Cameras and mounts - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cameras and mounts
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 8:29 AM
Wonderinf anyone here has a camera mounted in their car and if so what kind. Also where did you get your mount from.

I need to start making in car vids. LOL.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26

Re: Cameras and mounts
Tuesday, July 17, 2007 10:04 AM
www.stickypod.com

Awsome pieces of equipment! One of the guys in our racing club uses one on his Fiero.

Proud member of PreciZion

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 10:06 AM
Doh, that is the mount he is using. I have used my Canon SD750 for taking videos. Excellent quality.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 11:19 AM
Those are nice mounts but to be legal they have to be bolted or clamped down. Suction cups don't cut it when you have tough tech crews.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 5:07 PM
ill post pics of mine. bolts into the car..

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 8:48 PM
Couple pieces of angle stock, bolts and a spare swivel mount:

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 10:54 PM
Interesting Kardain.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 6:10 AM
I'm pretty sure I remember you saying that you have a roll cage. IO Port racing has this one:

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 5:45 PM
I saw that one, and it's my leading choice. Just wondering what else is out there that I'm not finding on my own.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 10:58 PM

i got it after i went to the track. my buddy used it on his crx. i have the videos if u wanna message me on msn.. their not all shakey either

http://www.myspace.com/15102113

12.5@116 2.0 60ft
Thursday, July 19, 2007 4:14 AM
Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:Those are nice mounts but to be legal they have to be bolted or clamped down. Suction cups don't cut it when you have tough tech crews.

Not sure what the reg's are in the U.S. for using a mount for racing, but here in Canada, more specifically A.R.M.S. (Atlantic Provines), you can use a sticky mount as long as you have two safety lines attached to it and mounted to a secure location. I only know this because I thought it was odd that you could use a sticky mount on a car. If it came off, it would become a projectile! lol

Kardain - I like your camera mount, I have all the parts home now to make one of those!

Monday, August 13, 2007 11:50 PM
I saw a cav/cobalt meet video that was long and boring as hell, but the guy mounted a camera in his driver side headlight area...got some pretty awesome footage...

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 12:30 AM
a couple of U bolts and if you have access to a welder and you can have a mount for $3. should be able to put that on your roll cage.

Monday, August 20, 2007 9:35 AM
there was an old car at the Truck Bash this year that had a camera mounted on the body of the car with two or three hevy duty looking suction cups. i didnt have my camera out so i didnt get any pics... but he had it mounted on the front first time i saw it, then on the trunk... lol the camera was pretty big (like an old school one) and had tubing holding it up which were attached to the suction cups.... looked like a car from a movie shoot. it was different.... kinda cool not sure if that would work for ya... but im on my lunch break and thought i'd share!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search