Pissed with the cav at the moment. - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pissed with the cav at the moment.
Friday, July 27, 2007 7:26 PM
Okay I got back from the track a lil bit ago and i'm not very thrilled with it. It was about a half second slower in the quater than the last time I ran it. Best of the night was a 17.244@ 79MPH, Best time before tonight was a 16.834 @ 81.08MPH

Current mod list
RSM Crank pulley
Autotrans interceptor
Upper and lower mounts
Megan racing catback
Eiback sportlines
Tokico d-specs
FE-1 Swaybar
17x7.5" wheels with 225-45-17 tires

Previous mods
Bomz short ram intake
TB spacer
Lower motor mount
Sprint lowering springs on stock struts with no sway bar
Steels with 185-65-14 tires on the front

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Re: Pissed with the cav at the moment.
Friday, July 27, 2007 9:40 PM
All I can say is motor swap,I ran a 16.7 first time with a stock 2.4 vert.(very heavy car).Go with a motor swap ,boost or juice.

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Friday, July 27, 2007 11:26 PM
your rims made the difference. steelies are by no means light, but lighter then most 17's nonetheless. rims make a world of differendce, my car ran consistant 15.8's with 17's, and consistant 15.4's with steelies.

also did you put the stock intake back on?? or????

Saturday, July 28, 2007 4:34 AM
Soo many things can be the problem. Track conditions, weather, and the fact you were on 17's and not steelies. This is why people should always set there cars up the same when going to the track so you can better compare.

FU Tuning

Saturday, July 28, 2007 7:19 AM
stock intake with the bong removed and the tuner tube removed in the 2200 box. I wanna wait till it's cooler out and go back and hopefully by then have my header installed and high flow cat and what not.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Saturday, July 28, 2007 10:43 AM
I am prolly gonna get a new front o2, new plugs and wires and fuel filter. Also have a exhaust leak at my flex pipe so it might not be helping me much.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Saturday, July 28, 2007 11:37 AM
Are you from DE? I think I saw your vids on DSR

97 Cavy Z24: Way to many kills to list
00 Camaro SS Vert: Bolt ons
Saturday, July 28, 2007 11:49 AM
The exhaust will help you quite a bit. Do a tuneup if you havent in a while, and go back to the track with the steelies, and make sure thers nothing extra in the car.

that should bring your times down considerably.
Saturday, July 28, 2007 12:06 PM
Yea its the rims, throw the steelies on the front and run it like that.
Saturday, July 28, 2007 1:14 PM
Still better off with all 4 steelies.

Saturday, July 28, 2007 1:50 PM
Yeah i'm from delaware. I wanna be able to make a pass in the 15's with boltons only. I'll be happy even if it's a 15.999.

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Saturday, July 28, 2007 2:33 PM
The01Cav wrote:Yeah i'm from delaware. I wanna be able to make a pass in the 15's with boltons only. I'll be happy even if it's a 15.999.

Sorry I do not think you will do that with a NA 2200. Unless you build it. 5 speed 2200 NA no problem.

FU Tuning

Saturday, July 28, 2007 6:35 PM
Does the E85 ethonal fuel rob much power????? I also didnt have that the time I ran it last year.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Friday, September 07, 2007 12:45 AM
if your running ethanol.. no wonder you have an exhaust leak first of all.. and make sure your careful with it.. too much and engine = boom. You race at cecil county? I used to live in wilmington, so i know the track somewhat. If youve got a 200+ Lb Audio system in the back, make sure you remove it, lol. Anyway, best of luck man. Oh.. i forgot about the flex leak, if its where the collector meets the flex pipe, try removing the heat shield and seeing if the top bolt is missing.. my motor had that problem like a week ago. Good luck.
Friday, September 07, 2007 2:13 AM
The fact that you were running smaller wheels probably has the most to do with your times. Not only are your 17" heavier, they could have possibly affected your gearing. I would be p!ssed too if my car ran a 17.

Friday, September 07, 2007 11:22 AM
i think your auto tranny is hurting you for one, along with what others have said about your rims...

what are your 60fts? launching make the biggest difference..

Friday, September 07, 2007 11:34 AM
its the rims

I rocked the track with 2 16" chromies in the rear (LS sport wheels) and 2 15" steelies in the front with my drag radials and I was about .2 consistently slower unsprung weight makes a huge difference, even in the rear wheels.

rock all 4 steelies whenever you race the track, or just deal with the slower times to look better. It sucks, but unfortunately most larger rims yield more weight and slower track times.

lightweight 15" rims all around would be ideal for drag racing

Friday, September 07, 2007 12:04 PM
damn.... and all this time I thought my faster times where from the turbo...... here it was because I went from my 18"s to a set of DR's on 16"s........

Next time out, pull your serp belt off..... (do a run with it on, and one with it off..... I dropped .5 from my 1/4 mile time doing that with my old automatic)

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Saturday, September 08, 2007 3:44 PM
I too will have to try rocking steelies next time...who knows when that will be.

Sunday, September 09, 2007 2:43 PM
what kind of steelies are we talking about like stock j 15; steelies and what kind of tires should i put on..i really think my 16s are hurting my times they way a tone

Friday, September 14, 2007 5:02 PM
Yeah the fuel in delaware is mixed with E85, Also the flex pipe is the source of my leak as it's got a split in it. I didn't have a audio system in it. The temps were extremely hot with high humidity. It will go with the steels on it next time though!

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search