1/4 mile suggestions? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1/4 mile suggestions?
Sunday, May 11, 2008 10:09 AM
I have a 2000 Cavalier Z24 with the LD9 and the GM m45 s/c...I know some guys are running high 14's with the charger alone with no other mods...I'm just looking for some suggestions of what people would think I would run because I have never raced the 1/4 mile on a track and got actual time slips...I am in PEI, Canada, and am planning to go out to the track the next time it is open to see what I run...its been pretty cool up here so my charger has been staying fairly cool...haven't seen many double digits in the temperature (celcius) yet this year and its not supposed to go above 15 degress in the month on may...so for my mods when I take it to the track I will have: cold air intake, pacesetter 4-1 armor coat header, high flow cat, 2.5" exhaust, 2.7" pulley (running 5.5 psi with stock 2.8" pulley), short shifter, upper engine mount insert and rk sport lower mount....I'm planning to take out my back seats and stereo gear to shed some weight (already have the spair tire out)...for tires I am running 225/50/16 altimax HP from general tire...I am wondering if a 14.5 on the 1/4 would be too optimistic for me to run...what are guys out there running for a 1/4 mile time with similar mods...any suggestions would be great.

Re: 1/4 mile suggestions?
Sunday, May 11, 2008 10:11 AM
ohh and I forgot I have a light weight crank and alternator pulley coming from -MD-LD9 soon...

Sunday, May 11, 2008 10:44 AM
I would think it would be running low 14's, stock cavy's run like 15.7 so i would hope it would run low 14's maybe high 13's?. if not id say there are some issues
Monday, May 12, 2008 4:02 PM
mid 14 until you get real used to racing your car

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2623318

Monday, May 12, 2008 5:12 PM
I would take a mid 14...14.5 is my goal...I've been driving standards ever since I began driving...my first car was a passat VR6 and I remember racing a convertable z24 back in high school...how long ago that was...I've gotten pretty good with my launches, but I know it will definately take some work at the track...

Monday, May 12, 2008 5:47 PM
but with your mods you could easily be in low 14 to high 13s. you will just have to go to the track and find out like everyone here is going to tell you to do.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2623318

Monday, May 12, 2008 6:14 PM
yeah I know...just kinda curious what guys think..I don't know any modded j-bodys around home to compare too...I'll be doing a few things to the car this month...hopefully I will get to a track in June with everything done to engine I am planning on doing...only other mod I would look into this year would be alky injection...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search