12 Second 4T40E. I think thats all I need to say :) - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
12 Second 4T40E. I think thats all I need to say :)
Friday, December 15, 2006 9:46 PM

yes, the track guy did put acer instead of my last four of my ssn.... and he definitely picked the right night to bend the rules

My best run was 12.968@110.28MPH..... a very impressive improvement from my first run, which also happens to be my worse run ever since i turbo'ed of 15.0 :/ I spun the drag radials out to the point where i was smoking the tires well passed 60ft lol.... i have a video of that run compliments of DJ Clueless... Ima post that later, all i have not uploaded it yet also, i have a log of the run on my laptop that i will upload later too.... i am not logging my wideband though :/ i need to get that hooked up!!!

This all happened on the track day that was kinda gay cause a lot of people didnt show up :/ but i saw like 6 peeps out there from the forums!!!

All you get now is a pic of the timeslips and the video of the run!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5f8248f4-b8f3-480c-b1dd-9899000da299.htm

2.179 60ft on dr's!!! i was afraid to take it all the way to the stock stall cause i didnt want to break an axle!!! lol...

this is me doing a pull in celebration of my good night

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/b40f49f1-b435-43c7-927e-9899000e636b.htm

Differences:
Drag Radials - Mickey Thompsons 235x60x15
Race Gas - 110 octane - VP

same tune as last time, i was rich, just like last time, but this time i turned up the boost to compensate 17psi!!

my auto trans has really held up great!! I dont plan on running again until its built though, i dont need to go breaking stuff....

I wanna thank everyone thats helped me out by answering my questions all the time on the forums and on aim!!

semi list:
Suncavi (built my motor), Shifted (million tuning tips), Hypsy (j-body encyclopedia), and many more that i cant think of!!!!

Next time that i hit the track i plan on having a built tranny, head, saab manifold bored out pnp'ed, and a 62mm TB!! but thats not gunna be for another 6months or more... im not rich here

well thats all i can think of right now.... thanks for reading my long message!!!

im happy as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st fastest 4t40e in the universe..... 4th fastest eco on the site!!!!

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|

Re: 12 Second 4T40E. I think thats all I need to say :)
Friday, December 15, 2006 9:59 PM
Good job man!

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Friday, December 15, 2006 10:16 PM
Good Sh!t

Congrats ...

Friday, December 15, 2006 10:34 PM
congrats

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Friday, December 15, 2006 10:43 PM
Acer wrote:2.179 60ft on dr's!!! i was afraid to take it all the way to the stock stall cause i didnt want to break an axle!!! lol...

Nic ejob overall man but get that car on the stall. I've nailed 1.8 and 1.9 60fts and the stock axles don't seem to mind one bit. Get that bitch on the stall!

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Friday, December 15, 2006 11:13 PM
Thanks Skilz, Jersey Kid, and Machzel08!!!

and hypsy... i knew that you were on stock axles and same with a lot of other people, but this is my only car... i drive it like 60+ miles a day for school, work, and pleasure... so if it breaks im %^@#ed so i decided to play it safe!!

The next time i go though, ima have all the mods stated above, and a daily driver, so i will be in a better position to take risks

|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Friday, December 15, 2006 11:15 PM
This is my only car too ABUSE IT!

Friday, December 15, 2006 11:21 PM
Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:This is my only car too ABUSE IT!

LOL, patience

next mod though: my friends gt3076r we will see how that goes.... if you see me posting questions on where to get coolant feed and return from on the eco, then i got the turbo he might trade me for a ps3 i got laying around

Saturday, December 16, 2006 2:37 AM
oh man, thats fricking sweet! Congrats ACER!!! I always said it could be done, was just waiting for someone to do it.... and thats on the stock converter? Dude, stall that shizzz... If Ryne hasn't been breaking axles I really sincerely doubt you'll have any problems, after all, the torque converter is still a fluid coupling, and it cushions the vast mojority of driveline shocks that would normally break axles. Besides... all you have to do is get the cheap life-time guaranteed ones from autozone and then you're good for life Or if you wanted to do it the more expensive, but less labor-intensive way, just grab a set of driveshaft shop axles if they make em... i think i remember that they did... 12.9 on a 2.1 60'.... thats a solid mid 12 right there if you get out of the hole quicker bro... But anyway, congrats again, and way to rep the auto!

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Saturday, December 16, 2006 6:00 AM
mid 12's!!!!! lol.... that would be sweet!!! when the time/money comes, i will have a fully built auto trans and patriot head stage 2 from ryne and i will be in the 11s i got a quote for the tranny (a sh1t load of work done) from iptpreformance.com or something like that and they said for 2800 or something like that (not including a stall i dont think) they can get the tranny to hold 6-700 hp and never have to worry about it again... i think ima do that unless i find a better price... i have to uninstall the tranny myself and ship it to them and then wait like a week labor and shipping both ways until i get it back..... so thats definitely not happening until i get a daily driver...

isnt there other things that break in the tranny usually other then just the stall convertor??

anyways!! thanks for the support!!!

p.s. stock shift points

Saturday, December 16, 2006 7:10 AM
What rpm were you launching at, were you under boost at launch, were you heating up the DR's before your runs?

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Saturday, December 16, 2006 7:23 AM
congrats, i realy shuld hav stayed

Saturday, December 16, 2006 7:24 AM
i can check the log, but im pretty sure it was not the max of the stall cause the first time i burned out like crazy, i need to wait til i get home to get that vid though...

yea, i started warming up the dr's a lot more... the first time i did, but apparently not enough.... and also, the tire pressure on the dr's was like 40psi because we didnt think i would have enough power to spin them, lol

p.s. i will post the log in a few

Saturday, December 16, 2006 7:37 AM
well my site ftp shiz is acting up, it will be here when it stops being gayeeeeeeeeeeeeee

www.myslips.com/external/steven/12.hpl

Saturday, December 16, 2006 8:25 AM
I don't think that with just the head and trans work you'll be in the 11s Mid to low 12s for sure though.

Saturday, December 16, 2006 9:37 AM
at that boost level id say the head is pretty maxed out

but good to see yet another eco in the 12s

i cant wait to tune up philbert

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, December 16, 2006 9:55 AM
VERY NICE congrats man. liek they said stall it out! nothing will break youll be fine haha

The one, the only, ME.
Saturday, December 16, 2006 1:51 PM
Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:I don't think that with just the head and trans work you'll be in the 11s Mid to low 12s for sure though.

but when i have a built head and tranny (especially) i plan on boosting around 20-23psi thennnnnn hopefully i'll be in the 11's!!

Rodimus Prime wrote:at that boost level id say the head is pretty maxed out

but good to see yet another eco in the 12s

i cant wait to tune up philbert

yea I reached my goal with my set up, now im done until i have some more serious upgrades...

04eco wrote:VERY NICE congrats man. liek they said stall it out! nothing will break youll be fine haha

i'll play it safe well the tranny is built, it will have a stall, like a 3500RPM stall... lol, the people at the tranny place said i can choose my stall pretty much, so i havent really thought about it much recently...

Saturday, December 16, 2006 2:10 PM
If you need anything you know how to contact me

Saturday, December 16, 2006 7:50 PM
Damn man! Thats great! Congrats! Hopefully my car will get near that this next season.

14.261@ 95.45
Check out my car....
http://members.cardomain.com/o4blackfire
Saturday, December 16, 2006 8:02 PM
i pulled a 2.0 sixty foot on my 17" nittos with the 4t40e but that was at the best prepped surface and track Route 66 Raceway. Good job man and who do you plan on building your Transmission??? I have a Yank converter sitting here.

Dragracemyz24

Saturday, December 16, 2006 8:32 PM
damn man... thats so sweet... sounds amazing.. our heads max fast...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, December 16, 2006 9:28 PM
Freddy wrote:congrats, i realy shuld hav stayed

yep!

Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:If you need anything you know how to contact me

yep!!

o4blackfire wrote:Damn man! Thats great! Congrats! Hopefully my car will get near that this next season.

thanks! good luck next season!! here in florida all year round is season

Chupacabra wrote:i pulled a 2.0 sixty foot on my 17" nittos with the 4t40e but that was at the best prepped surface and track Route 66 Raceway. Good job man and who do you plan on building your Transmission??? I have a Yank converter sitting here.

i was hoping for a 2.0 or better, especially since i had dr's and not my 18inch low profile nankangs, lol... oh well! i got the 12, thats most important to me right now!!

QBE (The Boosted One) wrote:damn man... thats so sweet... sounds amazing.. our heads max fast...

yea... i need the patriot head, stage 2

Sunday, December 17, 2006 8:33 AM
Acer wrote:well my site ftp shiz is acting up, it will be here when it stops being gayeeeeeeeeeeeeee

www.myslips.com/external/steven/12.hpl

its up now

Sunday, December 17, 2006 8:35 AM
nvm.... hptuner logs sometimes delete a lot of the info when you save them for some reason... maybe it only happens to me, idk... but it looks like it completely wiped out any important info from the log

oh well...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search