Another J-Body Match Race like TVR held last year? - Page 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Another J-Body Match Race like TVR held last year?
Tuesday, February 05, 2008 9:42 AM
Skunk - REBORN 4/08 wrote:When? Route 66 has impossible tech to pass from what I hear. Byron is usually a breeze.

Only if your car is a POS and not built to the proper specs for the times and speeds it runs.....

Anyways...

Me and Brandon are looking to put something together at THE BASH as an alternative to the all out racing, just so everyone can get involved. I have also been looking into setting up another meet at a track that would be like the Shootout but not titled as such. I was even thinking of AFTER the bash when the temps are really cool down in the Byron area, even during the day.

It all depends on if this new job I'm seeking pans out or not though. If it does I'll be busy for 24 weekends this year Anyone good can figure out what that means HEHE.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 10:50 AM
DaFlyinSkwirl (PJ) - APU wrote:May would run into dells

JUNE IT IS!

PJ, your gonna need to get a vacation home out this way. lol.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Tuesday, February 05, 2008 2:16 PM
Adam Hahn wrote:I don't care when personally, but I think I would like to do this little event first...Kind of like a little taste of the Bash.

Paul, the reason we (Or at least I) want to hold this little event is for the racers. Unfortunately, the GM Bash is full of street cars that destroy the starting line in an hour. Leaving no rubber for the cars that need it to run some good times. At Byron on a Test N Tune or a bracket day with fun runs, there be plenty of cars with slicks laying down some rubber to keep the track traction healthy and everyone has a better chance of busting off a big number. Not to mention the heat and humidity in July is much worse than May or even June.

Skunk, Yes 66 has NHRA techs and therefore you must comply to all NHRA rules, which is a reason why Byron is the track we are going to.

Let me know the weekends that work for you guys. The weekend of June 28th and 29th works good for me. The girlfriend will be in Italy for the week before and that weekend so I will have plenty of time to prepare and race .

x2, i dont think that having it whenever would hurt both. Have it april, may, whenever. If people want to race bad enough, then they will. i will since its close for me. And it gives me an idea on what i need to improve at the bash.

Either way Adam, id like to meet you and see the car for darn sure. id love to see the car run for sure. Also i know i could use some tips and tricks from you guys as well!

Curtis, Yes i have been there for super chevy and been through tech with my dad. its 100% NHRA, only because so much breaks and goes wrong that they want everything to be up to specs to keep everything moving along. I dont blame them for being so picky and going over the car with a fine tooth comb. They go into deep detail, granted they have insurance but it goes above and beyond that. this summer im going to be able to work there with a guy on the fire department in the pits and he said its insane what they go though. but its the best thing for other racers and best thing for the track themself.

Adam, let me know when your going. ill pm you my number to get ahold of me, even if i dont have my car, id love to watch.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 2:23 PM
Quote:

Only if your car is a POS and not built to the proper specs for the times and speeds it runs.....

Good point, but if you've never ran your car, you really have no clue what it's going to run. I know there will probably be some people there that will have a genral idea but have not ran their cars w/ the upgrades they have done all winter.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 4:37 PM
Adam, that makes perfect sense You think you can make the bash this year? I'm with vince, I wanna see the car run! But since I'm so far away, I probably will only be able to attend 1 event. Time will tell

I hopefully will have an idea friday what day I can use for my event so we can be sure not to schedule same weekends.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 5:08 PM
Skunk - REBORN 4/08 wrote:
Quote:

Good point, but if you've never ran your car, you really have no clue what it's going to run. I know there will probably be some people there that will have a genral idea but have not ran their cars w/ the upgrades they have done all winter.

If your building a car and don't have any idea what it should run and what the safety specs are that you should be building it to then you shouldn't be building a car. A good plan is the start of every build.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 7:18 PM
Hypsy and Skunk, take it elsewhere please.

I do plan on making the bash this year. I would like to meet everyone again... It was definitely a good time last time. I'm thinking that June 28th or 29th will be the date for this little get together though. If anyone has some big concerns, let me know!

Street-Legal 2003 Sunfire 10.58 @ 139 MPH
Tuesday, February 05, 2008 9:35 PM
sounds good, i should be there

Tuesday, February 05, 2008 10:08 PM
Adam Hahn wrote:Hypsy and Skunk, take it elsewhere please.

I do plan on making the bash this year. I would like to meet everyone again... It was definitely a good time last time. I'm thinking that June 28th or 29th will be the date for this little get together though. If anyone has some big concerns, let me know!

So Byron the weekend of the 28th? Seems good enough.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Thursday, February 07, 2008 1:29 PM
Skunk wrote:Is there some reason that you keep saying @!#$ to me. Did I say anthing negative towards you...I'm thinking no. Is there a reason for you online bitching or is it just that time of the month for you?

Where did I say anything to you jackass besides right here? Everything I said was in general terms. You must real issues if you think everything I say is directed at you.

Thursday, February 07, 2008 7:23 PM
let it go already...

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!

Friday, February 08, 2008 10:20 AM
Hypsy (The Trucking One) wrote:
Skunk wrote:Is there some reason that you keep saying @!#$ to me. Did I say anthing negative towards you...I'm thinking no. Is there a reason for you online bitching or is it just that time of the month for you?

Where did I say anything to you jackass besides right here? Everything I said was in general terms. You must real issues if you think everything I say is directed at you.

Hypsy's back

Friday, February 08, 2008 2:17 PM
Wrench Monkey wrote:
Hypsy (The Trucking One) wrote:

Hypsy's back

Had to start some @!#$ while I was back on 4 days vaca

Monday, February 11, 2008 7:15 AM
Im down, I was at the one at GLD so I have no reason not to come to the one that is in IL....although I would prefer 66 but thats just because I live like 15 minutes from 66...Byron it is, can't wait to see you guys again. Maybe ill have my motor built by then...prolly not though.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search