Lexan - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lexan
Saturday, February 23, 2008 6:02 PM
Does anyone offer Lexan windows for the 95-05 Cavalier or Sunfire. If anyone knows where I can get them, or who to talk to, please let me know. Thanks alot.

-Scott

Re: Lexan
Saturday, February 23, 2008 7:37 PM
Scott,

Buy a sheet of 4x8 and make it your self... thats what I did for the Sunfire... unless you want to contact Five Star Bodies out of IL... they make some... but I am not sure how well it will fit since its made for the Pro Stock Body...

Saturday, February 23, 2008 8:43 PM
Ive never messed with it. Is it hard to bend and form?

Saturday, February 23, 2008 10:50 PM
no use heat guns

Sunday, February 24, 2008 12:03 AM
Thinking about using MR10. Where would you guess think the best and cheapest place to get it would be?

Sunday, February 24, 2008 9:44 AM
a local place to get it from would probally be a shop that deals with race car parts. and i aint talking about AutoZone or anything like that. im talking about a place that deals with real race cars. or maybe autozone can get something like that who knows.
or just do a search online for dealers

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, February 25, 2008 9:37 PM
Well guys its not hard to mess with that @!#$ if you have any skills at all with a marker and a saw you can do it like Karo said go get you a sheet of it and keep both sides of the backing on it and make a cardboard template or your window and than lay it down on the lexan and cut it out and yes heat it up butt do NOT stay in one spot to long i'm 17 and used to work a glass and monument place and we cut that @!#$ all the time But when your done peel off the backing and putt it back together and Vala

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 8:36 PM
goin lightweight scott?

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 11:00 PM
You could say so PJ. Lighter is better you know, LOL!!!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 4:50 PM
We had lexan windows on the stock car my high school owned, they scratch pretty easy.

Caution: I have an odd sense of humor, so don't be offended by the things I say
MMMM, HIDs
Thursday, February 28, 2008 5:16 PM
Thats why they souldnt be used for daily use, after a few weeks, im sure you would have to get a new windshield. Im also sure the windows would not be nearly as strong for the whole structure of the car, for roll overs and stuff. Its like using carbon fiber doors, dont expect much if you crash.

Thursday, February 28, 2008 11:29 PM
True, that is why this is going on a strip only car.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search