Ecotec 1st run - Page 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Ecotec 1st run
Saturday, November 24, 2007 8:36 PM
Please do us all a favor and run into a tree when you get a chance.

Oh and i saw a Civic beat a Type R at the track, all depends on the motor in it.

I have seen in person Eco put down the same numbers on a dyno as 2.4Ls did and the ECO is lighter. If you beat them then it comes down to the driver or your car is just so uber freaking fast that it makes time stand still. sarcasm[size=default]

But seriously do us a favor and remove your self from the gene pool.

Saturday, November 24, 2007 9:59 PM
Here is a comparison of my stock 02 Z24 vs my stock 04 Cavalier. These are the best times from both.

Ecotec Z24
Reaction .9671 .5382
60' 2.4607 2.3966
330' 6.7108 6.6991
1/4 15.8134 15.9360
1/4 87.21 86.19

This is both with the spare tires pulled. Z24 had less than 1/4 tank of gas, Ecoted had 3/4 tank all else was equal. I had a horrible 60' time but caught my Z24 by the 330' and pulled away down track. In my humble opinion I believe that having a no option Ecotec makes me faster than the Z24, however with all the options the Ecotec would be slower. Take what you want from this comparison, it doesn't matter the Z24 has the GM supercharger now and stomps my Ecotec........for now.
Saturday, November 24, 2007 11:50 PM
Wow. lol I just wasted like 5 minutes reading this idiotic thread.

David. Pleasse shut up. The skwirl would kill you in a race. I would've probably smoked you BEFORE I put in the turbo. You sound like a 16yr old kid that beat a couple of automatic Eco's. Congrats! I can't begin to describe how stupid I think you are. Please leave the eco vs ld9 debate to people with atleast half a brain. Thanks

To the original poster... I am sorry your thread turned into a crapshoot.

Nice runs.

2004 Cavalier
13.2@105........
Mods...
BFG Drag Radials
Saab Turbo kit
2.5 exhaust, w/cutout
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch
Sunday, November 25, 2007 2:50 AM
mmmmmmkay,

I tried to keep this on the topic to no avail.

david, I am sure you won those races. when I had my auto LN2 modded with only my dremel tool I was waxing ALOT of people. when I had my 88 t-bird 3.8 v6 I was waxing v8's long before super six motorsports was ever heard of. I had to fabricate all my own parts on that thing. on the street is a very rough comparison and alot comes down to driver and experience.

HOWEVER....

if you took a stock eco and a stock ld9 and strapped them both to a dyno, yes, the ld9 would out muscle the eco. however, the eco is lighter. being they both respond about the same to mods the major difference I see is in the future of either motor. eco based motors are used in a wide variety of vehicles, a wide varietiy of FAST vehicles and will continue to be for the forseeable future. therefore aftermarket and support will only continue to grow. which is why when given the option I chose eco.

in your area mabey there aren't any fast ecos, but when you stop looking at mod for mod, driver for driver and look at the big picture, eco's are outrunning ld9's.

david, I am not trying to shoot you down, I am trying to help you here. and if you are in central texas I got an up and comming eco that will make you think twice.

------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
Those so naive, so hard headed, so narcissistic, that think that buy their own efforts can single handedly change the world, are always the ones that do.
Sunday, November 25, 2007 12:16 PM
well all i have to say is i guess i am a really good driver then......
Monday, November 26, 2007 4:14 AM
lol i woke up...and some fukers stole my blinker look at the pics i took

go there

myspace.com/dtyler18
Monday, November 26, 2007 11:20 AM
guys guys.....he's a kickass driver! I mean....LOOK AT HIS TACH!!!! THE UB3R GAUGES LOOK GOOD TOO!

BAWDY KIT N RIMS IZ TYTE T00!!!

ERR WAIT...YOU PAINTED YOUR WHEELS LOL and it doesn't look good either...at all

go get that honda back you sold....that way you can quit making us look bad

i can't get over these pimp ass spray painted interiors....

Monday, November 26, 2007 11:25 AM
STRAIGHT THUGGGGGIN IT!

Monday, November 26, 2007 11:37 AM
theres a diff with the wheels spray paint? power coated.....thats how i bought the car.....i wish i could get my acura back
Monday, November 26, 2007 11:42 AM
paul, you crack me the hell up.

pj would rock you david, there are alot of, if not almost all n/a ecos on here that would beat you in a race. come to the bash in july next year and we will see..

Monday, November 26, 2007 3:54 PM
2 be truefull idk if i am going to keep the cavy that long.....most of the time i just buy cars fix them up then sell them.....but if i still have the cavy then hell yea i go 2 the bash next year.....ok ok u guys are right the ecos are pretty fast....i just got done racing another eco from a car club and i was slowly starting to pull a way.....i guess it just might be the driver

Monday, December 10, 2007 6:54 PM
I might be late on this butt...first thing is that stupid is as stupid does...and I dont know the squarrel personaly but one thing that i do know his eco kicks ass ...try making a non turbo gsr run 14.00.. you cant my buddy son has a gsr and it is just as slow as my 2.4 z.. he only runz a 15.4. and head 2 head i would give up my 2.4 any day if some one would help me swap a eco in my car.. but its a pain in the a@#.. only because i have a 97.. to much work..but i guess that is all i have to say for know.....

Friday, December 14, 2007 10:15 PM
ECOTEC wrote:Soooo.... the eco is faster than the old 2.4 huh.... hmmm interesting...lol

uhhh......no - and as for the OP who couldn't get his tires to spin through first and into second needs to get a new LD9 then cause I can do it all day long.

It honestly is so close it turns into a drivers race but all things equal an LD9 will win just by looking at the numbers....its got the eco by 10hp and 5ft/lbs - thats no alot, but when were only talking about 140hp total....its a pretty good percentage!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, December 14, 2007 10:20 PM
Wednesday, January 09, 2008 1:46 PM
Hey David !

When and IF you ever beat PJ then i might think about racing you, PJ Fred and I have invested ALOT of $$$ into our cars to have fun and yes beat mustangs camaros and firebirds. We all can run high 8 sec 1/8 on any given day!

We WILL see your a$$ at the bash, second thought maybe not !
Wednesday, January 09, 2008 9:25 PM
wow ben im so glad you brought this topic back to the top, it was a hilarious read up until paul's post. I lost it. classic

Also.... i doubt this david person could handle the fury of da Skwirl

---

Saturday, January 12, 2008 6:20 AM
haha i have a 2.4 and trust me the 2.4 stock is better but the things you can do to an eco are unlimmited .us ld9 guys have limited resources on what we can do. . the ecos have more potential no doubt.all the 4 cyl gm race cars have the eco obviously it is a better motor in the long run. haha this post is funny.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2623318

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search