Just curious - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Just curious
Saturday, August 18, 2007 10:42 AM
So i went to the strip last night and ended up running a 10.8 at 66.66, thats for an 1/8th mile btw, don't have a quarter mile around here.
I've got an Rksport 4-2-1 header thats leaking a little, high flow cat, res. and a cat back for exhaust. intake side all i have is a wai, i,ve got the b&m shift plus (yes it's an auto) and the upper ttr and rk lower engine mounts. I've got 17's on it (pretty sure its hurting the time).
Never ran it at the track before, how is that for a time?

Re: Just curious
Saturday, August 18, 2007 2:28 PM
What was your 60' Time? That will tell a lot

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Saturday, August 18, 2007 3:01 PM
I don't know to be honest, i only got one run in, and they weren't giving out time slips. It was just a smoke 'em line up and go.
Sunday, August 19, 2007 11:17 AM
Well, I would think that 10.8 could be significantly better. But from the sounds of things part of that could be poor track prep.

I know around a 10.2 in the 1/8th usually comes out to pretty close to a 16.00 second run in these cars. They're usually capable of that stock.

Frankly, if you want to go bad enough, pull the 17s off, and hit up a decent 1/4 mile strip. That's going to be the best way to know anything for sure.

Sunday, August 19, 2007 6:12 PM
Yeah thats what got me, because i used one of those calculator for e.t.s online and i was like 16.2 seconds? wtf?
Monday, August 20, 2007 7:01 PM
thats not incredibly horrible for a first timer in an auto.... the 17's are killin ya especially if they are heavy... and not racing a lot at the track is def hurtin ya. Practice makes perfect =D

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search