quaker? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
quaker?
Thursday, July 27, 2006 11:43 AM
i ran at quaker a few weeks ago and i did alot worse that i thought i would do, even being in a 100% bone stock 2200 5spd for the first time ever. i ran a 17.3xx at 73mph. but recenlty i have heard that the track goes uphill at the end. is that rally true cause that seems really stupid for any track to have a mistake in it like that. and if so, what would i expect to run at a real track? o i forgot, i had my rims on. 205/55/16 tires still at 48psi w/aluminum wheels.

Re: quaker?
Friday, July 28, 2006 3:00 AM
oats?

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Friday, July 28, 2006 7:48 AM
some tracks do that to help slow the fast cars down.

Friday, July 28, 2006 7:57 AM
I'm confused here....

At the beginning of your post, you are blaming your Quaker State oil for making your car slower, but then you say no wait it was the hill at the end of the track and my heavy rims that made me run a crappy time.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Friday, July 28, 2006 9:22 AM
you have the 2200 engine! ! what do you expect? ...16 sec??? with a lot of bolt-ons maybe....17.3 its a good time for a 2200 bone stock
Friday, July 28, 2006 10:21 AM
lol!! no no not the oil my mistake. the track quaker city. i guess i should elaborate i bit. the track has rumors of going uphill at the end. and trust me i know its a 2200 i dont expect much with it, but nething helps. and the fact that i dont even have a tack sucks too. so i have no clue where im launching or shifting. i know where the limiter hits and i shift as close to it as i can to it, but thats about it. i can tell its a restricted engine bad. i got an aem cai not to long ago for it, and it really opened it up on the top end (im not trying to say its a monster now but it did help). if ne one has drivin one hard they know the dead spot in the top end.
Friday, July 28, 2006 2:43 PM
ok nm just found on another topic that it does go uphill at the end of the track. damn that sucks! i guess a 17.3 aint to shabby for a noob on an uphill drag. o well. ill just have to go somewhere else then. has anyone ran at dragway 42?
Friday, July 28, 2006 5:00 PM
believe me 17.3 is good for a 2200.....I've seen AT ecotecs running that time
Saturday, July 29, 2006 6:07 AM
thats so pathetic that a 17.3 is good lol!!!!! gotta love her though
Sunday, July 30, 2006 12:38 AM
I ran a 16.309 in my cav (whcih has very little done perforance wise...intake, headers, and exhaust) a couple weeks ago at quaker and it was my first run ever after driving stick for only about a month. Our cars are different obviously cuz mines got the 2.4 in it but I was upset too when i heard the track went uphill. Im supposed to go to quaker again today but I didn't even think it was worth it lol. We'll see what happens I guess

Sunday, July 30, 2006 9:17 AM
o i know i was so mad. first time ever at a track and my first pass (it was just a test and tune) was along side a 11 sec camaro. it was so loud i couldn hear my car what so ever. my trap was only 73 mph too. im def not going to that place again

Monday, July 31, 2006 12:14 AM
haha wow that sucks. I can't belive how much crap ive heard about that track. did that camaro happen to be orange?

Monday, July 31, 2006 9:15 PM
no it was white with like 10 lbs of rubber on the side of it from doing burnouts. it was loud as hell and he wheelied really bad. it pulled so hard to the left too
Wednesday, August 02, 2006 8:04 AM
Quaker City sucks hands down. I will never waste my time/money/gas going there again unless it is to watch. I had a buddy with a 2200 5-speed with a WAI and muffler and he ran like a 16.8 i think at our local track (Pittsburgh raceway).

Quaker does go uphill BEFORE the finish line. My trap speeds are normally around 89-91 mph, but at Quaker they were like 85 mph. Best I could manage was a 16.1. The traction sucks coming off the line too out there. Trust me, it's not ur car in this case, it is the track.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006 8:10 AM
48psi in the tires? Holy @!#$! Try going to like 28 for traction.

And sucks to be in west PS, because quaaker is the closest track this side of the state.That is .

1971 camaro 427 --- here!

Stock... and loving every minute of it.
Wednesday, August 02, 2006 1:25 PM
lots of tracks go uphill. its to help slow the cars down. its sort of a saftey thing. lots of tracks do that

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, August 02, 2006 3:12 PM
Compared to the 2 tracks here in NY that I race at, Quaker was about .5 sec slower. That was back in the NA days, running drag radials so it was all track, not traction.

2000 Turbo Z
Saturday, August 05, 2006 3:41 PM
yeah 48psi. we got there kinda late and were just scurrying to get in. weve never been at a track so we were lost. i jumped my friends 91 mi-so-bitchy eclipse like 5 times and i had to keep talking to him cause he was so nervous he was about to piss himself. lol. i want really worried bout times that much anyways, just there for fun
Tuesday, August 08, 2006 10:48 AM
99redz24 wrote:lots of tracks go uphill. its to help slow the cars down. its sort of a saftey thing. lots of tracks do that

This is true, but how many of them actually go uphill BEFORE the finish line? Quaker goes uphill prior to crossing the finish line, therefore it affects your time negatively.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search