won 5 in row,track bought my car - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
won 5 in row,track bought my car
Friday, August 15, 2008 12:21 PM
Well after winning 5 in a row my local track bought my car for $750. It was a 95 cav. 5 speed with 85000 miles. If I did not sell it, I would have lost my points and win for that night. Also I could not race for 2 weeks. The kid who ended up with it has not done better than 4th. I had a 90 something mazda mx3 that could not do any better than 4th. I built a 95 neon auto and finished second before doing a motor swap on the mazda. Boy its a rocket now. Now that I've won 3 in a row, the track is treatening to buy this one. If anyone is interested in checking this out. Visit ospracing.net and click on results. My number is 7 in the 440 class. Does anyone elses track have this buy-out rule? I know about car claims by other drivers but by the track?

Re: won 5 in row,track bought my car
Friday, August 15, 2008 5:02 PM
Could you just come in 2nd every 4 races and not have to worry about it?

11 speaker JL Audio stereo setup for sale:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/audio/52021/

Saturday, August 16, 2008 1:11 PM
My local track has a buy rule. $300 for a no cage car, $400 for a cage car. The rule only pertains to a couple of classes though, mostly those considered amateur classes.

We plan on running a "stock" Ecotec in our local 4 cylinder class. If we win a couple times we'll just drop back a bit and take a few 3rds or 4ths. All that matters to me is that season points title.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Saturday, August 16, 2008 7:19 PM
yeah thats why stock car racing is retarded.

nobody can just build a fast car, you must be cheating.

Sunday, August 17, 2008 10:35 AM
Cheaters get caught, until then you're just creatively using the rules.

I agree to just sandbag once and awhile and get a 2nd or 3rd. Plus, I grew up around dirt tracks and have never heard of this car buyout thing, that is retarded.

Sunday, August 17, 2008 3:51 PM
were im at in central pa i live about 2 hours away from about 10 different dirt tracks. and i think just about all of them have a driver claim rule for the stock cars. a driver can buy your engine after a race for X amount of money. but i never heard of the track buying it

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008 9:30 AM
Hey! Congratulations on winning! Now give us your f'ing car or we shoot you....

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 4:40 PM
can someone explain why this buy-rule is in effect?

Drive Fast Take Chances
http://billstclair.com/blog/images/fukitol.jpg
Friday, August 22, 2008 12:02 AM
why do people participate in race classes like this?

makes no sense to me... they essentially steal your car and give you chump change for it because you win?

thats horse@!#$

Friday, August 22, 2008 11:48 AM
http://www.ospracing.net/rules/2008%20Rulebook.htm

20. OSP reserves the right to purchase any of the top five finishing cars for $750. If the car is purchased,

the driver may keep the safety seat, harness and other safety equipment (i.e. window net, fire

extinguisher). Everything else goes with the car.

21. If any driver wins more than four (4) feature races during the race season, the track has the option to

Purchase the competitor’s car in it’s race ready condition for $750

wow, thats super lame! screw that!

Friday, August 22, 2008 12:12 PM
try n see them take my car ill run them over and drag them down the quarter mile. or ill just tell chuck norris. problem solved

Friday, August 22, 2008 3:36 PM
A lot of tracks will offer to let you keep the car as long as you don't bring it back....EVER.

The rule is in effect to keep one person from running a car that has a decided advantage in a class thats more about learning how to race than actually winning. If no one has a chance to even come close people stop showing up to race, thus costing the track money.

Friday, August 22, 2008 4:57 PM
they do this to keep cost down. so everyone aint spending a fortune to keep up with someone else that has money

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, August 23, 2008 7:28 PM
Cool to keep it competitive, but buy out is lame.

Saturday, August 23, 2008 7:56 PM
Competition is cool and buy out keeps the competition. So by default...Buy out is cool LOL.

If anyone doesn't like it, don't race in a buy out class. Those of us who do know the risk before we start and we plan ahead for it.

Sunday, August 24, 2008 6:02 PM
The rule is there to keep things low budget, and more about the racing than the racecars. If you want to put your heart, soul, and bags of cash into a racecar, find another class to race in.

15.3 @ 89.97mph - '01 SFGT
'98 Acura 1.6EL Sport 5M Y7/Y8 mini me
Wednesday, August 27, 2008 4:42 AM
this is the whole reason i have never raced in my local 4cyl/6cyl class. ive pondered it so many time, it would be so fun. but whats the point when you put some time and money into something and they can just claim your car (minus racing seat and fuel cell where im from). its crap, but it does help to keep cars cheap and everyone kinda on the same level

Tuesday, September 16, 2008 7:04 PM
I think the buy price is way to low and most likely has not been updated to modern prices.

-Chris

Friday, September 19, 2008 7:42 AM
They should do what other types of race does, add weight to the winner's car.

I miss my Sunfire, I want it back!
MMMM, HIDs
You will be missed.
Monday, September 22, 2008 5:20 PM
Buy out = GHEY!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search