Got To The Track Again... - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Got To The Track Again...
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 6:37 PM
Well we do this local thing called midnight mayhem. it where you get to race whatever you bring, must have DOT tires, and DOT muffler. you get to race from 11p to 4a. i ended up getting 11 runs in total and stopped because i was just running consistant. most of my times were a VERY consistant 13.8 and 13.9 at a high 102 to 103mph. I was on nearly bald eagle rsa's on the stock 16" wheels. i was pulling 2.2 60' times on those at about 30 psi. car felt good, pulled really well, and i spike 9 psi then it drops and holds consistant at 7psi. im really happy how the car is running. a heck of a lot better than a 15.2 from last year. i am going to borrow some drag radials from a friend of mine that are on some decently light rims and see if i can get the 60' time down and maybe pull a 13.5 thats all i was aiming for when i started the car up this year. new slips are in the registry. i didnt feel like uploading 26 other slips that i got within the last 3 weeks

Re: Got To The Track Again...
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 6:47 PM
Nice vince. I ran almost the same exact time 2 weeks ago. 13.7 @ 103 mph with a 2.3 60 ' time on 10 psi though . You have some room for improvement thats for sure. Good job.

Windy City TurboZ
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 6:50 PM
sweet man

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 7:29 PM
My friend actually just called me haha... he has some of these Kosei K-1 Racing rims in 15".... 13.5 lbs with a set of radials on them as well i cant wait to give them a shot. http://store.miataparts.org/kok1rabulli.html

we will see what happens, ill probably wait til the next midnight mayhem to give them a shot, but we will see what happens.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 8:15 PM
not to bad Vince. Drop the air pressure in the tires, 20-22psi would have been a bit better.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 10:27 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:not to bad Vince. Drop the air pressure in the tires, 20-22psi would have been a bit better.

30 is way too high for drag racing

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 11:23 PM
very nice man... we have the same kinda thing out here in utah... but ours dont go as late... i have yet to run though..

Veritas Aequitas

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 3:32 PM
ill post a pics of a surprise later. i didnt feel like touching the car and was running it how its going to perform on the street. ill post pic once i get back from drill

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 3:45 PM
your only running 7psi? if so thats awsome for running that low...
Thursday, May 29, 2008 12:31 PM
WHAT TRACK?

Thursday, May 29, 2008 3:25 PM
Cordova Dragway... its in my registry. and yes its only at 7 psi, i have the 9 psi spring in but im dropping to 7 and holding. im too lazy to find my camera to upload the pics but ill get them eventually. i could turn the boost up but i know i would blow my @!#$ up. not ready for that yet lol.

my biggest problem is wheel hop, i need a way to fix it. im on coilovers right now and have all the solid motor mounts and what not but it hops like crazy that i feel like im going to break an axle lol. we will see what happens next track time im looking forward to dropping some tenths.

Thursday, May 29, 2008 5:30 PM
Hey vince

WANNA RACE?

-Ben
Thursday, May 29, 2008 9:04 PM
id lose but id sure be up for it fix my wheel hop and ill be good as gold well atleast happy with the time i would run

Thursday, May 29, 2008 9:18 PM
If you have HPT raise the rev limiter to 7k. I bet you see a nice improvement right there.

Friday, May 30, 2008 12:39 PM
it is set at 7K. but from what i remember our cars dont make power above 6500... anyway i still rev to 7

Friday, May 30, 2008 12:44 PM
My car pulls hard to 7K. I haven't dynoed it w the raised limiter, but when the limiter was stock it made power all the way to redline.

Friday, May 30, 2008 10:30 PM
vince you are the man, cant wait to see that beast when i get down to illi again

Saturday, May 31, 2008 9:49 AM
definately. too bad the track is so far away from you. but we will def have to hang out. and been talking back and forth with your friend

im hoping for a 2.0 or so 60' and go from there. might get me into the 13.5 range which would be more than i hoped for.i cant wait for the next midnight mayhem. crap. gotta go check to see if the tires are DOT

and i cant rememeber who it was said that our cars really dont make power over 6500 due to timing or something.... i cant remember who that was.

Saturday, May 31, 2008 10:02 AM
Here's a sheet with both a supercharged and turbo runs on it. To me it suggests there's power beyond the stock redline.

Sunday, June 01, 2008 9:13 PM
is that with stock block? ^^^^^^

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Monday, June 02, 2008 12:35 PM
Totally stock engine.

Monday, June 02, 2008 1:30 PM
Hey Vince!

just spoke with Paul, he may place me in the "all out" class cuz it would make for tighter racing for me and more fair for the other all motor cars, so that means we may race at the bash, hope you turn up the boost before then!

Good Luck
-Ben
Monday, June 02, 2008 3:39 PM
not gonna touch the boost at all. its staying at 9. not until i build a motor. 9 no matter what.

Monday, June 02, 2008 4:07 PM
i would race you in my camaro if we lived closer. my best in the camaro was a 13.5 stock
i use the BF goodrich DR's. i had them down to 15 psi

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, June 02, 2008 9:20 PM
ill race ya vinny boy when i get my car back and actually up on the streets

by streets that means just up and running, no street racering.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search