Got To The Track Again... - Page 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Got To The Track Again...
Tuesday, June 03, 2008 5:08 PM
you got it, i run a 6 second city block if i can get traction with some nike's i usually wear the starbury's so i might wear the nike's for that. we will see.

Saturday, June 07, 2008 12:00 AM
FstCavZ24 wrote:Totally stock engine.

hmm interesting..
what all tuning/fuel delivery were you using

and vince are we gonna race at teh bash?
it should be a good run

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Saturday, June 07, 2008 10:39 AM
HAHN portfueler setup.

Sunday, June 08, 2008 11:08 AM
i hope to run at the bash, trying to figure out if i can afford a clutch before or after... if i get it before then i have to break it in and learn to race it. if i wait til after it may decide thats the time to go... who knows. i will probably make a few runs...

Sunday, June 08, 2008 1:16 PM
Vincent Morris wrote:it is set at 7K. but from what i remember our cars dont make power above 6500... anyway i still rev to 7

that's stock.... boost changes everything. I still made power to 7350 with the stock heads and cams and might have kept making power if that wasn't my set rev limiter on the dyno.

Sunday, June 08, 2008 1:17 PM
head* let me correct that before the org perfectionist attack! lol

Sunday, June 08, 2008 2:47 PM
i was talking with pj skwirl and it was something about the spark mapping. id have to have him clarify for sure but i think he said he has to do with spark.

Sunday, June 08, 2008 3:06 PM
all cars are different. It's all in fueling, timing advance, and turbo/ supercharger set up.

Sunday, June 08, 2008 6:38 PM
ill have him chime in here next time he is online and explain what im thinking of. this is what i have saved from a log...

Skwirl "it only does ignition calculations until 6500 and fuel until 7000" "then it goes y5879435647826oyh5ugil45hu5o"

Monday, June 09, 2008 4:43 AM
Vince If i remember correctly PJ was using the msd to pull timing past 6500...basically using insane numbers like 40 60 then pulling the timing out with the msd to "correct" them after whatever the computer stops at so he still had control over it but you just have to remember that it's kinda ass backwards once you reach the factory limit on the ignition tables.

Monday, June 09, 2008 2:59 PM
i advanced the timing with HPT a LOT

I then used the MSD to retard the timing back to normal levels, then released said retard to act as an advance

basically so I could tune a spark curve all the way to whatever redline I wanted.

Thursday, June 19, 2008 10:43 AM
Vincent Morris wrote:ill have him chime in here next time he is online and explain what im thinking of. this is what i have saved from a log...

Skwirl "it only does ignition calculations until 6500 and fuel until 7000" "then it goes y5879435647826oyh5ugil45hu5o"

it repeats the last cell in each table. The pcm was able to maintain the spark and afr i wanted up to 7350.

but one thing i do agree with is beyond 7k since the car isn't "picking" it's values anymore, more of being forced to repeat over and over, an egt gauge will come in handy @ that point for monitoring unknown regions unless you are running a water injection set up.....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search