4 door auto cross cavi - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
4 door auto cross cavi
Thursday, February 14, 2008 7:17 PM
would it be worth modifing a 4 door for auto cross?

Re: 4 door auto cross cavi
Thursday, February 14, 2008 8:14 PM
Sure! Its worth it to at least try autox anyway, with or without mods. In fact, as long as your car is in working order, trying it totaly stock is probably the best way right off the bat. If you do a couple or three and find its something you realy like, some better summer only type tires would allow some more learning and let you go faster. From there, you can decide what class you want to run and how to modify it for that class.

13.934 @ 97.82 ALL MOTOR
Friday, February 15, 2008 10:40 AM
is there anything i would have to do to my car safety wise in order to enter? I know a helmet is a must but is there anything else?
Friday, February 15, 2008 10:54 AM
nope just a helmet to start in Entry level Auto X

Friday, February 15, 2008 11:03 AM
and is there anything i need to do to my car?
Friday, February 15, 2008 11:13 AM
no start using everthing stock that way you can get better with out throwing your self in a category you can't hope to compete in. also have fun. my buddy showed me the flaws in my stock suspension on the twistes one night. "the tires oh how they scream"

Friday, February 15, 2008 2:36 PM
Doug C wrote:and is there anything i need to do to my car?

Make sure your battery is secure, your fluids are at proper level, the brake system is in working order (they usualy check your pedal), no floor mat on the drivers side, no major leaks, no play in the wheel bearings, and you have all your lug nuts and make sure they are tight. So long as your cars not a total POS and you have the other stuff taken care of, nothing else has to be done for you to race .

13.934 @ 97.82 ALL MOTOR
Friday, February 15, 2008 4:01 PM
Since your a amature i would reccomed upping your front tire pressure aswell

Saturday, February 16, 2008 2:33 PM
also make sur eyou clean out the inside, you can not have anythign inside the car that is not contaned, nothing in the center consil unless the its in side with the lid closed, nothign in the door panels, nothign on the floor in the back seat or anythign liek that. If its not bolted down or inside a closed container (like the glovebox) they wont let you run, where I go you can't have any floor mats in the car.

Sunday, February 17, 2008 9:46 AM
Doug C wrote:would it be worth modifing a 4 door for auto cross?

yes

Monday, February 18, 2008 7:53 PM
do you guys know of any events in BC?

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 4:05 AM
I think I prefer my sedan to the coupes. I've got one of each

Tuesday, February 19, 2008 6:55 AM
Zach have you actualy raced the coupe yet?

FU Tuning

Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:53 AM
Sure I've auto-x'd the sedan. It's not lowered anymore, but I'm sure it will goto the track more this year.

Dan Trump

2004 Cavalier LS Sport - Victory Red
Thursday, February 21, 2008 3:14 PM
i autox mine too!!

Thursday, February 21, 2008 5:11 PM
^^^
UBER HOTTNESS

Friday, February 22, 2008 12:49 AM
hey strat81 how much did ur kit cost u and where did u get it from.... i like the skirts and the front lip!
Friday, February 22, 2008 3:59 AM
The skirt are stock 4 door Z24 skirt.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Friday, February 22, 2008 10:14 AM
skirts are the stock ls sport 4 door skirts (as mfk-223 mentioned) front lip is wings west w-type.

Friday, February 22, 2008 11:51 PM
how much was the front lip? and can I order the skirts from chevy?
Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:19 PM
i got the lip on ebay... just make sure you get a seller with positive feedback (i actually got screwed on it the first time as the guy went bankrupt and his feedback dropped right after i sent payment)

you should be able to get the side skirts from gm. (you might have some luck if a forum member is getting rid of them too)

Friday, February 29, 2008 8:43 AM
strat81 you're auto-xing with a carbon fiber hood? in my area you have to go to the stx class to race like that and those cars are crazy fast! Is your area still letting you run in sts?

Pilz-E wrote:I still dream of the day when I can do a rear-engine, rear drive V12 in my sunflower.

Saturday, March 01, 2008 4:08 PM
not trying to steal your thread or anything... but ive always been interested in autox and stuff... i just dont know how it works... where do i go and stuff?... in ontario of coarse... gta...

Sunday, March 02, 2008 7:51 PM
strat81 wrote:i got the lip on ebay... just make sure you get a seller with positive feedback (i actually got screwed on it the first time as the guy went bankrupt and his feedback dropped right after i sent payment)

you should be able to get the side skirts from gm. (you might have some luck if a forum member is getting rid of them too)

in my area, the cf hood and aftermarket steering wheel put me in SM... which i'm not even close to being competitve in... i did run two events last year in novice mod. i'm hoping they'll let me run this year in NM again as SM is gonna be damn near impossible to do well in.

Sunday, March 02, 2008 7:52 PM
damn it... i quoted the wrong post... LOL

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search