New times with sc - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New times with sc
Saturday, May 03, 2008 4:05 PM
Went to the track last night for the first time since the sc install on my 01 auto z, kinda dissapointed but I guess I was expecting too much. Heres my best time slip. Im on the 2.7 pulley now, and Ill be putting on a 2.6 pulley when I hook the meth up which I have both. Ill also be upgrading to a full 2.5" exhaust from my 2.25", which Im just waiting on the piping to get here. I exptected atleast a 14.7 out of it, but I was having some issues earler in the day with a bad tps, and was only seeing almost 6psi at redline which I was seeing almost 7 before; I need to retighten my manifold bolts which I havnt done yet.

r/t... .675
60'... 2.279
330... 6.275
1/8... 9.558
mph... 74.26
1000... 12.438
1/4... 14.892
mph... 92.10

I ran 4 times, my other 3 were all 14.9's @ 91mph. I need to work on my 60' times as theyre the same as when I was running mid 15's. Im getting a ttr auto trans mount soon and maybe a set of 99 n-body control arms to press some poly bushings in so that should help.

Re: New times with sc
Saturday, May 03, 2008 4:41 PM
I think that's great man. Better then running 15.9 in an auto Z like myself supercharged. I'd be stoked to hit 14.89

Saturday, May 03, 2008 11:01 PM
I havent hit 14.8's since the stock motor and stock pulley lol

if your running the gm s/c map basically, your timing is crazy retarded and your pig rich, i know i was. Tonight some kid i raced was like "you shot out blue flames when your car shifted" must be the meth and goodies

Sunday, May 04, 2008 5:52 AM
Thats just from all your naaaaaws and it backfired, like in the fast and furious y0ooooo...lol

Im not on the gm flash though, Im flashed with hpt so timing/injector constant is all good

Sunday, May 04, 2008 9:22 AM
my cars only running i think 15 degrees of timing and the afr leans out with my new pulley and new secret work done. I have alot of tuning improvement to come and as soon as i stop touching my car ill get it tuned but until then i want everything done to it im doing then ill get tuned once and for all. The tune is actually setup for a 50 shot of nitrous which i've never ran on the car yet so imagine advanced timing on a new tune, i have no idea why im shooting out flames when the car shifts, a few people have said it's only blue so thats the meth i would think.

Monday, May 05, 2008 6:22 AM
Boosted man I need to meet up with ya sometime soon, I wana compare your 2.6 pulley to my spare to see if its a 2.6 or a 2.5 lol. I also got some meth parts we can check out, and got my tb spacer so I wana see how its setup.

Plan to go back in a few weeks with some more goodies. May also run a set of M/T's on kosei k1's that my buddy has just to see what it can do with them

Monday, May 05, 2008 2:12 PM
I went 14.669 with the pulley it came with

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Monday, May 05, 2008 10:53 PM
HOLY CRAP 14.6 by a hair! lol

Mike, we can meetup whenever, i've been busy lately with my business but if you want to bring those slicks/radials and swap with me for a few runs im up for it

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 5:43 AM
You ran a 14.6 with a sc'd eco or ld9? If its an ld9 that good...if its an eco, not soo much lol.

Haha, Ill see if my friend will let me try them out. Their mickey thompson slicks on I believe 15" kosei k1's which weigh like 11lbs each. He runs a 12.7 with them on his n/a neon and I know its got more in it, he's just gotta get more practice launching at 4-5k

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 10:30 AM
its an eco still can't get a good launch lol but thats with the stock pulley

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Tuesday, May 06, 2008 11:48 AM
BOOSTED / JMdecals.com! wrote:new secret work done

why keep everything "secret," you don't impress anyone by hiding what you have done. you have a blower, ported, nitrous, methanol. what else can you have that is "secret work"

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 12:07 PM
Calling people out for keeping stuff a secret isn't impressive either. Did you think maybe he could give 2 @!#$s about impressing you or anyone for that matter?

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 12:13 PM
chill out, i know the guy, always messin with him

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Tuesday, May 06, 2008 8:29 PM
i dont have nitrous, ive never ran a shot on my car...yet

If you wanna run your mouth, you know where i live kid

lolz

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 8:47 PM
[ion wrote: C2]chill out, i know the guy, always messin with him

My b, it looked like you were just talkin @!#$ to be one of "those" guys.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search