Rev Limiter Probs at Oval Track - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rev Limiter Probs at Oval Track
Sunday, June 22, 2008 5:01 PM
I'm new here to j-body, but I've read enough here to understand you guys won't touch a post about rev-limit removal. But I'll make a go at it anyway. Here is my issue.

I run at a local 3/8 mile asphault track. It's a 96 Cavalier converted to a 2004 Cavalier. Pretty much shelled the 96 and installed everything into it from the 04 rolled over Cavalier. It's a 4 speed automatic. It's pretty much an entirely stock class. Strip a 4-cyl front wheel drive, add a 4 point roll cage and have at it. Rules can be seen here.

Now on to my issue. I run in 2nd gear running 225/60/15's. We run a Fuzion HRI tire as a spec track tire. It's the largest tire I can run so going taller isn't an issue. When the sun goes down and the track cools, I pick up speed to the point that I'm hitting the rev limiter before the next corner on the straights. I'm not looking to turn the thing 7500, but maybe a couple extra 200 rpms. Is there a way to trick the rev limiter and turn is OFF. I know I can pay some big money for maybe HP Tuner and set it up, but bypassing it would be ok for me since I'll only turn a couple hundred more anyway. Can someone help me out? Need pics to prove I got the car? It's hurting me a bit trying to get under guys when my car just stalls before corner entry. I'm willing to communicate via email to keep it away from those who don't need to know how to do something stupid if it also removes the speed govenor, but I'm in no danger of getting there in 2nd gear. Thanks!

Greg Napier

Re: Rev Limiter Probs at Oval Track
Sunday, June 22, 2008 5:14 PM
its removal of the speed limiter that is not spoken here.

hptuners software would be the best and probaly the only way to go far as i know.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, June 22, 2008 5:15 PM
sigh.. i'd love hp tuners! i gotta plant that tree in the back yard first though.

-- RK Sport Underdriven Crank, Motor Mounts, Trans Mount, 4-1 Header, Catback Exhaust,
Reveco 62mm Throttle Body, B&M Shiftplus --
Saturday, June 28, 2008 10:00 AM
yeah it's an automatic, it's going to shift exactly where it's at unless you use HPTuners or comparable to raise the shift points and raise spark/fuel cutoff.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Saturday, June 28, 2008 10:13 AM
ok a stupid question but why can someone not ask or tell about mph gov modification???

and please dont be asses its an honest question....

2003 cavalier red, k&n cold air, pacesetter header and cat back exhaust.
Saturday, June 28, 2008 10:17 AM
redcav03 wrote:ok a stupid question but why can someone not ask or tell about mph gov modification???

and please dont be asses its an honest question....

Because there is no leagal reason to do it except racing aplications. By the time you would need to go faster than the limter is set at you will already know how to do it without asking anyone

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Saturday, June 28, 2008 10:25 AM
um yes there is when racing on the highway it sucks to have an s-10 pass you because you stop at 110mph!!!

2003 cavalier red, k&n cold air, pacesetter header and cat back exhaust.
Saturday, June 28, 2008 8:52 PM
redcav03 wrote:um yes there is when racing on the highway it sucks to have an s-10 pass you because you stop at 110mph!!!

There's your problem, retard. Street racing is illegal and utterly moronic.

2001 Olds Alero (LD9)
636 whp / 543 ft-lb
@turboalero
Saturday, June 28, 2008 9:06 PM
hahahahahahahaha

I love how it sounded like "dude, you guys all do this right... dude?"

Saturday, June 28, 2008 11:29 PM
redcav03 wrote:um yes there is when racing on the highway it sucks to have an s-10 pass you because you stop at 110mph!!!

Hmm ...I can't say I have a problem with s10's passing me at 110 ... for several reasons. The number one reason is because I don't race them on the street. You have nothing to prove. If you think your car is fast take it to the track and post up your slips.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Sunday, July 13, 2008 3:13 PM
pretty sure that an s10 is governed lower than an s-10...

to the OP... hp tuners (as already stated) is probably gonna be your best bet. if you can find somebody in the area with the software that is willing, you should only need $100 or so for the credits.

Monday, July 14, 2008 2:22 AM

wrap your car around a tree please

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, July 14, 2008 10:04 AM
strat81 wrote:pretty sure that an s10 is governed lower than an s-10...

whoops... meant governed lower than 110

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search