prelude vs 2.2eco cavalier - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
prelude vs 2.2eco cavalier
Sunday, September 09, 2007 5:57 PM
Went to the track today with a group of friends just to piss around nothing better to do. It was a 00 civic, 93 prelude, cobalt, 02 eclipse.

I raced the civic prelude and eclipse and won all, seeing that the eclipse has a blow clutch.

The big thing i was surprised about was that i beat the 3.1 prelude non vtec? The car is running great that we know of and i even had more weight on top of him? I dont see why a 3.1 prelude would lose to the ecotec?

The prelude doesnt have anything done to it. It's bone stock.

The cavalier has a lower motor mount, a vibrant catback, and a dc sport 4-1 header. But with the added weight of 2 12' subs and dual sub box, amp, capacitor and all that other neat stuff you do to the audio system. I still won?

Is it normal for a 3.1 to lose to a 2.2? Could we blame the mods for it or should we be looking at something else?

I beat him in both acceleration from the start and i had more pull for 40 and up.. We stayed neck and neck till we hit 40 and he took off before me and i still pulled ahead of him. It's close at first but after i get going he doesnt stand a chance?

I unfortunately did not get to race the cobalt . its stock as well with no s/c and i woulda loved to seen how close it was. I'm not quite sure as to the engine in it.. Would i pull over a cobalt or would the balt have it? I know its unreasonable to ask but curiosity kills. I dont expect anything set in stone.

- 2003 CHEVY CAVALIER LS SPORT ECOTEC -

- Current Mods -
-- Vibrant Exhaust & DC Sport Header --
-- Lower Motor Mount & TTR Upper Motor Mount --
-- B&M ShiftPlus & Vibrant Front STB --
-- K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake --

RIP DAD<3 We love & miss you so much!

Re: prelude vs 2.2eco cavalier
Sunday, September 09, 2007 6:08 PM
a 3.1 prelude?

i heard of B20,H22/F23 ludes. but a H/F31? now thats a stroker kit!

you probley raced a F23 lude. yes it is normal to win.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Sunday, September 09, 2007 6:20 PM
You should have no problem beating a cobalt. Even if you where bone stock and the cobalt (2.2) was also you would beat him. I have never raced a 3.1 predlude, I tried looking up some info on the prelude but they never made it with the 3.1 for that year or any year, was it swapped? but i have raced a 99 SI and had no problem beating it.
So these are all of the better engines in the car so if it was non vtec they would most likely be slower times.
here are some stock times 1/4 mile.
1991 Honda Prelude Si 4WS 8.8 16.4 (prelude3g.com)
1992 Honda Prelude Si 4WS 7.8 15.9
1994 Honda Prelude VTEC 7.2 15.1
1995 Honda Prelude VTEC 6.7 15.1

Sunday, September 09, 2007 6:21 PM
idk what engine it was. I know theres a tag saying 3.1 liters. we couldn't find the engine type anywhere

- Current Mods -

Sunday, September 09, 2007 6:22 PM
I had a 92 prelude with the F22B1 SOHC Vtec, intake,header,exhaust,short throw. and it was no were near as fast off the line as my 4 door Z24 auto. so I can believe that you beat a F23 non vtec there not that fast at all.

Sunday, September 09, 2007 6:47 PM
i was shocked since the tag said 3.1 liter when mines only a 2.2. It probably was a f23.

Heres another question. 2.2eco vs. 92 or 93 civic hatchback si?

My brother seems to want to find a car that will beat mine and claims this kids car would. It's modded idk what but it has some minor mods.

I'll have to give it a go and find out for sure.

- Current Mods -

Sunday, September 09, 2007 7:56 PM
RFOGALX wrote:i was shocked since the tag said 3.1 liter when mines only a 2.2. It probably was a f23.

My brother seems to want to find a car that will beat mine and claims this kids car would. It's modded idk what but it has some minor mods.

lighter car + more HP + better gearing = good chance you will lose... considering the driver knows how to drive, that is.

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Sunday, September 09, 2007 8:01 PM
RFOGALX wrote:i was shocked since the tag said 3.1 liter when mines only a 2.2. It probably was a f23.

I think you should be ok. If they are pretty much stock like no forced induction or spraying or built engine you should be ok. Like I said earlier my buddy has a 99 Si and it was close but i still beat him.

Monday, September 10, 2007 10:57 AM
Brian Whalen wrote:

lighter car + more HP + better gearing = good chance you will lose... considering the driver knows how to drive, that is.

my bad, I thought they introduced the B-series to the American market by then. Unless they have done a motor swap, then I don't see you having too much trouble.

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Monday, September 10, 2007 11:37 AM
Brian Whalen wrote:
Brian Whalen wrote:

my bad, I thought they introduced the B-series to the American market by then. Unless they have done a motor swap, then I don't see you having too much trouble.

You should Beat the 92-95 Si Hatch. only 125 hp and 100 tq.But if Modded good, it may stick with you or beat ya.(SHOULD) I have that motor myself. its only a Single Cam Motor its a D16Z6. and about that Prelude.. that wierd, if it had an H22, it prolly would have put something on you. but im no sure.. i wanted to race one myself to see where i stand at.. But i raced th new 06 Si and i stuck right with it until the Vtec kicked in

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 9:30 PM
yeah you shoudl have beat all them...and last time i went to the track i ran a guy wiht a 94 h22 with minor mods and i had intake and exhaust and i pulled off the line and then he came dead even to me thats about it....

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/maxxracer23/ModdinArtSignature.gif[/IMG]

Thursday, September 20, 2007 8:17 PM
if the hatch back has a h22 euro type r motor in it idunno wut the outcome would be against the cavalier there is a couple of them that i kno of that i would like to race and if i win ill let u know but last time i saw an h22 hatch racing against the 5.0 stang the stang took the lead but the civic handed his ass to him civics stock against a cavalier z24 which is stock as well cavy would be the winner
Thursday, September 20, 2007 9:09 PM
If the lude wasnt an si it should have been an h23. I dont know where the hell you got a 3.1 from unless it had something from a 3.1 acura under the hood somehow.

What kind of civic was the 00?
The non ss cobalts are pretty damn slow, you shoulda beat him if you raced.
Was the eclipse a v6 or 2.4? Either of them are both pretty damn slow lol as well.

So what kinda times did you run?

And whats done to your buddies eg hatch? Stock motor or swapped? Stock depending on the mods it will be close.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search