My 03 cavy stock vs. 5.0 Mustang - Racing Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
My 03 cavy stock vs. 5.0 Mustang
Sunday, August 10, 2008 6:41 AM
Okay first of all I don't incourage street racing at any means, so I was driving home from picking my wife up from work at about midnight, when a mustang pulls up to me while were driving and starts reving and reving his engine, im like this guy is a frickin retard, so i just ignored him, well he is doing this for like 10 min. straight and it was starting to get on my nerves! so I stopped at the light and he's next to me doing it again! so the light turns green and I just stomp on it, I had him buy 2 car lengths the entire time then I slowed down, and yelled to him take that thing to a track! his mustang was a stick and mines just an auto, this is the first time i've ever done something like that. But I hate when you just have some exterior mods done and people think you want to race all the time.

This is my Signature sweet huh?

Re: My 03 cavy stock vs. 5.0 Mustang
Sunday, August 10, 2008 6:53 AM
ok wrote:But I hate when you just have some exterior mods done and people think you want to race all the time.

So....you showed him otherwise...by racing him?

IBTL

Sunday, August 10, 2008 8:29 AM
Quote:

yelled to him take that thing to a track

but yet you raced him on the street??? lmao

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, August 10, 2008 8:51 AM
It's a fact that people in newer mustangs are @!#$s. My dad had an older Saleen and he didn't pull crap like that and you never see the older classics doing that, but all these douchebag kids think they have a good car when really they could have spent half the money and gotten a better one. I've had this same problem, as have several of my other friends with cavaliers. It's always the damn mustangs!! My buddy just has an Ecotec with the GM supercharger and some very light internals (maybe just pistons) and I call him the 'stang killer cuz thats the only thing he races on the street, but he DESTROYS them.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/Gerkn

Sunday, August 10, 2008 8:51 AM
IDN, my money says he was at the blistering acceleration of your 03 cavalier LS........

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Sunday, August 10, 2008 11:01 AM
Street racing FTL...

IBTL

==============================================================

Yes, noob, the search button is for you...

Sunday, August 10, 2008 1:45 PM
Quote:

I call him the 'stang killer cuz thats the only thing he races on the street

i call him douche bag

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, August 12, 2008 3:19 PM
It becomes annoying after awhile. I get the same BS. You just learn to shake your head, call them a douschbag, yell that you hope they crash their car, and drive normally. Nothing pisses them off more then them spending time revving, and acting like a hardass, just for you to laugh and drive normal while they look like a retard.
Tuesday, August 12, 2008 4:13 PM
haha i had the same thing happen to me too ... i was at a light and this 03 GT revved and kept lookin at me.. on the corner there was a gas station that i was actually going to. light turns green he takes off and i turn right into the station hahah ... not just mustangs though .. with gas prices so high i cant afford to have lead foot.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 12:45 AM
lol you beat a 5.0 mustang with a stock cav? something wrong here?

Anyways, don't waste your time with that. I think all of us have had our fun on the street but.. racing is dif than just getting on the gas sometimes. lol.

JBOK.org / J-Bodies of Kentucky
Wednesday, August 13, 2008 5:49 AM
you did not beat him.....shut up...this post is stupid

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 9:13 PM
If the 5.0 was stock and a gt they are pretty damn slow they are 15.5 cars stock

Thursday, August 14, 2008 12:01 PM
ok wrote: then I slowed down, and yelled to him take that thing to a track!

Yeah right!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 1:41 AM
you got an 03 cavy?
and you beat a 5.0 stang?
gt? v8?

i got an 03 sunfire and i walk all over stangs (non gt)
but a 5.0 i have ran and unless your car is a super chevy, there is NO way you beat it

go to the ricer thread and look at the rules there is one that says "..saying you beat cars that you never have or will.."

2003 Pontiac Sunfire
2.2L 190HP
Pacesetter Headers
Modified Intake
Full Exhaust
9.9 @ 70.19MPH 1/8MI.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008 9:27 AM
Actually the 5.0's are 4.9 L and a 5.0 HO I believe puts out about 240hp so I have to say if you won it was by driver error on his part

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Tuesday, August 19, 2008 10:29 AM
If the 5.slow has been ragged on cause the person who owns it has a lead foot all the time then I can totally see an eco or ld9 giving it a run for its money. They dont have a reputation for being that fast in stock form. The 4.6 would destroy a cavy though.

Thursday, August 21, 2008 1:22 AM
I guess it depends on the condition of the 5.0 but I don't see it happening in most cases, or at least with someone who knows 2 @!#$in things about the car and the motor.

JBOK.org / J-Bodies of Kentucky
Thursday, August 21, 2008 11:58 PM
wtf is the world coming to?

stock 5.0s are GUTLESS POS

200hp from a V8 WOW

I'd be willing to bet a stock eco or 2.4 could easily romp those aging scrap heaps.

if it was modded and taken care of, thats another story.

4.6... again thats another story

but a stock 5.0? cut me a break.. most overrated piece of blue oval crap on the planet.

Saturday, August 23, 2008 8:13 AM
I'm not a Stang fan but cmon PJ,I know anything under 300-350 hp from a V-8 is not impressive but lets face facts here,even if both drivers are good,the stang an auto and the cav a stick,stang a lil' heavier,can you really argue 240hp from a stock 5L HO versus 140 hp from a stock eco?

Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:06 AM
it really depends some 5.0s run 15s others run 10s, it was in a lot of years and theres a huge aftermarket for it

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, September 14, 2008 10:14 PM
you do know people have gone 14.9 and faster on STOCK......as.....stock tires untouched STOCK 5.0 fox bodies right?????

I had a 92' gt 5speed and ran it stock just to see what it would do. not knowing the car with 200k miles, bad motor mounts and futura tires I ran a 15.2

so chances are IF this story is carrying any truth either his car was it total @!#$ shape, the driver was lame......or......the driver was lame

I think it was probobly 2 out of the three there

------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
Those so naive, so hard headed, so narcissistic, that think that buy their own efforts can single handedly change the world, are always the ones that do.

Monday, September 15, 2008 2:56 AM
DaFlyinSkwir(LS61) /PJ/ OEM+ wrote:wtf is the world coming to?

stock 5.0s are GUTLESS POS

200hp from a V8 WOW

I'd be willing to bet a stock eco or 2.4 could easily romp those aging scrap heaps.

if it was modded and taken care of, thats another story.

4.6... again thats another story

but a stock 5.0? cut me a break.. most overrated piece of blue oval crap on the planet.

Well put. Exactly what I wanted to say. Stock, it's just another tired V8 that a modded modern 4 cyl of almost any brand can walk all over. The 4 cyl will make the same power, be lighter, and at the end of the day won't be a gas hog.
Remember....it's always more about the power to weight ratio. Ask any sport bike owner that only makes 100 hp.

Monday, September 22, 2008 5:51 PM
I raced a 4.6 gt at cecil three times, and beat it twice. This guy had his purple barney gt with dual exhaust and thought he was the sh!t. He leaned on the side of his car all night, wearing a mustang shirt, giving us 4 bangers the evil eye. He pulled up behind me and we raced. I got him by 2 tenths. He was furious and pulled behind me again. He got me by 1 tenth. Then it was my turn. I pulled behind him and the last race he red-lighted and spun terribly, and he ran a 15.7 to my 15.2. He was so pissed he flew by me in the slow down area and barely made the turn. He did a burnout in front of the timeslip shack and got kicked out. I by no means claim to be fast, but the driver mod makes a huge difference................ I got the timeslips around here somewhere...

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 12:55 AM
BIGGSZ24 wrote:I'm not a Stang fan but cmon PJ,I know anything under 300-350 hp from a V-8 is not impressive but lets face facts here,even if both drivers are good,the stang an auto and the cav a stick,stang a lil' heavier,can you really argue 240hp from a stock 5L HO versus 140 hp from a stock eco?

240hp 15 years ago. Engines get tired. 240hp at the flywheel then is more like 120whp now, if not less.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 5:09 PM
Engines get tired if not properly taken care of or rebuilt,I have a friend(as many here do) that has an 86-87 LX Fox body with the HO motor with minimal work done to it(headers) and I guarantee he can beat the OPs' cav but then again that's just bench racing or I can send you the article from Car Craft ('07) on how to get 600hp from a stock 5.0 motor with less than 6k into it(hintrocharger),get that much hp out of the Eco with less than 6k.Mmmm..... how much has Hahn spent,lol

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search