how well the installation was performed, and as Dante said, driver, weather etc... You'd be amazed how many people go to the track and trap high enough for low 12's, but only run mid 13's/low 14's. Driving has a lot to do with it, EVEN on an auto. Altitude and heat will figure in big time too with the supercharger, especially with the people who didn't install the intercooler stuff.

Quote:

35 psi and hitting 2.0s ? well I'll be damned. next time I go to the track I'll make sure to try such a high pressure. The 2 times I went I was around 25-28 psi.

I'm not saying not to go ahead and try it, because it might work for you, but the auto trans is probably also a key factor in how he get's such a good launch. Since the torque converter is a fluid coupling, it makes for a nice smooth and gentle initial power delivery on a launch, so long as you can control the gas pedal sufficiently. With a clutch, its a lot harder to get that nice smooth, gentle engagement and not shock the tires and spin. Granted its full well possible to do 2.0's or even lower on street tires with the s/c, but the auto helps a lot, especially in blackfire's case because he has a stock converter which locks at lower rpm and probably isn't quite into the powerband at launch... once he gets the 2800 stall he has listed in his "future mods" it might get a little more difficult to launch without spin but the car will come out of the shifts much more firmly planted in the powerband, and if he runs stickier tires, the higher stall wil help get more power out of the hole.

I must say I really am impressed, now get some internals and a smaller pulley (i only say internals because... well... look at airtonic's motor after some fun with the 2.8" pulley.... ouch).

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Friday, July 07, 2006 3:13 AM
I believe the count on boosted motors that are busting/melting the ring lands is up to four now. If I remember correctly they were running from 12 to 18 psi of boost. From what I'm seeing, it looks like the ring lands are too close to the piston tops and the material of the pistons isn't durable enough for anything more than mild boost. Getting some good pistons would definitely help in the durabilty department. They are making some great power though!

Friday, July 07, 2006 8:08 AM
nice times

Friday, July 07, 2006 8:46 AM
Thanks for the responses guys, I know my one of the guys that went with me video taped a few runs so Ill have to see if he got this one.

Check out my car....
Friday, July 07, 2006 5:36 PM
very nice indeed way to represent the auto's

keep up the good work

The one, the only, ME.

Sunday, July 09, 2006 11:56 AM
Sweet times!! Very nice!!

I missed out going Saturday but still have plans of running in August. I'd be darn happy with those times!!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Sunday, July 09, 2006 3:51 PM
Quote:

I got back a lil bit ago, heres my best slip
R/T... .154
60... 2.066
330... 5.936
1/8... 9.096
MPH... 79.40
1000... 11.904
1/4... 14.261
MPH... 95.45

wow. nice time. thats a really nice 60ft. congrats.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 12:10 PM
Very Nice 1/4 mile and 60' time there.

Check out my Part Out List!! Great Prices !! http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/52925/

Monday, July 24, 2006 12:03 PM
Freakin sweet! It's times like this I wish that my little M45 had more potential. Nice time tho! Represent the autos to the fullest!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search