going to the track today!!!!! - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
going to the track today!!!!!
Friday, May 09, 2008 12:12 PM
well ive finally decided to take my car to the strip. i was just wondering whats a goog psi to set my tires to at the strip in running on 15 inch steelies wrapped in 195 65 15 goodyear viva 2 tires and im not sure what to set them at. let me know whet yalls opinions are so ill more or less have an idea thiis is my first time ever racing legally so wish me luck!!!!

Re: going to the track today!!!!!
Friday, May 09, 2008 12:59 PM
well it all depends on the track. do your first pass without letting out any air. if you spin bad let some out. just does a couple passes untill you stop spinning off the launch. but im sure everyone else has other advice on this. good luck hope you do good.

Friday, May 09, 2008 1:12 PM
ya i was thinking that to but i was just wondering and decided to ask. thanks for the opinion and the luck im going to need it kind of nervous but im also curious!!!thanks again

Friday, May 09, 2008 3:08 PM
I run between 20-25 pounds in the front and max out the back tires. It all depends on the track/tires/driver.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 5:04 AM
45 in the rear and 26-7 in the front.

I notice when I go lower than 26 in the front my traps suffer and my short times don't get any better

------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
Those so naive, so hard headed, so narcissistic, that think that buy their own efforts can single handedly change the world, are always the ones that do.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search