dirt track stock car with a quad 4 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
dirt track stock car with a quad 4
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 9:05 PM
i have a quad 4 in a z24 ber.. but a couple of year ago hi blow the head twice on it there expensive hi was only driving on street now wont to race dirt with it wat would you do to keep the head from blowing up and wat else would you do to the motor for power can hi get a better head on thanks need some reply my winter project

Re: dirt track stock car with a quad 4
Wednesday, August 22, 2007 6:18 AM
I did a port and polish on my stock head and it made a world of difference. Rebuild the head and p&p it and you shall fly if you are a all stock class I took my intake tube and cut a huge hole in the bottom of it and covered it with a cut up k&n filter and it lets it breath unrestricted. Also match up you exhaust mani with the head is a good good thing to!
Wednesday, August 22, 2007 6:38 AM
Why do you say hi instead of I? That confused the crap out of me until I figured what you meant.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Wednesday, August 22, 2007 12:44 PM
sorry guys i am french sometime hard time with word wat cause the head to blow 2 time just by driving the car in the street normal day driving park it for many year i would like to turn it in to a stock car if i can cure that problem sorry again thanks for the reply
Friday, August 24, 2007 9:12 AM
Well, the 2 biggest things would be to get the head shaved and the block decked just only enough for both to be flat though. You should have the head pressure checked too, to make sure it isn't cracked.

Beyond that, just letting the engine warm up before beating on it will help out your head gasket issues too.

Friday, August 24, 2007 9:38 AM
Denis, trouve toi un gasket de tete Felpro ou Victor Reinz SEULEMENT. Lautre chose a faire, cest une switch pour la fan de radiateur. Si tu laisse le moteur chauffer, tu va sauter les gasket a toute les fois.

Le secret cest davoir une tete planner, un bon gasket de tete et de garder le moteur frais.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Friday, August 24, 2007 4:12 PM
French.... dident we (the US) have to save there ass's in 2 world wars?

WTF did you just say?

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Saturday, August 25, 2007 3:03 AM
I told him to get a Felpro or Victor Reinz head gasket and to keep the engine cool. If he let it get hotter than what the thermostat is, it will blow another head gasket.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Saturday, August 25, 2007 10:35 PM
Hey, do you have a AZWN def. file, or one for AULA?

i found a OLD GM Tec bulliten that said to use a 160* t-stat. thats what i am using in my GTZ. runs good. Victor Reinz is the company that made the OE head gaskits for GM.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Monday, August 27, 2007 7:44 AM
I pulled my t-stat out. I ended up putting a 7/8th inch restrictor in it to get some heat in it
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search