Ecotec 1st run - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec 1st run
Friday, November 16, 2007 10:42 PM
I picked up a 2004 Cav base coupe with only AC as an option. It is a one owner with just 25K miles. So I changed the fluids over to synthetic and headed to the track for some base runs before the turbo. I pulled the spare tire for a little weight and the rest was intact including the two car seats LOL. Here is what happened, I was stunned that it was faster than my 02 Z24 even spinning through first and some wheel hop in second.

RT .9671 .6047
60' 2.4607 2.5824
330' 6.7108 6.8808
1/4 15.8134 15.9892
1/4 87.21 87.57

Re: Ecotec 1st run
Saturday, November 17, 2007 7:25 AM
nice man, i ran a 16.0 at 86 with a 2.4 60ft on my first run. get that 60 down you will be in the 15.5 range

Saturday, November 17, 2007 11:11 AM
I did notice that when I dropped my 60' time by a tenth my 1/4 mile time also dropped a tenth. If I could have pulled a 2.2 60' time I would have run a 15.61, LOL.
Saturday, November 17, 2007 12:56 PM
Nice runs! Those are decent times. You just need some tweaking here and there and a better launch and you'll be in the low/mid 15's in no time!

Soooo.... the eco is faster than the old 2.4 huh.... hmmm interesting...lol

Ecotec for life!

2004 Cavalier
13.2@105........
Mods...
BFG Drag Radials
Saab Turbo kit
2.5 exhaust, w/cutout
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch
Saturday, November 17, 2007 9:56 PM
Edward Christie wrote:I picked up a 2004 Cav base coupe with only AC as an option.

A/C is not an option, is standard on all 03+

also is that a 5-speed or an auto?

it seems a little bit slow for a 5-speed but quick for an auto

Sunday, November 18, 2007 10:38 AM
I wasn't sure if AC was an option. It is a 5 speed and it may seem slow but I am sure that the 60' time is the reason, 1/4 mile is all about traction which I had little. The MPH I thought was good it trapped over 1mph faster than my 02 Z24.
Monday, November 19, 2007 7:57 PM
Quote:

A/C is not an option, is standard on all 03+

I have a 2003 Base J-body, and I asked for no A/C, and I dont have A/C.....

I think ..... that may mean its an option?

"Go Before Show Yo."
CARCUSTOMS.NET, THE BEST SERVICE ON THE ORG!!!
Wednesday, November 21, 2007 11:45 AM
drop those 60' times down and you should see your mph go up and a better e/t

what RPM are you shifting at?

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 12:13 PM
lol....i just bought a 2000 z24 2.4 about 2 months ago.... i havent took it to the 1/4 yet ...but in a 1/8 my best time is 9.5.....i NEVER LOST to a ecotech yet.. soo how can those be faster? but i am not all stock.......but when i was stock i was running 10.00 in a 1/8
Wednesday, November 21, 2007 12:49 PM
David Tyler wrote:lol....i just bought a 2000 z24 2.4 about 2 months ago.... i havent took it to the 1/4 yet ...but in a 1/8 my best time is 9.5.....i NEVER LOST to a ecotech yet.. soo how can those be faster? but i am not all stock.......but when i was stock i was running 10.00 in a 1/8

thats cuz t hey dont exist

FOR SALE: (5) '95-'99 Z24 Rims
Wednesday, November 21, 2007 12:58 PM
Quote:

David Tyler
Today 3:13 PM

lol....i just bought a 2000 z24 2.4 about 2 months ago.... i havent took it to the 1/4 yet ...but in a 1/8 my best time is 9.5.....i NEVER LOST to a ecotech yet.. soo how can those be faster? but i am not all stock.......but when i was stock i was running 10.00 in a 1/8

you must be racing all the piss-slow ones.. my ohv used to run 10s in the 1/8

I chock it up to lack of experience for the OP, once he gets used to the car, the times should drop dramatically.

2.5 60'? I can run faster than that... with more practice the OPs car should be capable of a 2.2 or faster easy!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 1:10 PM
nope thats how i found about this website......i beat this guy that own a ecotec and he gave me his number.......I WILL DAWG THE hell out of the eco any day of the week....all i really got is a (header) a STRAIGHT pipe all away back a intake manifold a cold air and a throttle body spacer.....but even before i did all that crap to the car i still beat the ecos....
Wednesday, November 21, 2007 1:20 PM
David Tyler wrote:nope thats how i found about this website......i beat this guy that own a ecotec and he gave me his number.......I WILL DAWG THE hell out of the eco any day of the week....all i really got is a (header) a STRAIGHT pipe all away back a intake manifold a cold air and a throttle body spacer.....but even before i did all that crap to the car i still beat the ecos....

a 9.5 in the 1/8 mile isn't fast DAWG...

Thursday, November 22, 2007 3:15 PM
ummm i think sooo......even tho a stock gt mustang run 9.7.......stock gsr runs 9.9......u talking about a non turbo car DAWG......I AM JUST SAYING THE 2.2 IS NOTHING BUT J.U.N.K.
Thursday, November 22, 2007 3:53 PM
^^ You're a moron. There is a reason motors are phased out. Just because you beat a few Eco's, doesn't mean they are all slow. Stock for stock, LD9's and Eco's are usually a driver's race. Maybe you just drive better than the Eco's you've raced. Or maybe you're just a total @!#$ing liar. Either way, chock it up to "who gives a damn" - Your argument is not what this thread is about...

Thursday, November 22, 2007 4:13 PM
David Tyler wrote:ummm i think sooo......even tho a stock gt mustang run 9.7.......stock gsr runs 9.9......u talking about a non turbo car DAWG......I AM JUST SAYING THE 2.2 IS NOTHING BUT J.U.N.K.

Good god you are a retard. Go play in traffic

------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, November 22, 2007 9:34 PM
go play in traffic sticking up for ur boyfriend? all i am trying to say is are pay 8k for a eco car and u can get a z28 for 4k? even THO THE Z24 LOOKS BETTER i think and they are faster
Thursday, November 22, 2007 10:00 PM
David Tyler wrote:ummm i think sooo......even tho a stock gt mustang run 9.7.......stock gsr runs 9.9......u talking about a non turbo car DAWG......I AM JUST SAYING THE 2.2 IS NOTHING BUT J.U.N.K.

I haven't run turbo yet... my eco runs 8.9s in the 1/8 all motor asswipe LOL

you're a retard

Friday, November 23, 2007 11:50 AM
8.9? in a 1/8 i thing ur full of @!#$ u fuk tard......i will bet u that my car will dawg the @!#$ of ur 2.2 eco
Friday, November 23, 2007 5:36 PM
hahahahaha david. shut up. you will die at the hands of the skwirl

Friday, November 23, 2007 5:37 PM
first off, don't undersestimate the squirrel. that is all I will say to that.

as for the thread subject,

I have not had a chance to take mine to the track yet. all I have is mounts really. while practicing launching in "mexico" and hyway merging in "mexico" I have found that shifting 1-2 at 6k and 2-3 and 3-4 at 5600 feels the best. I still need to track prove it though. if I go over 5600 in any gear but 1st it really feels like it flattens out. and since 1-2 is such a wide split overreving 1st a little seems to hit me back in the powerband nicely when I shift 2nd

don't flame me yet, I still have to track test this thing

------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
Those so naive, so hard headed, so narcissistic, that think that buy their own efforts can single handedly change the world, are always the ones that do.

Saturday, November 24, 2007 2:19 PM
WOW! ok all you have to do is click on skwirls profile and then click on his car and it will show time slips and if you still don't comprehend then you can scroll down and watch the video of his car running that time. He unlike YOU has proof that his car is fast.
Saturday, November 24, 2007 4:22 PM
ok i think davids done. ducking fumb

Saturday, November 24, 2007 5:17 PM
I dont think that is all that bad for a first time at the track. The first time I went to the track with my 00 Z in stock form I only got a 16.1 at about 87. I have never been back to the track with a stock car since (I dont count my 98 at the bash because I was afraid of damaging it to much, just put a brand new trans in want it to last).

Just work on the 60' and play around with shift RPM until you get your car figured out.

Dont worry about that @!#$tard DAWGin on the ECO. I may join in the ECO/LD9 rivalry a bit but an appreciate both.

P.S. stock for stock the Eco does seem to do just a little bit better at the track. Have seen it happen to many times.

Saturday, November 24, 2007 7:47 PM
i guess i can drive better then all ecos cause i just got done beating one of the streeeeeeet...i beat him at least 2 cars and he took off first..................it dont mattttter what u fuk tards say.....if a 2.2 is faster then a 2.4 then ur saying a HONDA CIVIC IS FASTER THEN A ACURA GSR.....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search