Time Atack - Page 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Time Atack
Monday, June 23, 2008 1:11 PM
you got impounded over parking tickets? how many? that is blatenetly retarded, find a better spot and get a job, dont mod a car if you cant afford it.. the thought that you are not getting the car back over parking tickets is ridiculous, get together some cash, get the car and sell it, youd be better off that way... pure stupidity bud, seriously

All show, coming soon ---> GO

Monday, June 23, 2008 1:43 PM
The Evil J wrote: I want to run, yet, but first things first, coming up with enough money to get it out of impound, as I don't want to loose another car that way (first one was an '84 Charokee).

YOU stated right here you lost a 84 Jeep this way.........so 84 Jeep and Sunfire = 2 cars..........both lost at impounds

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 10:20 AM
I lost the Jeep when I was 18, I had gone fourwheelin, and broke a fan bolt in a water crossing. There weren't any signs of that having happened, until I was going to visit my then girlfriend, now wife, and the fan broke loos and went through the radiator. I limped it to a gas station, that I thought had a shop, told the guy behind the counter that I would be back for it. came back the next day, and it was gone! Spent 2 weeks trying to find it, By the time I did, the impound fees were $650.
The Sunfire I modified wile I was employed, and could afford to at the time. I did EVERYTHING to that car myself! I lost my job, and haven't been able to get another, as all the college brats have taken all of them, even the crappy ones. So before you call someone stupid, or bash someone for their misfortune, maybe you should find out the circumstances first.
Oh, I'm selling the 'Fire to a friend, so I will be able to get it back, eventually.

Casey, my block went from never being patroled by parking enforcement, to being patroled heavily. I got those tickets in 1 day, $150 worth, so i got screwed!

Caution: I have an odd sense of humor, so don't be offended by the things I say
MMMM, HIDs
Wednesday, June 25, 2008 3:23 PM
What, no more put downs? Does that mean y'all grew up?

MMMM, HIDs
Thursday, June 26, 2008 1:52 PM
if anyone here needs to grow up its you... how old are you and you dont have a job? seriously theres always another job out there, so dont play the "misfortune" card, youre just too lazy to find another. You'd have a job already if you were looking.

and btw... 150 dollars doesnt get an impound, and you cant get multiple parking violations in one day if the car doesnt move bud. tell the whole story or dont bother saying anymore.

Friday, June 27, 2008 6:56 AM
if you cannot afford 150 dollars you should not be driving

Friday, June 27, 2008 11:45 AM
I wasn't driving, I haven't driven since I lost my job. Oh, I got fired, and I couldn't get a job, not from a lack of trying, but from a lack of jobs. I live in a city where there are 3 colleges, and all those students take every single job.
Casey, do you live in a city, or do you live elsewhere? $150 does get your car booted, then towed and impounded, or at least it does in Richmond, VA.
There is good news, I possiblely got a new job, something the college kids haven't found, and I should make $10 an hour. And I will be getting my car out, but I still plan on selling it and buying a Honda Civic hatch. I'm done with this scene, the people are way to negative. I'm surprise this site hasn't been shut down because of all the a-holes on it. No wonder the J platform isn't that well accepted in the tuner industry.

MMMM, HIDs
Friday, June 27, 2008 1:29 PM
all i have to say is peace buddy, don't let the door hit you on the way out, because if you think that another group of people on a diiferent forum arent gonna take cracks at your astonishingly low level of intelligence you've got another thing coming.

oh and post note, if you are gettin beat by college kids for $10 an hour jobs, whats that say about you haha, I've always been able to find a good job or learn a trade, go to college and maybe you could land a job worth keeping, I know Im happy with my job, but you have to meet qualifications to meet it.

Saturday, June 28, 2008 1:16 PM
I was happy at my jobs, most of them being mechanical, but with gas prices so high, there is no demand where I live for mechanics. I am a 7 year veteran of the auto industry, and I worked on more highly tuned cars than you think. I am highly inteligent, I just fell on some hard times. F you and your mother too.

Oh, I am getting my car back, and I decided not to sell it, so I will be the first J to compete in time attack, but I'll keep all that info to myself, as you are not worthy of it. Good luck with your car shows and destroying streets by dragging tow balls on them.

MMMM, HIDs
Sunday, June 29, 2008 1:11 AM
First and foremost i find it hilarious that you spelled intelligent wrong when describing yourself, that really drove my point home, I literally laughed out loud when I read that. HA

Mechanics demand isnt any lower than it was before gas went up, people still have cars, and they still break, maybe its a camry instead of a tahoe, but real mechanics can find work.

and yes, I agree, I think its a wise idea you keep the time attack to yourself, because most likely if you cant hold job, you cant afford to race... and dragging tow-balls? really bud? my cars not on bags, it just happens to have a body-kit, which you pondered doing for time-attack as you said earlier in this thread.. My cars not a "show car", just happens to look better than "your car", or should I say your old car?

keep diggin that hole d-bag, it'll only get deeper

can you say owned?

Thursday, July 03, 2008 2:58 PM
I think this thread should be locked so as to evade further meaningless arguement. If either one of you were intelligent, this conversation would not have spewed over onto the second page.

-Trav

I'll save the world in a minute, now let me finish my Whopper.

Thursday, July 03, 2008 4:38 PM
okay newb, you feel better now? im not gonna take any crap from a guy that hasnt been on the forum for more than a week ha..
it takes more than an argument to qualify for a lock here, but you can keep hopin
im sure i sound like a jerk from what you've read in this thread, usually i am not, but if you think anything i said was harsh, than this forum may not be for you, this is a flaming community

Thursday, July 03, 2008 7:02 PM
I'm not getting wrapped up in this, and that is the last thing I have to say in this thread. Have a good one.

-Trav

I'll save the world in a minute, now let me finish my Whopper.
Monday, July 07, 2008 8:46 AM
Travis Mihm wrote:I think this thread should be locked so as to evade further meaningless arguement. If either one of you were intelligent, this conversation would not have spewed over onto the second page.

-Trav

I agree, this is retarded. Casey, your showing your lack of any brains what so ever by not saying anything nice, I'm just defending my self from your attacks! Back off, I allready feel bad about loosing my car, you don't have rub salt ing my wounds. I live in Richmond VA, a place not exactly known for being job friendly, you loose a job, good luck finding another. You say I should go to school, ok, will you pay for it, because I have no money, whatsoever, and I can't go to mom and dad for help, they cut me off years ago! Stop picking on people less fortunate than your self.

MMMM, HIDs
Saturday, July 12, 2008 10:35 AM
I completely agree with EJ here. I know how hard it is to find a job. I live in the Cincinatti area and jobs are hard to find here too. And when you come from a family that doesn't know if they are going to be able to make the rent payment from month to month, higher education is financially out of the picture. I am barely making a living at 10 an hour working massive amounts of overtime just trying to make ends meet. You're childish and immature remarks about him basically being a bum are unfounded as well as unnecessary. Please think before you post, and remember, it is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are an idiot than to open it and remove all doubt...

==============================================================

Yes, noob, the search button is for you...

Sunday, July 13, 2008 9:47 PM
Well I can tell you this, that 35K job isn't going to fund you that Time Attack car anytime soon.
There's real money in making a time attack car and it starts with the chassis.
Also, if you've got no experience in actually driving on a road course, you'd better start at the bottom and work your way up.
But I do admire the courage to even think about taking a J-body to the Time Attack level and possibly be successful with it. That's admirable.

Believe it or not, I'm doing the same with the 'blu but doing it slowly but surely, and quietly.
I couldn't tell you how much money I've spent on chassis and suspension alone, let alone the whole car, and as I've been going along, I'm constantly changing things which cost more money because I'm wanting the best there is for the car. Making more money than I ever have helps too.

It's a learning process and so far, I've learned an immense amount in the chassis dynamics along with suspension geometry that will take my J-body far in the world of road racing or at least a jaunt or two on a road course.
I plan on going to Baton Rouge to No Problem Raceway to break in the car, get it setup, and tune it all to where I think the car could be competitive once it's all complete, and complete is a long way off.
That takes time too and more money.
I can tell you now that the 'blu will out corner a Solstice GXP (stock) on the backroads around where I live. He'd outpower me on the straights but where he'd hit the brakes coming in to a corner, my turn in was flawless, and flat.

I can attribute all this to a chassis that is almost complete and no seam welding or roll cage, yet.
But continue on with your dreams as I'll continue on with mine. Where everyone is wanting to go fast in the 1320, I'm wanting to make a name for our beloved J-bodies, and maybe some respect down the road by hitting the road courses and surprising a few people.
Stay out of trouble, get that job, and let's take this to a higher level man.
Good luck and thanks for having a vision.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search