s/c eco or srt4 who would win???? - Page 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: s/c eco or srt4 who would win????
Sunday, July 30, 2006 10:03 AM
My take is that I paid 10K for my fire, and with less than the amount of cash I would spend on an SRT-4 I could have something much faster, provided speed was the only thing important.

If it was my decision I'd get the Ion Redline, put a reduction pully on it and tune it. Far better looking than the Cobalt IMO, and they handle better than a stock SRT-4.

In track testing the SRT-4 wins due to its straightline peformance, but the Ion owns the corner.

-Chris

Monday, July 31, 2006 9:27 AM
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:
Smokey wrote:Having 4 doors is a sign of losing your testicles? I'd have to say owning a Beetle would be a sign too....

someone once said that by owning a Porsche, you're compensating for a certain something thats lacking.... I'm just showing that I have nothing to compensate for

which is conrtadicting your original statement

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Tuesday, August 01, 2006 2:25 AM
Jcavi wrote:
Scarab (Jersey Jay 1.8T) wrote:
Smokey wrote:Having 4 doors is a sign of losing your testicles? I'd have to say owning a Beetle would be a sign too....

someone once said that by owning a Porsche, you're compensating for a certain something thats lacking.... I'm just showing that I have nothing to compensate for

which is conrtadicting your original statement

nope, I still only have 2 doors lol

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Tuesday, August 01, 2006 6:32 AM
I have been having this same dillema.

The cavy is paid for. I could sell it and get a few thousand and buy an SRT4. I could take the money I saved not buying the srt4 and turbo the cavy. The problem is, I am still gonna need tuning software, forged internals (if I want to go really fast), a better suspension for comfort and autox, quaife, ect. the list goes on. So I can take my cavalier and dump $6k+ into it to and make it equivelant and reliable as a used stage3 SRT4, or I could sell the cavalier and throw $8k with the money and get a used srt4. I end up with either $12k in a car worth $6k, or $14k in a car worth $12k.

Ohh the possibilities. I would actually prefer one of my cars to be 4 door. I will just keep driving the ole cav until an unbeliveable deal comes up for a big cav mod, or a good deal on an srt4.

2004 Cavalier. Razzi. (Sold)
1998 Corvette. Some mods.
1992 Typhoon. Lots of mods.
1994 Civic VX 44MPG
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search