2.4twin VS. Ecotec - Page 3 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2.4twin VS. Ecotec
Sunday, August 24, 2008 2:52 PM
damn no insurance what a moron.......lol j/k man they were really pissy that you didn't have insurance.....But that is pretty sad,if I did that in my car I couldn't even look at another pic of it,it would tear me up.

13.520 @ 98mph! 220whp 234tq

Sunday, August 24, 2008 3:54 PM
Well the car was free anyways and I only put about $600 into modifying it.I made about $800 parting it out and am still making some cash selling what's left but yeah even if I would have had plpd ins. I would have only got like $1500 but oh well lesson learned

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Sunday, August 24, 2008 4:18 PM
Yeah,well good luck on the next car(hopefully a j) and watch out for ANIMALS....

Sunday, August 24, 2008 7:37 PM
Exterior:

Altezzas
debadged
front plate relocated

i didnt know putting your front plate in the front window was a mod. damn i gotta add that ha ha rofl srry i had to

13.1 @ 115
Sunday, August 24, 2008 8:35 PM
Well pretty much the same category as relocating your battery to the truck,isn't it a mod????I mean relocating an ecu is a mod,they had a whole,how to topic about it.Everything I do to my car that differs it from stock cavs is considered a mod for me..Mind your own business man.I was backing down from all the crap talking and you all still come at me like Im the worst person in the world.So quit cracking jokes at me,I didn't say anything that would offend you so WTF.To bad you didn't leave your car in neutral in your sig....hahahaha.j/k,I just wanna help and be helped on these forums and give people props on there beautiful cavs,sunfires,so cant we all just get along......PLEASE!

Monday, August 25, 2008 5:14 AM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:..well..

MY LS1 owns ya ALL!

On a happier note, with real gas, ( not the @!#$ 10% alcohol crap) my car gets 24 MPG average (the LS1...)

Chris

HA! I can get 28 mpg out of my carbed 355 on 87! Owns!

My LS1? IDK, its still sitting next to the car its going into... but 280z's only weigh 2600lbs!

Monday, August 25, 2008 6:42 AM
Cody Farrington wrote:Oh ok guys So no one on here ever street raced in there whole life yeah right you fu**ing hipicrits,I don't care what you all think.I love my car,and don't care what people think about the name I gave it "cava-beast",I smoke most the cars around my town anyways so everyone refers to it as that name so STFU,I smoke modded tiburon gt,01 eclipse gt v6,v6 mustang,v6 camaro,tegs,civics,other cavaliers in my town,bmw 325,All the new trucks.and many more.So I think thats pretty good for what the car is ,I know you whiney little girls wont give props,you will just criticize and make fun,but show me what your doing that is so different.Any one that lives around me bring it on then....................You all try to act all politically correct what a bunch of pansy's............

Ok so you beat up on a bunch of 16-17sec cars...YOU SHOULD!!! Nothing you listed there is impressive...AT ALL!!! Impressive is beating a modded evo or sti. Impressive is beating a bolt on ls1. Impressive is beating a stock Corvette. What you have done is make yourself look like more of a jackass. Go on lemme have it, tell me how much of an @!#$ I am. Tell me I'm a pansy. Go on. Let's hear what you've got. You have basically done NOTHING to increase the performance of your car. You would probably run a whopping 15.8 in the 1320. You have put a header and fart can on your car but left the stock 2" exhaust on it, gee this seems like a good idea . You're a funny guy let's see your dumbass rebutle to this.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Monday, August 25, 2008 10:40 AM
Skunk wrote:Ok so you beat up on a bunch of 16-17sec cars...YOU SHOULD!!! Nothing you listed there is impressive...AT ALL!!! Impressive is beating a modded evo or sti. Impressive is beating a bolt on ls1. Impressive is beating a stock Corvette. What you have done is make yourself look like more of a jackass. Go on lemme have it, tell me how much of an @!#$ I am. Tell me I'm a pansy. Go on. Let's hear what you've got. You have basically done NOTHING to increase the performance of your car. You would probably run a whopping 15.8 in the 1320. You have put a header and fart can on your car but left the stock 2" exhaust on it, gee this seems like a good idea . You're a funny guy let's see your dumbass rebutle to this.

Skunk for the truth. But, I just checked his registry and his best 1/8 mile time, recorded less than 2 weeks ago, is only a (10.494@66.985)... about as fast as the speed of smell... That 1/8th time is on par for a mid 16 probably hahaha.

Most new trucks would make that time eat @!#$.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, August 25, 2008 10:40 AM

Monday, August 25, 2008 1:55 PM
Cody Farrington wrote:Oh ok guys So no one on here ever street raced in there whole life yeah right you fu**ing hipicrits

no i dont. a good friend of mine was killed in a street racing accident about 8 years ago. and he wasnt even street racing or apart of the crowd watching the race. he just walking to the store to get some dinner. and i made a promise to his mom, sister, and my mom that if i ever get into racing i take to a track. and i have and i think im a better person for that reason

Cody Farrington wrote:I smoke most the cars around my town anyways so everyone refers to it as that name so STFU

lets take a look see what you "smoke" around town.
modded tiburon gt=slow. even the V6s are slow
01 eclipse gt v6=slow. ive seen them run at the track. either they are slow or have crappy drivers
v6 mustang,v6 camaro= really slow.
tegs,civics,other cavaliers=we all know how these run. tegs, civics and Js are slow. but can be made fast. but most of the time they just sound annoying and are slow
bmw 325= i bet one in my cav 2 years ago. he was one of those HAHA a cavalier type. look on his face was priceless
All the new trucks=most have V8s but power to weight ratio is lost on most. probaly yourself too.

Cody Farrington wrote:I know you whiney little girls wont give props,you will just criticize and make fun

you are the only one thats crying. do something that might impress us and we will give you props and say congrats

Cody Farrington wrote:show me what your doing that is so different

well, if you want me too. i will. first ill start with the cavalier

the trophy count has grown a little since then. and what do you get when you "smoke" these cars?

now onto the Camaro. the comet gt in the 1st pic runs high 12s. he will race you

first win of the year.

those wins didnt come over night. took a lot of practice, 2 motors with the cav, countless bottles of nitrous. and if i had the chance to do it all over again......you bet your ass i would.

Cody Farrington wrote:You all try to act all politically correct

lol. if you say so. thank you drive thru

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, August 25, 2008 2:41 PM
Ok guys jezzus christ I backed down WTF.Keep um coming whatever,no matter what I say or do you will all still bitch at me,and skunk "beating evos and sti's are you serious??????Most people dont have a fu(*ing money tree in there front yard.If I was going to waste that much money on a cavlier just to beat a stock or slightly modded v8,then I would just save myself ALOT of cash and just by a eairlier model lt1 or a cheap ls1 for a fraction of the cost of an ultra modded cavalier,and plus you have to fabricate pretty much everything on a j-body to make it stick with a bolt on ss camaro,or t/a.So wtf.

Monday, August 25, 2008 2:47 PM
And plus this is my DD why would I want to make it unreliable by adding thousands of dollars worth of engine mods just to prove that I could stick with a ss camaro that is mostly stock?

Monday, August 25, 2008 5:12 PM
Cody Farrington wrote:,and plus you have to fabricate pretty much everything on a j-body to make it stick with a bolt on ss camaro,or t/a.So wtf.

With the econ O Tec maybe......

but my 02 did just fine VS them......

Quote:

And plus this is my DD why would I want to make it unreliable by adding thousands of dollars worth of engine mods just to prove that I could stick with a ss camaro that is mostly stock?

Once more, my 02 went 100K plus... with all the mods... Great car for my when i was active duty.....(Ooh_RAAaa Marines)

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Monday, August 25, 2008 5:23 PM
Cody you are a @!#$ idiot. End of discussion. Mine is also a daily driver and has seen many states, well in her previous form. Wait, why am I arguing w/ a 19 year old ricer bitch.

Monday, August 25, 2008 5:33 PM
LOL.. no really Curt. I laughed.... kinda hard....

But really, a good tune, MP62, Header, 2.5" exhaust, a resonator, and a good Dynomax muffler (unless you don't want to pass for stock) should get you in to the mid 13's

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Monday, August 25, 2008 7:41 PM
Well skunk @!#$ you sunovabitch,I wish I could meet you in person,I would show you ricer bitch....... .And im 18,learn how to count months fu(king idiot!Im tired of backing down,cause you all are STILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Giving me @!#$,so what other negative things do you have to say about me.Keep them coming,I no they will never stop,and for the people that don't ridicule me and talk @!#$ to me like I had a @!#$ fest with there mom all night or something,Thanks.Im SORRY!And for whoever said That I put the fart can on my car plus header with stock piping,ok for one I didnt put the fart can on there it was on there when I got the car from the car lot,that was the only mod on it,and secondly I know I have stock piping,Im hopefully going to get 2.25 all the way back,The header I got was for a cobalt ss/sc,I got it from ramon on the forums"he just got a scion tc"he said It had bigger tubes,so it would flow better,but When I get the piping I guess I have to get a new cat+resonator+muffler to compensate for the bigger pipe right?I dont have enough money for all that right now,but I really wanna get a high flow cat+resonator+Which ever muffler I choose.Guys please give me a break.Ive got alot of help on these forums and,Im well apreciated,if it werent for these forums,I wouldnt have met ramon from texas j's,and there for,wouldnt have bought them parts he had laying around for his cavalier he just sold.And some convinced me to go to the track and run my car,I did and had a blast,but people on here make fun of my times so why even go back?And I never thought that many people modded cavaliers till I got on these forums,so It made me wanna mod mine,And I never thought cavaliers could look so good!Well no one will agree with anything I said you will probably just keep talking crap,yeah I deserve it but I think enough is enough.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 2:24 AM
Cody dude. in this thread you posted your times in 1/8th mile on page 2. the only one that made a "bad" comment about your time was Taetsch Z-24. but personally i wouldnt put too much stock into those online 1/8 to 1/4 mile time calculators online or what anyone else says what your car should run. and you are acting like your car is the fastest thing out there and its not. and your beating those other cars in an illegal matter by racing them on the street so yeah most of us will give you a hard time about it. so deal with it or leave. simple as that

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008 3:04 AM
I got videos of me beating some of the cars stated above on my myspace page at the strip.And I know my car is slow,I know I cant hang with f-body v8s,and gt mustangs,I envy them everytime they blow past me.I was just saying it was fast for what it is.Not fast by beating cars totally out of its range.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:14 AM
If you had taken the time and looked around before posting some of the dumbass stuff you did you would have realized your car is really slow. You would understand that it takes a hell of a lot more than just a header to make a J fast.

From the thread at the top of the page...

A) 2.2L Ecotec N/A
1. ECOTEC, 13.288 @ 103.78
2. Ben Wenzel Jr., 13.442 @ 104.08
3. DaFlyinSkwirl (PJ), 14.004 @ 96.76
4. Owen Stampflee, 14.446 @ 93.74
5. Jonathan Wehr, 14.826 @ 91.03
6. Mandy Mosley, 14.837 @ 90.74
7. Jackalope, 14.896 @ 91.86
8. nwcavi nick, 14.983 @ 94.23
9. bleco04, 14.999 @ 94.388
10. Brandon Ray,15.011 @ 90.93

From the thread about halfway down the page...

Top 15 J-Body Overall
Standing Name HP TQ Dyno Type
1 Adam Hahn 554.81 432.24 Dynojet Turbo Ecotec
2 Brandon Fetter 486.40 475tq Dynojet Turbo LD9 @ 20 psi
3 Raven 451.00 421.00 Turbo 3800
4 Spyhunter 432.00 424.00 Mustang Turbo LD9 @ 15 psi
5 Brian aka SpeedRacerZ 422.00 347.00 Dynojet Turbo LD9 @ 15 psi
6 Mike Karas 410.00 Turbo LD9
7 Andrew Misner 370.00 310.00 Dynojet Turbo Ecotec
8 Karo 354.00 Dynojet LD9 w/ 75 shot
9 Skunk 348.2whp 262.91tq @ ???psi Dynojet
10 Chris Whatley 305.70 Dynojet Turbo Ecotec @ 14 psi
11 Burnout 303.00 269.00 SuperFlow Turbo LD9 @ 12 psi
12 Ryne Hoover 301.20 Dynojet Turbo Ecotec @ 16 psi on 16 g
13 Skilz 292.00 Turbo LD9 @ 7 psi
14 Darryn DiSanto 284.56 297.58 Turbo Ecotec @ 15 psi on 16 g
15 FstCavZ24 284.41 262.82 Dynojet Turbo Ecotec @ 10.5 psi on 20 g / PortFueler

Ecotec N/A
1 Ben Wenzel Jr 193.00 Mustang Ecotec N/A
2 Enthusiast 161.73 Dynojet Ecotec N/A
3 lostsol 156.27 Dynojet Ecotec N/A
4 Rodimus Prime 151.00 Dynojet Ecotec N/A
5 Jonathan Wehr 147.34 Dynojet Ecotec N/A
6 s1lver_N1p 144.78 Dynojet Ecotec N/A
7 Matt K 143.53 148.75 Dynojet Ecotec N/A
8 Roy 141.00 Dynojet Ecotec N/A
9 ericchevcavalier 135.00whp Dinojet Ecotec N/A
10 Schembo000 134.44 134.15 Dynapack Ecotec N/A
11 the EVIL J 134.00 Dynojet Ecotec N/A

Ecotec F/I
1 Adam Hahn 554.81 432.24 Dynojet Turbo Ecotec
2 Andrew Misner 370.00 310.00 Dynojet Turbo Ecotec
3 Skunk 348.20whp 262.91tq @ ???psi Dynojet
4 Chris Whatley 305.70 Dynojet Turbo Ecotec @ 14 psi
5 Ryne Hoover 301.20 Dynojet Turbo Ecotec @ 16 psi on 16 g
6 Darryn DiSanto 284.56 297.58 Dynojet Turbo Ecotec @ 15 psi on 16 g
7 FstCavZ24 284.41 262.82 Dynojet Turbo Ecotec @ 10.5 psi on 20 g / PortFueler
8 Californiadomestics 247.54 218.42 Dynojet Supercharge Ecotec @ 14 psi
9 Victor Piel 243.80 247.20 Superflow Turbo Ecotec @ 8 psi
10 03supercharged 225.00 Dynojet Supercharge Ecotec

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 9:17 AM
i wonder what i dyno with the nitrous hmm> michael may be making a trip to get dynoed

13.1 @ 115
Tuesday, August 26, 2008 9:24 AM
DJ MIKE BARR wrote:i wonder what i dyno with the nitrous hmm> michael may be making a trip to get dynoed

yea, damnit! I should have run my car when it was blown and juicin, I could have made one of those lists.... oh well...

alright, I think everyone can get off this kid's back, I think he realized the error of his ways. We don't need to banish another newbie... he has only been a member for a couple months! Take it easy on him!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 3:43 PM
Ok I know my car is slow,what do you want me to do burn it to the ground???????Its my car thats slow not my driving that makes it slow.I got a 0.18 r/t and shifted perfect every time but still would not break 10.4's

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 3:59 PM
honestly, that RT isn't all that fast. Yes, its quicker than most of those newbies you see at the track that actually wait for the light to turn green before they touch the gas to score a .3 - .5 but if its over a .0 its not impressive. So I wouldn't go bragging about that. 150 hp had its day, Hell my camaro was born with just a lil more than that with an LG4, 150 hp and 240 ft lbs in a v8! Then GM was ahead of the game with the quads with DOHCs! with the GTZs and the W41, then they dropped it back down. Don't worry about it. Chillax with the rest of us. I'm not here trying to give you a hard time. Honestly, the guys who are aren't on those lists either. Tho they aren't talkin @!#$ they can't back up for the most part either.

Don't take it personal, just learn from what you can, don't instigate the thread anymore than it already is and call it a day. Read, ask questions, have fun. In the end, thats what its about. I haven't seen you post in anymore than here. Don't let this thread get you down. If I left for everytime I was flamed I would have given up by now. When it all comes down to it, we all have econoboxes, not by choice, just by necessity and affordability...

wow, forgive the punctuation and spelling, I have drank tooooooo much! lol

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 4:26 PM
Well that was only my second time at the track so I was proud of myself,but im not bragging by no means,Thanks for talking to me like a human!I cant believe they were coming at me with such INSANE! replys,They act like I went to there house and kicked there dog or something....haha,But thanks for not criticizing me

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 9:53 PM
Quote:

When it all comes down to it, we all have econoboxes, not by choice, just by necessity and affordability...

I had the option to get something else when I wrecked my blue one, what do I do...yeah, number 5.

Cody - Sorry I came off harsh. I'm just sick of guys that think a few minor bolt on's and they think they got hot @!#$. A J in stock form is as stated junk slow-ass econobox. When you start putting forced induction, n2o, or getting crazy w/ n/a you won't get a whole lot of people giving you credit. PJ and Wenzel as it goes w/ n/a ecotec have pretty much wrote a whole new area for n/a ecotec. Then you got Hahn, which proves what you can do when the pockets are bottomless. Brian, Brandon, just sheer grit and determination. All of these guys have gotten to where they are by not listening to the "It's just a cavalier." bull@!#$ that we all hear and looking for the next 10hp no matter where it comes from. I know I'm certainly not done at 348whp. My goal is 450, and I hope to get there by the end of the year. Good luck w/ whatever you decide to do with yours, hope it works out for ya.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 3:45 AM
Thanks skunk your car looks AWESOME by the way!I want to do forced induction on mine but It has a bunch of miles on it 136,000,do you think I would have to get forged internals,or just a rebiuld,thanks.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search