Accelerometer vs Drag Strip?? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Accelerometer vs Drag Strip??
Saturday, September 15, 2007 5:37 AM
OK I have a question.

I won't be able to find out until next may when the drag strip near me opens up again sooo...

Does anyone here besides me have a Gtech in there car?
I'm wondering if anyone has ever used a Gtech at a drag strip to test it's accuracy.

Back when I first bought my Gtech 2 SS it was showing 1/4 mile times equal to what the car should be running.
(15.8 to 16.2 range when the car was pretty much stock)

Now that I've gone through the car and fixed pretty much everything to where the car runs perfect and started modding it, I'm showing elapsed times that are faster than most people think my car should be running.

I know that people that own them, swear by them, but I'm wondering if anyone as compared the readout of a Gtech to a time slip to find out for sure.

They did this on the Gtech web site (video and all), and it came out exactly the same. I'm kinda looking for someone that has done this who isn't working for the company that makes them... ie you guys.

A lot of people here give me crap for using it, but all my information says it's highly accurate.

Anyone that can either POSITIVELY confirm or deny this please let me know thanx.

Re: Accelerometer vs Drag Strip??
Monday, September 17, 2007 8:24 AM
i've seen people use it at the strip and being damn near exact with the timeslip. i've seen others do the same thing and be off also.

i'd use it as a baseline estimate until you can get to the track. nothing more, nothing less.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Re: Accelerometer vs Drag Strip??
Tuesday, September 18, 2007 4:13 AM
^^ Thanx.. thats pretty much all I use it for. Even if it's off a little, it will still let me know if doing something made a difference or not.. I can't wait until the tracks start opening again next spring so I can get something concreate.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search