turbo ecotec vs twin turbo v8 VIDEO - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
turbo ecotec vs twin turbo v8 VIDEO
Sunday, May 11, 2008 12:36 PM

Re: turbo ecotec vs twin turbo v8 VIDEO
Sunday, May 11, 2008 12:39 PM
Weak.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Sunday, May 11, 2008 1:54 PM
damn

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, May 11, 2008 2:11 PM
yea I thought that video was sweet, plus I hate mustangs
Sunday, May 11, 2008 2:46 PM
11's never looked so slow...

Monday, May 12, 2008 4:12 AM
and I'm at work

we got cavi haters here to I need to show up

------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
Those so naive, so hard headed, so narcissistic, that think that buy their own efforts can single handedly change the world, are always the ones that do.
Monday, May 12, 2008 9:08 AM
Wow...talk about an unfair advantage.
Monday, May 12, 2008 11:21 AM
FstCavZ24 wrote:11's never looked so slow...

mhmm.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Monday, May 12, 2008 3:00 PM
It's not the same race, but the same dragster in this video.

It just sounds soo wicked!!

And another!

Isn't that just sick?!

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 8:48 AM
i bet te eco still gets better fuel mileage than the mustang

1997 Cavalier Z24 - 15.647 @ 88.02 MPH
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 11:06 AM
The mustang had problems, although thats a damn good run for the eco but the stang (when running right) runs those numbers full bodied.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 7:59 PM
ImportFyghter wrote:The mustang had problems, although thats a damn good run for the eco but the stang (when running right) runs those numbers full bodied.

Tylpical mustang excuses. You hear them everytime they lose.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 6:07 AM
GOD DAMN!!!! (actually yelled that out loud LOL)

I bet that guys thinking.... "what ya gotta say about my little 4-banger now!'

I love that people are showing that 4-cylinders can be fast....

How much you wanna bet that the reason the guy in the mustang screwed the pooch so bad was because the Eco Dragster scared the crap out of him off the line LOL.

And ya... Mustang guys are always making excuses (because they are always loosing )

Thursday, May 15, 2008 11:52 AM
holy crap that thing is fast...i remember seeing that dragster at nopi nationals last year...the turbo is huge

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, May 15, 2008 7:03 PM
That was nice but let's keep it real the eco was in a 1200# dragster as opposed to a 3300# door car. Now if the eco was in asimilar weight vehicle and won then that's something to get excited about.
Thursday, May 15, 2008 10:45 PM
First off GAWD DAYUM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and second lets see a 3300lbs 2door car with a twin turbo v-8 against a 1200lbs 4cyln single turboed dragster survey says ecotec will still win mustang would still lose thats funny typical mustang owner/lover gets but hurt when a smaller motored vechicle wins. Dont forget most v8 owners are like this not just mustang owners.

Friday, May 16, 2008 11:53 AM
Quote:

Dont forget most v8 owners are like this not just mustang owners.

i dont think so.

Saturday, May 17, 2008 10:26 AM
so what your telling me is that camero and trans am owners dont think there chit dont stink when around friends and at car meets. If you say no you is a liar. Hell even the gto guys are asses. Not all but some are even worse then mustang owners.

But there was this mustang owner that came down to a local meet and was reving his engine all the way around the parking lot. Two white guys came from cali had untouchable sticker on the front window. Said his car could beat vettes, and anything else that wanted to race him. Hell he almost hit two vettes while driving around the lot. Gt verte is what he had. Lets just say he pissed off just about every one in the parking lot and they got there asses handed to them.

V8 owners think just cause they have 4 more cyln they are the @!#$ but when beaten by a four banger they use every excuse in the book as to why they lost.

Saturday, May 17, 2008 7:13 PM
Quote:

so what your telling me is that camero and trans am owners dont think there chit dont stink when around friends and at car meets

i never said that did i? every group has those kind of people. V8 guys, tuner people, turbo deisel guys, etc etc. i have a 98 camaro (LS1) myself. do i go around acting like my camaro is GODS gift to cars? no cause i know that no matter how fast i get mine, someone else is going to be faster. if it be a V8, 4 cylinder, whatever.

Quote:

Hell even the gto guys are asses

not all. i meet a guy racing an 11 second 2006 gto. guy was cool as hell too. he wasnt cocky or an ass. i helped him change to his drag radials and he helped me and the guy parked next to me and he had a 04 mach 1 and is a good friend of mine. we rag on each other him having a ford me having a chevy. but its all in good fun. that very same night a group of ricers were revving their bee hive 4 cylinders, blasting their stereos for all to hear. basically annoying the hell out of everyone. finnaly the owner told them to knock it off or leave.

Quote:

But there was this mustang owner that came down to a local meet and was reving his engine all the way around the parking lot. Two white guys came from cali had untouchable sticker on the front window. Said his car could beat vettes, and anything else that wanted to race him. Hell he almost hit two vettes while driving around the lot. Gt verte is what he had. Lets just say he pissed off just about every one in the parking lot and they got there asses handed to them.

well like i said before, you get jerks like that in every group. not just V8s

Quote:

V8 owners think just cause they have 4 more cyln they are the @!#$ but when beaten by a four banger they use every excuse in the book as to why they lost.

the stang might have broke you dont know that do you? he could of missed a shift, broke an axle, whatever. crap happens when drag racing

and im telling you that not all V8 guys are morons. you have idiots in every group

Saturday, May 17, 2008 11:55 PM
^ that is true every one has there tards of the group the ones in hondas normally mess things up here. Peeling out trying to drift, bouncin the rev limiter and then once the rev the v8s chime in. We try to have sactioned meets on the weekends here but someone always effs it up.

I just say a volvette wagon pull from a crotch rocket the bike was maxed out at 183 and the effin volvette was still pulling away. The bike was the one that had the camera a little off topic from this post but GAWD DAMN

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 5:55 AM
Quote:

Lets just say he pissed off just about every one in the parking lot and they got there asses handed to them.

Just to clarify LOL.....

Did they try racing a few of you and loose..... or did the group of you pull them out of their car and beat the ever living crap out of them? That could be taken either way.

For some reason I took it as the latter when I first read it... but I'm sure it's the former.

I know what you mean by there being tards in every group that ruin things for people.... it even happens where I work.... There are some modified cars people drive to work and yesterday some guy in an integra was just sitting there bouncing his car off the limiter when we where getting ready to go home... and when he left... he peeled out of the parking lot... every time that happens..... our supervisors have to read all of us the riot act....

The funny thing is that out of all the cars parked there when I'm at work...... my Sunfire is one of the fastest... and I never do crap like that.... of the top of my head.... the only person there that could beat me in a race owns a new Grand Prix GXP... and both of us always take it easy and never rev our engines.... although we've both opened up our cars once we get on the street a couple of times if for no other reason than to show the tards not to challenge us to a race. It's funny how smack talkers go to jaw droppers in a blip of the throttle LOL..... but there is no excuse for being a retard and doing some of the crap they do.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 8:20 AM
Dale Young wrote:That was nice but let's keep it real the eco was in a 1200# dragster as opposed to a 3300# door car. Now if the eco was in asimilar weight vehicle and won then that's something to get excited about.

yes lets.

2.18 liter engine to the mustangs 5.4 liter or whatever size engine they have in that model? the displacement changes so often... idk if its the 4.6, 5.0, 5.4, blahblahblah...

so an engine with double the cylinders, more than double the displacement, full chassis cage and built race car (and I highly doubt its 3300lbs.. probably just under 3000.. rememeber, its a purpose built racecar...)

not to mention the full bodied drag cars with FWD are hitting low 8s and 200mph... instead of giving him a fighting chance (comes down to driver bodied car vs bodied car) the dragster totally spanked him.

so in terms of respect.... 1400hp I4 vs 1400hp V8? the answer to me is obvious.

I have seen that class mustang hit high 7s and best 200mph... but when they start drag racing the solstice and an eco vehicle is on 'equal footing' with the big 'bad' boys of drag racing... I wonder what the excuse will be then.

but I just posted as a pretty cool video.. I love that dragster

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 7:18 PM
Well what got this one chick going was that he said that is camed mustang could beat any chevy,import, in the parking lot. Now believe me when i say this on sat money wise sitting in the normal spot there are at least 15-20evos, 10vettes, full drag cars, crotch rockets with turbos/juice all over the place. Hell even the mamas boys take out the ferrari's, ashton martins, skylines, and was mouthing off to this chick saying @!#$ texas we from cali, @!#$ texas we untouchable.

Well not so much untouchable when you got two rednecks (two buddies of mine) block him from going straight or reverse lol so then a few other friends of mine start kicking the @!#$ out of the car. Clear tails get kicked out, oh and the dude is in a vert with the top down so you know both got some shots put on um. Well he manages to get his car out and floors it not knowing when he did his friend fell out the side and got his arm ran over. Man was that funny seeing the guy chase the mustang down on foot. The driver stopped and his buddy got in havent seen them since LOL.

Thursday, May 22, 2008 7:25 AM
DaFlyinSkwirl (PJ) v2.0 wrote:
Dale Young wrote:That was nice but let's keep it real the eco was in a 1200# dragster as opposed to a 3300# door car. Now if the eco was in asimilar weight vehicle and won then that's something to get excited about.

yes lets.

2.18 liter engine to the mustangs 5.4 liter or whatever size engine they have in that model? the displacement changes so often... idk if its the 4.6, 5.0, 5.4, blahblahblah...

so an engine with double the cylinders, more than double the displacement, full chassis cage and built race car (and I highly doubt its 3300lbs.. probably just under 3000.. rememeber, its a purpose built racecar...)

not to mention the full bodied drag cars with FWD are hitting low 8s and 200mph... instead of giving him a fighting chance (comes down to driver bodied car vs bodied car) the dragster totally spanked him.

so in terms of respect.... 1400hp I4 vs 1400hp V8? the answer to me is obvious.

I have seen that class mustang hit high 7s and best 200mph... but when they start drag racing the solstice and an eco vehicle is on 'equal footing' with the big 'bad' boys of drag racing... I wonder what the excuse will be then.
but I just posted as a pretty cool video.. I love that dragster

I don't mean to sound like an ass PJ, but you can't possibly be serious. I don't know about you, but I see no wheelie-bar or parachute on the Stang, so no matter whether it COULD hit 7's, there is no way that it would. Also, you have said it yourself plenty of times in the past....A race-built OHV won't outrev a race-built DOHC. So you are really comparing an engine that gets probably 1.5 times the revolutions of the other. So, the IMPRESSIVENESS of that horsepower gap starts to shrink. Finally, the Dragster has the advantage of the lighter body to launch the car and the aerodynamic advantage while going down the track. You can throw "number of cylinders", "displacement", "horsepower", "mustang wasn't running right" or whatever card you want, but the fact of the matter is that it really was not a fair race regardless. You said that mustang can hit high 7's, but according to the ET, it looked to me like the ECO drag car ran a 6.

I have to agree though, that ECO is definately a sweet drag car.
Thursday, May 22, 2008 4:13 PM
R3D05LsSport wrote:Well what got this one chick going was that he said that is camed mustang could beat any chevy,import, in the parking lot. Now believe me when i say this on sat money wise sitting in the normal spot there are at least 15-20evos, 10vettes, full drag cars, crotch rockets with turbos/juice all over the place. Hell even the mamas boys take out the ferrari's, ashton martins, skylines, and was mouthing off to this chick saying @!#$ texas we from cali, @!#$ texas we untouchable.

Well not so much untouchable when you got two rednecks (two buddies of mine) block him from going straight or reverse lol so then a few other friends of mine start kicking the @!#$ out of the car. Clear tails get kicked out, oh and the dude is in a vert with the top down so you know both got some shots put on um. Well he manages to get his car out and floors it not knowing when he did his friend fell out the side and got his arm ran over. Man was that funny seeing the guy chase the mustang down on foot. The driver stopped and his buddy got in havent seen them since LOL.

GOD DAMN LOL .... Also... IDK if your just tired or something..... but try to work on the grammar a little man.....

Back on topic..... I understand what PJ is saying.... that dragster kicks ass.... who cares what was in the other lane. People sure do like to fight lately.

And just because I cant help it..... if you respect a 1400hp V-8 more than a 1400hp 4-banger..... your a tool.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search