How am i doing? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How am i doing?
Wednesday, August 08, 2007 5:13 PM
Just went to a 1/8 mile bracket racing event at a local Air Strip and wanted to know how my times fare out.

I ran a best of a 10.146 @ 73.571MPH with a best MPH of 73.769

Mods were a AEM CAI, Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cat (Catco) and 2 1/4 compression bent (no mandrel anywhere near my place :S ) header back exhaust to a borla turbo muffler and a B&M Short Shifter.

The car was stock weight and minus spare tire and jack.

I was also running a set of all season 14 inch tires and rims, my best 60 FOOT was a 2.257. I was reving to about 3000RPM and trying to slip the clutch, but most of time i got nervous and just dropped it, spinning all the way through first. (Track as also kinda damp as it was drizzing on and off all day)

How is everyone else launching?

This was done in a 2005 Sunfire 5sp. base model, with the exception of A/C and tilt steering.

I had a great time regardless, best part of the day was lining up with some dude in an RX8 that was chuckling at my car earlier in the day and running a 10.1 to his 10.5

Thanks for any info i can get

Re: How am i doing?
Wednesday, August 08, 2007 6:51 PM
not too shabby...2.2 in wet conditions isn't horrible I suppose...RX8's aren't known for bottom end power hehe. handling though....lets just say you're better off not trying

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search