tech inspection - Page 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: tech inspection
Friday, June 13, 2008 7:35 AM
As of 2007, drivers of all non-factory boosted cars and all cars running nitrous hoping to compete in a sanctioned class through the NHRA and IHRA must wear a fire COAT meeting SFI 3.2A/1 with pants meeting same requirement encouraged.

This rule actually came about because of 4 and 6 cylinder owners, mostly kids, who incorrectly installed nitrous kits on their cars and started causing fires at the track LOL. For the $50 it'll cost for the coat everyone should wear one. I have both the pants and coat and wear them on every run. The pants are baggy enough to slip right on over a pair of basketball shorts so you dont have to sweat your balls off all day when your not running.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26

Re: tech inspection
Thursday, June 19, 2008 3:26 PM
Hypsy (The Trucking One) wrote:As of 2007, drivers of all non-factory boosted cars and all cars running nitrous hoping to compete in a sanctioned class through the NHRA and IHRA must wear a fire COAT meeting SFI 3.2A/1 with pants meeting same requirement encouraged.

This rule actually came about because of 4 and 6 cylinder owners, mostly kids, who incorrectly installed nitrous kits on their cars and started causing fires at the track LOL. For the $50 it'll cost for the coat everyone should wear one. I have both the pants and coat and wear them on every run. The pants are baggy enough to slip right on over a pair of basketball shorts so you dont have to sweat your balls off all day when your not running.

Thanks for letting me borrow those at the TVR shootout

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search