swaybars - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
swaybars
Tuesday, June 17, 2008 4:09 PM
So, i see from a search that there are 3 stock front sway bars offered on a 3rd gen j-body, the 18mm, 22mm and the 24mm. I'm looking for a 22 or 24 for my race car. It has to be a stock one. From gm parts direct i found two sway bars listed for cavaliers. One was a "normal" one and one was for "with handling package". This was listed as a part for a 96 cavalier. Would the second one be the 22 or 24 mm bar? If this is unknown, what specific year and model j-bodies would have the 22 and 24 mm bars. (what model and year could I use to order a stock bar for THAT car and have it be a 22 or 24mm bar?) From reading I thought all cars in a certain age range had a certain size but I also recently read a post from someone that claimed they had a newer one (supposedly w/ a 22mm???) yet they measured it to be 18mm. I hope i didnt miss something obvious in while searching but im kind of in a hurry to order whats right and get rid of some body roll.

Re: swaybars
Wednesday, June 18, 2008 8:36 AM
22mm came on the front of 95-99 Z24/ sunfire GT 24 mm came on the front of 00+ GT/Z24/LS Sport the 18 was the base model bar in 95-99. extreme base cars had zero front sway bar

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search