got to the track got traction ecotec impressed me - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
got to the track got traction ecotec impressed me
Monday, July 07, 2008 6:55 PM
So i went to a big dollar money race on the weekend. i lost in the final 6 cars on driver error i did not launch my car high enought so i bogged all over the starting line

but my best time to day in the spring was a 15.54@92mph with a 2.28 60' on my street tires spinning till 3rd gear and it was mid 60 degrees

on the weekend it was 85-90 degrees and high humidity but the little ecotec got traction 2.12 60' and still went 15.57@88mph so i cannot wait till the cooler weather to see what it can really do.

Re: got to the track got traction ecotec impressed me
Monday, July 07, 2008 9:28 PM
Nice what rpm do you launch at. me as soon as i'm over 2000 i'm spinnin

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 4:08 AM
between 3000-3500 Drag Radials help ALOT

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 5:46 PM
you call that impressive? its decent for a stock car, yes but by no means impressive. especially if you were running on DR's...

and you swapped to an ecotec why?

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 7:53 PM
When i swapped my eco i went from a 16.5 to a 15.8 Mind you i have more mods but i don't have DR i use street tires on stock z rims. I swap mainly for the after market and the oiling system. Considering my 2.4 died due to oil system failure. i loved my 2.4 torque was nice but eco's peace of mind is really nice.
My car still has alot left i had a ac pump siezing and screaming during the 15.8 run.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 6:41 AM
z yaaaa wrote:you call that impressive? its decent for a stock car, yes but by no means impressive. especially if you were running on DR's...

and you swapped to an ecotec why?

i ran the same times on DR in the middle of the summer in the heat that i ran with no traction in the spring in the cool

My LD9 was lucky if it would run 15.8 in the heat. but in the spring and fall it was 15.1-15.3 range we get ALOT of humidity up here in Canada

and i swapped the eco into my sunfire because i bought it with a BLOWN up LD9 and it was easier/cheaper to put in a eco than a new LD9 and a clutch since it was blown

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 11:53 PM
when i swapped to the eco I went from a 15.8 to a 14.9

do i get most improved?

once you get used to it and some more seat time you should see ur e/t drop ur mph is high as hell so you should be able to hit a high 14 at the least

Thursday, July 10, 2008 8:31 AM
wow that car was always decent... 15.8 from an ln2? not bad...

Thursday, July 10, 2008 4:13 PM
Yeah one i don't shift right for drag racing. 2 mines a fully load 4 door Z. I'm still faster than Mikes Z and hes got a catback/intake stage 2 clutch and cams. mild cams but still hes a two door that can't keep up to me.

Saturday, July 12, 2008 11:44 PM
Been down this LD9 Vs. eco before....theres not enough difference between the motors to mean anything......it becomes a drivers race, thats it. But on paper the LD9 owns the L61
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search