Circle Track Racecar Advice (4-Cylinder Racing) - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Circle Track Racecar Advice (4-Cylinder Racing)
Sunday, May 18, 2008 11:48 AM
Hey everyone, I race at a local track here in my area in the 4 Cylinder Division... Last night we raced and when I went out to qualify.. I race about 6 laps, then on the front straight away, I had the gas pedal down all the way and I had NOTHING, it started sputtering and sputtered harder and harder by time I got to the back stretch the car stalled on me.... So i ended up coasting into the pits..

At first we just thought we over heated Well when we got the car jacked up and stuff we noticed the outlet hose off the radiator was DRY as a bone, so we added water and finally realized that there was a big Kink in the inlet hose going into the radiator, so we cut some hose off that and got the kink out of it... Figuring we solved the issue...

Well when we went to start the car over to go back out on the racetrack, we had water SPRAYING from the # 4 or # 2 spark plug *if I remember correctly* it was one of the two...

So we are thinking we got water down in the pistons, we blew a head gasket, maybe cracked the head and we are trying to figure what could of been the cause of this or even if we are looking in the right direction in trying to fix it...

The car is a 1989 Chevy Cav, 2.0, Automatic,

Thanks Everyone for the help and advice

Re: Circle Track Racecar Advice (4-Cylinder Racing)
Sunday, May 18, 2008 1:33 PM
over heated and probly busted the head or gasket.. dont you guys know what a temp gauge is?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: Circle Track Racecar Advice (4-Cylinder Racing)
Sunday, May 18, 2008 7:19 PM
Answered in the other forum

BTW, read number 11.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search